England in Pakistan

Who will win the ODI Series

• Total voters
ZexyZahid said:
I didn't expect less then of the responses of the Englishmen here. Luckily there are some minor Englishmen who I have still respect for.

When someone accuses you and later it finds out it isn't true, it's normal to make an apology. I guess it's just a matter how behaviour is being taught there.

Because 1 person fails to make an apology the whole nation is a problem?

OOOOOOOOO, all this b*tching :p, i love it!!! and i wasnt involved! :)

Come on...someone start an argument with me! :p

Also nice to see stevie stamping his authority as follows :p

Originally Posted by stevie
That will do.

stevie for admin campaign! :D

Back on topic now...the series will be very tight no doubt, but lets remember england are a better team overall than pakistan, but that means nothing playing on these pitches. It will be a test, but one england should deal with comfortably!

Last edited:
dazza76 said:
Don't worry about banning me i assure you i wont be returning.
Is that supposed to be a threat? :rolleyes:

Andrew has been very helpful to many members here and seems like the kind of guy who doesn't tolerate idiocy. At times, I have found his comments a bit harsh on some idiots, but they're normally justified.

Ok, I think this can be put down to a misunderstanding rather than any intention on Dazza's part to be racist. From any of his other posts it is clear he is not racist although he is not to know that the use of the term 'paki' was a very contentious topic on another forum Andrew and I used to be at and was being used there in a derogatory way.
Please everyone remember that this board is read worldwide and what may seem like a glib throw away or a harmless comment where you're from may not be everywhere and may in fact be offensive to people.
As it is I hope the two of you can sort out any differences off the board as it would seem a shame for a misunderstanding like this to cause anyone to feel they had to leave the forum.

On topic I agree partially with Akram. I do think though that England weren't complaining about the fact Pakistan got reverse swing; they were complaining about how they got reverse swing. i.e. allegedly through seam picking, illegal roughing etc

JamesyJames3 said:
Also nice to see stevie stamping his authority as follows

He'll stamp it on you if you're not careful.

barmyarmy said:
Ok, I think this can be put down to a misunderstanding rather than any intention on Dazza's part to be racist. From any of his other posts it is clear he is not racist although he is not to know that the use of the term 'paki' was a very contentious topic on another forum Andrew and I used to be at and was being used there in a derogatory way.
Please everyone remember that this board is read worldwide and what may seem like a glib throw away or a harmless comment where you're from may not be everywhere and may in fact be offensive to people.
As it is I hope the two of you can sort out any differences off the board as it would seem a shame for a misunderstanding like this to cause anyone to feel they had to leave the forum.

On topic I agree partially with Akram. I do think though that England weren't complaining about the fact Pakistan got reverse swing; they were complaining about how they got reverse swing. i.e. allegedly through seam picking, illegal roughing etc

He'll stamp it on you if you're not careful.

Its ok Colin, were pals :D

And fellow Take That fan club members...

wanna join? :)

What happened around here? :laugh

I wish the Aussie were here too. It would be so much fun.

Back to topic now: On Monday the tour squad of England will be announced. Who do you think will be excluded? I read some news that they're mentioning now Shah. He has a great average in County Cricket: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/england/4248240.stm

Following on from ZexyZahid's comment about the squad I guess the obvious choices are

1. Strauss
2. Trescothick
3. Vaughan
4. Bell
5. Pietersen
6. Flintoff
7. G. Jones
8. Giles
9. Hoggard
10. Harmison
11. S. Jones

Then probably I would expect to see go
12. Collingwood
13. Tremlett

Other players
14. Batty or maybe Swann as the extra spinner

Backup keeper
15. Read, maybe Prior

Batsmen
16. Joyce, Key, Shah, Butcher (Personally I would like to see Butcher go but then I would give Shah a chance)

Bowlers
17. Andersen, Lewis, Ali??

I'm not sure exactly how many they will take, I think one player who is definetly in with a shout is Blackwell, definetly for the one dayers and his spin seems to be improving every month so he wouldn't be a bad backup spinner which would also strengthen the batting.

I'd also like to see them give a really young kid a chance, give them some test experience early and it could really set them up for the future, someone like James Hildreth from Somerset.

Personally of the other players for me the favourites are Collingwood (he can bat, bowl and field; can't miss out), Tremlett (deserves a chance to play), Lewis (had a good ODI series), Gough, Read (is a better wicketkeeper then Jones, and I have no problem with being a wicketkeeper, because catches win matches) and Butcher.

I've seen Shahs record and that is very good, but since I don't know the other players records I won't say anything about his inclusion.

i cant see swann going to be honest. I would expect batty to make the trip. However I dont think he is the ideal choice, I would still take keedy on this tour. I also like the look of a guy called Durston at Somerset, could be a future england player, but still very young.

JamesyJames3 said:
i cant see swann going to be honest. I would expect batty to make the trip. However I dont think he is the ideal choice, I would still take keedy on this tour. I also like the look of a guy called Durston at Somerset, could be a future england player, but still very young.

I could be wrong but isn't Keedy in his thirties now, he is a possibility I guess but kind of a backward step, never going to replace Giles unless he gets injured. I like the looks of Durston too.

Lets be honest England are not going to play two spinners because they simply don't have the quality so unless he gets injured Giles will play so why not take a youngster like Durston just to give him the experience.

Reider84 said:
I could be wrong but isn't Keedy in his thirties now, he is a possibility I guess but kind of a backward step, never going to replace Giles unless he gets injured. I like the looks of Durston too.

Lets be honest England are not going to play two spinners because they simply don't have the quality so unless he gets injured Giles will play so why not take a youngster like Durston just to give him the experience.

Thats a top dollar idea! :D

It would be good for his experience.

But time will tell on the spinner front, and yes keedy is 30.

I'll give Vaughany a ring then and tell him we've decided on Durston. :) Either that or bring Tuffnel back lol

This should be an interesting series, and England will have to prepare well to tackle the wickets in Pakistan. For most of the players it will be a new experience, but considering that a much weaker England side won the last test series in Pakistan, my money is on England to win this comfortably.

Users who are viewing this thread