England in South Africa

what will be the possible outcome of Test series?

• South Africa wins 5-0

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • South Africa wins 4-0, 4-1

• South Africa wins 2-0,3-0,3-1

• South Africa wins 1-0,2-1,3-2

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Drawn 0-0,1-1,2-2

• England wins 1-0,2-1,3-2

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • England wins 2-0,3-0,3-1

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • England wins 4-0, 4-1

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • England wins 5-0

Votes: 3 9.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
lukedapuke said:
Its looks like SA are going to win the series now.

So England win the first test, were on track to win the second test before bad light stopped play, and you think South Africa are easy favourites for the series?

Time for a reality check I feel.

Eng to win 3-1

also, if ntini can hit 16 off 1 over, albeit a pretty crap one, from harmison it couldnt have been that bad(the light that is)

I know it was dark but i dont think they sould have stopped as soon as they did. Another couple of overs would have only been right.

3rd Test Stumps Day 1

South Africa won the toss and elected to bat first

South Africa 1st Inning 247/4 (Smith 74, Kallis 81*) (Giles 2/58)

3rd Test Stumps Day 2

South Africa 1st Inning 441 (Smith 74, Kallis 149, Boje 76) (Flintoff 4/79, Giles 3/105)
England 1st Inning 95/4 (Ntini 2/25)

England trail by 346 runs with 6 wickets remaining in the 1st innings

andrew_nixon said:
Did I miss something?

ya, you missed the 2 days of play... :D ...it was just a typo. Thanks for picking that out

please tell me one thing is Kallis great or is he great no matter what problems SA has been in he always shines , when SA dominated world cricket a few years ago along with Australia Kallis scored tons after tons and now with SA in the worst of form , he still manages to get 100 after 100 , Strauss might be good , but can he do the same as Kallis , can he still succeed to bat as good as he is doing now if England entered the same path as South Africa???

Jacques Kallis is a class act, has been for a long time, and will continue to be. I hope we don't have to find out what Strauss is like if we go through a rough time! :D

3rd Test Stumps Day 3

South Africa 1st Inning 441 (Smith 74, Kallis 149, Boje 76) (Flintoff 4/79, Giles 3/105)
England 1st Inning 163 (Strauss 45)(Langeveldt 5/46, Ntini 4/50)
South Africa 2nd Inning 184/3 (Kallis 60*)

South Africa lead by 462 runs with 7 wickets remaining

Its like Geoffry Boycott said on Supersport , England has come out of jail too many times, but he now feels that they wont , he also said like England is playing now than they wont win a match this year , oh yeah the will win two against Bangladesh thankgod for that!! but against Australia oh save my soul

Yeah, not the best start to 2005 :eek: . But it was a good toss to win for SA and we did bowl at the end of the last Test and then again in this one first up, in hot weather....clutching at straws? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread