England in South Africa

what will be the possible outcome of Test series?

• South Africa wins 5-0

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • South Africa wins 4-0, 4-1

• South Africa wins 2-0,3-0,3-1

• South Africa wins 1-0,2-1,3-2

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Drawn 0-0,1-1,2-2

• England wins 1-0,2-1,3-2

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • England wins 2-0,3-0,3-1

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • England wins 4-0, 4-1

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • England wins 5-0

Votes: 3 9.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Where is that Harmison who I saw against West Indies and New Zealand last year. Only spell I liked of Harmison was 3rd Test day 2 first over of a day to Kallis. Remaining of the series he is still struggling to find line and length. Once he get going I am sure England will give South Africa a tough fight. Maybe who knows they might beat the aussies 5-0 in ashes. :p

we have been unlucky with losing the toss and having to bowl again, but our batting has been disgracefull

so far South africa look in good shape to win the match.

He is indeed. Quite right The_gas, we've not collapsed like this since the 3rd test against the West Indies over there, and luckily for us Graham Thorpe saved us that day. From the bits i've seen on the news, there have been stupid shots, e.g. Flintoff! Vaughan got a good ball, but wasn't brilliant, Geraint Jones probably got the best ball. Couldn't believe it when I turned TalkSPORT on this morning to find South Africa already batting again :eek: Lets just hope we can somehow score some runs in the second innings. We may as well use part timers to Kallis and the bowlers on the other batsman because he's playing so well at the moment. :D

Rangeela said:
Where is that Harmison who I saw against West Indies and New Zealand last year. Only spell I liked of Harmison was 3rd Test day 2 first over of a day to Kallis. Remaining of the series he is still struggling to find line and length. Once he get going I am sure England will give South Africa a tough fight. Maybe who knows they might beat the aussies 5-0 in ashes. :p

Yep, Harmison is struggling atm Rangeela; as you say, he can't find that line and length that was making the likes of Lara, Gayle and Fleming struggle last year. I think it was Atherton who I heard saying thought that Harmy was 'undercooked' going into this series, not enough match practise before the first Test, and consequently has lost some confidence and form. For our sake I hope he gets it back soon!
I agree with Gas and Stevie, our batting was atrocious. Time for our batsmen to stand up and be counted now. A Mike Atherton-type rearguard action needed! Credit must go to SA though; from the brink of 2-0 down in the series they must really fancy their chances of levelling 1-1 now, and with 2 to play, it's up for grabs

You're a funny man Rangeela
:D

Absolutely, cant take anything away from South Africa. Despite the fact the were down 1-0 plus barely lost the 2nd test, they have fought back and now pretty much going to level the series. Kallis has been phenomenal. I would say the series still can go either way.

lol
No. Just pointing out that England have been really unlucky when it comes to the toss and constantly losing it means you always get the worst of the conditions. In addition to that, with back-to-back tests we spent the majority of last week out in the field in temperatures of 30+oC

Michael Vaughan would lose the toss with a double-headed coin :rolleyes: .

lol.
I reckon its another one of those wonderful English traditions, to go with injuries! Nasser Hussain couldn't win a toss to save his life!

Hmm.... South Africa are playing very well...not really. England are just gifting them wickets. Is this the team that'll beat Australia in the Ashes? Or are they just struggling in African conditions? I think that's the beauty of cricket. Apart from Australia, no team plays well in all conditions. Australia had the little problem called India, but now that that's solved they're the top teams.

All the other teams still have their problems, such as England, RSA, NZL in subcontinent and vica versa.

3rd Test Stumps Day 4

South Africa 1st Inning 441 (Smith 74, Kallis 149, Boje 76) (Flintoff 4/79, Giles 3/105)
England 1st Inning 163 (Strauss 45)(Langeveldt 5/46, Ntini 4/50)
South Africa 2nd Inning 222/8 declare (Kallis 66) (SP Jones 2/15)
England 2nd Inning 151/5

England require another 350 runs with 5 wickets remaining

Users who are viewing this thread