England in Pakistan

Who will win the ODI Series

• Total voters
ZexyZahid said:
About having a 'better team' then in december 2000 in the last Test in Pakistan, I don't think you can quite say that.

This was the line-up then: MA Atherton, ME Trescothick, N Hussain, GP Thorpe, AJ Stewart, GA Hick, C White, AF Giles, IDK Salisbury, AR Caddick, D Gough.

And this is the normal line-up now: ME Trescothick, AJ Strauss, MP Vaughan, IR Bell, KP Pietersen, A Flintoff, GO Jones, AF Giles, MJ Hoggard, SJ Harmison, SP Jones.

Apart from Salisbury and White, I find the team of 2000 had better individual players (except for Flintoff)
That 2000 team which you think was better was being beaten black and blue by almost everyone else and at one time was at the bottom of the ICC table, even after having most of those quality individuals. Its not about the individuals, its about the team and their confidence playing together. The best example of this was the Ashes series itself. Man for man, looking at their record, Australia was unbeatable but they got creamed. England will be pretty tough to beat for Pakistan.

DejaVu.... some similar comments in these forums prior to Pakistan's last visit to Australia. Remember, Fardin?

Last edited:
Mahesh Babu said:
Pakistan grounds are not modern compared to England and so it would be a kind of boring series.

Do u know any cricket .. are u trying to say pakistan dont have good grounds ... i prefere them better ;) ....... Now tell me what PTBSP- S P L =

Mahesh Babu said:
England will crush the pakistanis into pieces this time.Pieterson are you listening?

I remember india crushing Pakistan in 2005 .. did they :rolleyes:

I think news is wrong that inzy is in foarm ... he is :D

Pieterson going to play Shoaib Akz hot fire or D Kaneriaz googlyz

I dont think sooo :cheers

I know England is Best but Pakistan Rulzz ... how about that

JamesyJames3 said:
What quality? :p I cant see any of your bowlers being better than what we have jjust faced in australia? :p

U saying new freddy is better then experenced Akther :rolleyes:

U saing Rana Naved will not bowl M Wangh on first ball ;)

Mate u dont no what quality iss if u did ... u would have said

JamesyJames3 said:
quality Yeh pakistan has got good balling but England the best
:cool:

stevie said:
I look forward to hearing the talkSPORT commentators describe Pietersen smacking Shoaib's 'bouncers' into the crowd. :)

stevie ,, day dreaming again

JamesyJames3 said:
Pakistan fans...dont get ahead of yourself...

Your no England :p
welll we know we r not england thatz y we r aheat ;)

usy57_pak said:

Sorry? That makes no sense whatsoever.

Briggsey said:
Just like Freddie and Pietersen will be waiting for that "100mph" delivery from Shoaib :D

i never knew Freddie and Pietersen want to get out that quickly :noway

stevie said:
Sorry? That makes no sense whatsoever.

:EEK!:

usy57_pak said:

No stevie it dont, and i didnt make one of those quotes! :eek:

Did someone sit on your caps lock key?

ZexyZahid said:
About having a 'better team' then in december 2000 in the last Test in Pakistan, I don't think you can quite say that.

This was the line-up then: MA Atherton, ME Trescothick, N Hussain, GP Thorpe, AJ Stewart, GA Hick, C White, AF Giles, IDK Salisbury, AR Caddick, D Gough.

And this is the normal line-up now: ME Trescothick, AJ Strauss, MP Vaughan, IR Bell, KP Pietersen, A Flintoff, GO Jones, AF Giles, MJ Hoggard, SJ Harmison, SP Jones.

Apart from Salisbury and White, I find the team of 2000 had better individual players (except for Flintoff)

Strauss > Atherton
Vaughan > Hussain
KP > Hick (he never fulfilled his potential)

Tres has improved since then as has Giles.

ohhhh. i think i never relised that .. sorry

England dont worry about secuerty ..... u will be 100% safe in pakistan ... we love u ..... welll i do love freddy da best in england team ...

usy57_pak said:
ohhhh. i think i never relised that .. sorry

England dont worry about secuerty ..... u will be 100% safe in pakistan ... we love u ..... welll i do love freddy da best in england team ...
Speak 4 urself :P

Stevie and JamesyJames3, maybe one of you should change your avatar a bit, it gets to be confusing at times when I think stevie is talking to himself. :p

nightprowler10 said:
Stevie and JamesyJames3, maybe one of you should change your avatar a bit, it gets to be confusing at times when I think stevie is talking to himself. :p

check out the name of the person above his avtar man!!!!

Mahesh Babu said:
England will crush the pakistanis into pieces this time.Pieterson are you listening?

DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ENGLAND & PAKISTAN

HE DESI U DON'T KNOW PAKISTANI PITCHES ARE SLOW AND ENGLAND HAS TOP GREEN PITCHES

ENGLISH DON'T KNOW WHAT THE HELL IS ASIAN SPINNERS

From 1982 to 2000 pakistan has totally dominated the test series,

Users who are viewing this thread