England in South Africa

what will be the possible outcome of Test series?

• South Africa wins 5-0

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • South Africa wins 4-0, 4-1

• South Africa wins 2-0,3-0,3-1

• South Africa wins 1-0,2-1,3-2

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Drawn 0-0,1-1,2-2

• England wins 1-0,2-1,3-2

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • England wins 2-0,3-0,3-1

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • England wins 4-0, 4-1

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • England wins 5-0

Votes: 3 9.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
260/6 and still an hour to go before lunch.
I'd say keep batting and knacker their bowlers (or better still injure them). If we can bat through to about tea they'll be exhausted come friday.

Edit: Giles out; maybe lunch then.

Nah, I'd say try to reach a lead of 300 by lunch then stick 'em in; dangle the carrot and see if they go for it. If they lose a couple of early wickets then who knows?
Edit: Hoggy out, so Vaughan may have the decision taken from him anyway.

Last edited:
Brilliant stuff from Tresco. Good call from Rangeela.
SA require 325 off 68 overs (4.5 per over)
The variable factors are Harmison's fitness and Anderson's state of mind. We can always shut up shop and bowl Giles if required though.

Come on England !!

_40728859_tresco200x245.jpg

Another 4 from Trescothick

Just to point out to all the Saffers who think they've been murdering us. We declared both innings! With a full strength attack you haven't managed to bowl us out whereas we, with a depleted attack, bowled you out.

You declared at 8 for and 9 for, not much different to being bowled out

What a game, what a performance from hoggy. There's only one thing to say Hoggy Hoggy Hoggy, oit oit oit.

Sorry ill get my coat

Well...............u never know..........one day he is fighting for a place, next is Englands best bowler by far...............

ZoraxDoom said:
Well...............u never know..........one day he is fighting for a place, next is Englands best bowler by far...............

Thats a good sign. England now have a lot of options, with so many talented youngsters ready to get into the team.

But Hoggy is a permanent member of our test team

Can someone tell me, are we playing lbw in this match? Cos if we are someone needs to tell Aleem Dar.
If he had given that one (which was absolutely plum) Gibbs would have been out and SA would be 5 (or 6 with Smith) down and heading for defeat.
If SA get out of this one now I'll have lost all respect for these two jokers.

_40729607_hog245x245.jpg

Hoggard celebrates the wicket of DeVilliers

Users who are viewing this thread