England in the 90s

Hick's got 3! 2 in the last over before lunch, sends Sachin back for a duck with the last ball of the session.

I've just had the worst run out... i'll post video.

A crap throw form the outfield was stopped by the slip. The slip threw it to the keeper instead of at the stumps. The keeper took an age to stumble throw the ball into the stumps.

The AI were STILL out.

Obviously I kept it because I just want this hateful tour over.

Emburey and Hick, 12 overs apiece.

Emburey 0-31.
Hick 5-28.

Emburey wishes he was still banned, and I can't believe Hick is dropped in 3 more tests.

AI went from 71/0 after 22 overs to 76/1 after 23 to 134 all out after 55.1

Apart from the run out all to spin - 5 for Hick, 3 for Tuffers, 1 for Athers.

They actually got to 97/1...

Emburey and Hick, 12 overs apiece.

Emburey 0-31.
Hick 5-28.

Emburey wishes he was still banned, and I can't believe Hick is dropped in 3 more tests.

AI went from 71/0 after 22 overs to 76/1 after 23 to 134 all out after 55.1

Apart from the run out all to spin - 5 for Hick, 3 for Tuffers, 1 for Athers.

They actually got to 97/1...
Who comes in for Hick or will it be captain Athers taking on the role as frontline spinner?

Who comes in for Hick or will it be captain Athers taking on the role as frontline spinner?

not sure. I think in the 93 Ashes, which is my next series, both sides play 2 spinners in at least a couple of matches.

Spin overpower + run outs is probably what if anything will stop me playing. At least this is the only sub continent tour - dusty soft pitches and spin is unplayable for either me or AI and when both teams have 3 spinners it’s ridiculous. I’ve gone up to medium and dropped drift for 3rd test but still blew away the AI with spin. Every India batsman has either bronze or silver spin perk.

Putting this here purely because I think Dave will get where I'm coming from. How many times have you sat down to bat and said to yourself "Right, it's a pitch with a tinge of green, cloudy day, we've been put in to bat, so let's see of the new ball and take it from there"

not sure. I think in the 93 Ashes, which is my next series, both sides play 2 spinners in at least a couple of matches.

Spin overpower + run outs is probably what if anything will stop me playing. At least this is the only sub continent tour - dusty soft pitches and spin is unplayable for either me or AI and when both teams have 3 spinners it’s ridiculous. I’ve gone up to medium and dropped drift for 3rd test but still blew away the AI with spin. Every India batsman has either bronze or silver spin perk.
Yeah, I'm really not sure if spin can be fixed purely with sliders when you can bring on lowly rated bowlers and absolutely clean up with them.

Yeah, I'm really not sure if spin can be fixed purely with sliders when you can bring on lowly rated bowlers and absolutely clean up with them.

I think this is ultimately the biggest flaw with the game and, ironically, was a problem with DB14 as well where spin ended up being super overpowered and it just wasn't as satisfying to play as a fast bowler. It is nearly impossible (and I know this because I've bowled a heck of a lot of overs with Essex's pace attack) to get nicks to carry to a WK and slips that are up if you bowl full. They just won't do it. I'm bowling well and I'm getting them but unless it hits the stumps or their pads the catches won't carry.

I think this is ultimately the biggest flaw with the game and, ironically, was a problem with DB14 as well where spin ended up being super overpowered and it just wasn't as satisfying to play as a fast bowler. It is nearly impossible (and I know this because I've bowled a heck of a lot of overs with Essex's pace attack) to get nicks to carry to a WK and slips that are up if you bowl full. They just won't do it. I'm bowling well and I'm getting them but unless it hits the stumps or their pads the catches won't carry.

See I've never had this issue with nicks not carrying, never had to move my slips up either. Really strange.

Users who are viewing this thread