England in Pakistan

Who will win the ODI Series

• Total voters
anotehr out 4.46 hoggard 4 wickets

maybe the reason cicketinfo is so slow is because of all these wickets falling LOL

5/58 now LOL a shocking wicket

Pakistan A 58/5 now with Mansoor Amjad out to Collingwood. The infamous Pakistani collapse for you gentlemen! I hope Hasan Raza plays a big innings here.

I was going to come on and say that i'm actually concerned about our batting now, but having seen Pakistan A are now 114-7 i'm baffled! Have the groundsman been purposely imformed to prepare bowlers pitches for the warm up matches so our batsman don't get a chance to get in? Is there any sort of pitch report about?

Also I hope Harmison doesn't do what he did in South Africa, bat better than he bowled, which he has in this match so far!

Correction, 127-8. Giles 3-14

Last edited:
Does Pakistan just make crap pitches?

Do your groundsmen have any form of qualification?! :eek:

stevie said:
I was going to come on and say that i'm actually concerned about our batting now, but having seen Pakistan A are now 114-7 i'm baffled! Have the groundsman been purposely imformed to prepare bowlers pitches for the warm up matches so our batsman don't get a chance to get in? Is there any sort of pitch report about?

Also I hope Harmison doesn't do what he did in South Africa, bat better than he bowled, which he has in this match so far!

Correction, 127-8. Giles 3-14

Of course they are doctoring the pitches - why wouldn't they? Warne took 40 wickets in 5 tests against them - weakness against spin? Can it get any clearer? Don't expect any favours come the tests, and from what I saw the last time the Pakis were in AU they have some pretty good little spinners in their ranks these days.

A great team can adapt to any conditions - the indians doctored the pitches the last time the aussies were there, but the aussies had enough class (without Ponting even, a fine player of spin) to adapt and succeed. A true test for England I'm sure.

But sub-200 scores is going way too far in the doctoring - 2 day test matches should be reserved for teams playing bangladesh.

BTW - if this English team wants to be remembered as a GREAT team - they first have to win in Australia. And to ever hope to be classed alongside this current australian side and the windies of the 80s, they have to do it for a decade. As if!

valvolux said:
Of course they are doctoring the pitches - why wouldn't they? Warne took 40 wickets in 5 tests against them - weakness against spin? Can it get any clearer? Don't expect any favours come the tests, and from what I saw the last time the Pakis were in AU they have some pretty good little spinners in their ranks these days.

Which is why 15 of the 18 wickets to fall in the warm up match have gone to seamers. Don't blame them for preparing bowler friendly pitches at all, but it's helping our bowlers.

valvolux said:
BTW - if this English team wants to be remembered as a GREAT team - they first have to win in Australia. And to ever hope to be classed alongside this current australian side and the windies of the 80s, they have to do it for a decade. As if!

Aww is someone still feeling a ickle bit jealous, oh poor diddums. I bet you like most Aussies were saying 'As if' to us beating you in the Ashes, we eventually outplayed you in every test bar Lords, and if it wasn't for Warnes incredible display it would've been 4-1.

Yes. England have won the Ashes, but they can't be over confident and think the job is done. It was a great achievement but, we are not the best.

Pakistan A 133-9 now.

England is 10-1 after 5 overs. But more important: Vaughan is retired hurt.

Last edited:
Sureshot said:
Aww is someone still feeling a ickle bit jealous, oh poor diddums. I bet you like most Aussies were saying 'As if' to us beating you in the Ashes, we eventually outplayed you in every test bar Lords, and if it wasn't for Warnes incredible display it would've been 4-1.
But it wasn't.And he was making a valid point.At least recognise it.

Here is more news.

Vaughan, who had faced just one delivery and was yet to get off the mark, pulled up abruptly as he was called for a quick single by Andrew Strauss. After lengthy treatment he left the pitch at a slow pace, albeit unaided, to be replaced by Pietersen. Though no official prognosis has yet been released, it has been confirmed by the team management that it is Vaughan's right knee that has been injured, the same one that caused him to miss the Lord's Test in May 2004, in which Strauss waltzed into the team with a century on debut.

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/pakveng/content/story/224392.html

England 122-2 now after 29 overs. Strauss and Collingwood hitting fifties.

Users who are viewing this thread