England in Pakistan

Who will win the ODI Series

• Total voters
I still find it strange they have scheduled a match on Saturday. I rather see a match starting on Thursday and finishing it on Sunday and possibly Monday. In that way a lot of people have free time and they watch the match at home too.

Maybe it has something to do with Ramadan and England wanted two warm up matches.

barmyarmy said:
Well both sides are definitely capable of imploding. I'm not too concerned about the loss. At least we worked out how to bat a little bit in the second innings. Losing Vaughan for the whole series would be a massive blow though.
I totally agree with that.

ZexyZahid said:
I still find it strange they have scheduled a match on Saturday. I rather see a match starting on Thursday and finishing it on Sunday and possibly Monday. In that way a lot of people have free time and they watch the match at home too.

Maybe it has something to do with Ramadan and England wanted two warm up matches.

I agree, Aus always schedule their matches to start on Thur or Fri and finish on Mon or Tue. Its very strange for the game to be starting on Sat.

England lost a big person here Vaughan. He is definitely a good batsmen against spinners. So England will feel his shortage especially when batting looks to struggle.

His captaincy will also be missed. He has proven to be a very good captain. I don't know how Marcus will go taking over the captaincy.

aussie1st said:
His captaincy will also be missed. He has proven to be a very good captain. I don't know how Marcus will go taking over the captaincy.
trescothick will be interesting to see but Eng will miss Vaughan in each field even his off - spin :D .

Don't think they will miss his fielding. I remember the Ashes where he was fielding at mid on. Trescothick at least is in the slips closer to the action. I do remember though the last time he captained he didn't have that same authority.

Today they will find out if Vaughan's tour is over or not. Didn't see any news yet.

m_vaughan said:
That is a crucial blow for the visitors, and its gonna hurt them. Trescothick isnt half as good as a captain.

Agreed. But hopefully Vaughan will be able to dictate information to Tresco in some way. Maybe through our famous sub fielders :rolleyes:

Is Gary Pratt on this tour by any chance? :p

No runs to him!

Last edited:
Alastair Cook has 2,700 career first class runs and only turns 21 in December. Highest score 214* vs Australia.

Users who are viewing this thread