England in South Africa

what will be the possible outcome of Test series?

• South Africa wins 5-0

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • South Africa wins 4-0, 4-1

• South Africa wins 2-0,3-0,3-1

• South Africa wins 1-0,2-1,3-2

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Drawn 0-0,1-1,2-2

• England wins 1-0,2-1,3-2

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • England wins 2-0,3-0,3-1

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • England wins 4-0, 4-1

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • England wins 5-0

Votes: 3 9.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
LOL.
Any excuse Squiz :rolleyes:
Anyway! Should Flintoff play as only a batsman if he can't bowl? Bearing in mind that the last time he did, he scored back to back centuries in the Natwest series.

Interesting one, what I don't get is that he only had one test innings and didn't play more tests for Australia. Any Aussie theories on that one?

Not an Australian view, but an English one...

Stuart Law was one of those players born at the wrong time / in the wrong country. He couldn't make it into the Aussie side as there were better batsmen currently performing well in their side. I would imagine (and this is purely going from seeing him play for Essex) he would have been an automatic first choice in almost any other test side.

If he does play for England, will he be another Graeme Hick? - a case of unfortunately 3 or 4 years too late and having to deal with another "future of the game" tag or some such rubbish.

Last edited:
His record speaks for itself, you don't average over 50 in first class cricket by fluke, nor do you score 107 50's and 68 100's by fluke. But it's true he's one of those unlucky one's, born at the wrong time among other things, although he did play over 50 ODI's.

barmyarmy said:
I think it would be a giant step backwards to pick a 36 year old - even for experience.

True, 36 is maybe abit old to be making a International comeback, but remember Martin Bicknell :D

Users who are viewing this thread