England Lions in India

Well done Alan Richardson, 6-100 from 41 overs in the match.

And it has nothing to do with the fact that Mumbai is in the West at all. :p

Ya,as by my school geographic book it was in west,don't knw abt now.

273 is not quite far enough that the Lions can either win or draw so they'll keep batting but I hope that they try and win when they have enough runs.

If we bat all day tomorrow then gving ourselves 2 days to bowl them out is good enough for me. All the batsmen seem to be going well on this tour apart from Denly.

I tell ya what, Michael Yardy must be in contention for an England test place sooner or later. He's been captain of the Lions, continues to make massive scores in first class cricket, and now in the Lions tours. He's only 27 aswell, and is useful with the ball. He averages just under 40 in FC cricket with 11 hundreds including a top score of 257. He may not have impressed in Odi cricket, but i've never understood his inclusion in the Odi side considering he only averages 19.41 in List A games, hardly international one day form. He definetly has to be in contention if injuries occured, he's been extremely consistent for the Lions. What you reckon ?

We've got a tough middleish order to get into if I'm honest. Cos Owais Shah is still long overdue a run in the side before we bring anyone into the squad from outside, but yeah Yardy has been putting in performances. I'd rather not have him myself just because I don't like how he plays, but if he keeps putting in performances he can't be ignored. I'd see us going with someone younger though.

Aye, Pecking order goes Pietersen, Bell, Colly, Shah, Bopara i expect, Luke Wright's probably in with a better shout than Yardy aswell. Yardy's a massively under-rated player, same for Carberry, he seems to be consistently putting in performances aswell. England definetly have some quality back-up players, judging from this Lions team anyway.

Luke Wright should ne nowhere near the England test team, he has 1 hundred and averages 27. We have so many better batsmen than him like Hildreth, Patel (who imo should be definitely considered for the test side, a handy bowler and averages 47 for 1700 runs and he's only 23 years old, why the selectors don't talk about him is beyond me) or I wouldn't mind giving an oldie a chance back in like Ramps, Smith or Key.

Denly, Carberry, Hildreth, Yardy, Ramprakash and Key would be 6 batsmen that'd definetly be considered before Wright, but you know how the England selectors work; give them a run in the Odi team before giving them a chance in the test side. Shah, Bopara, Anderson, Collingwood, Pietersen, and i'm sure a few more just from the current side. How long until Rashid is considered for international cricket in some form do you reckon ?

I'd take Patel over all of these players now, after noticing his cricinfo page and amazing stats (and the fact he's from leicester!) :D

If Rashid does as well as he's done here I think we could see him soon, maybe in the ashes in 09 if he has a good couple of years. His battings looking good now but if they give him a run in the ODI side he'll do crap like Monty because Yorkshire like to rest him for the list A games and play him in the FC so he's only played 6 games. inexperience will do to him what it did to Monty if they play him ODI's imo

Yardy imo is a very good first class cricket, dependable if you will. His bowling shouldn't be taken into too much consideration, though he did help draw us the Pakistan home ODI series with it, in FC games he's not too effective, handy though a bit like Colly. His batting is good and unlike England batsman of present he gets big scores (though KP tends to go on to big 'uns). Would I like to see him? Maybe, if the chance arose I think he'd be reliable.

England v West Zone Scorecard

England 273/4, Yardy on an impressive 151*. Should we just keep on batting and batting as we only need a draw to get to the final? Or is that too negative?

Not at all negative,thats the way you play cricket...After all all teams are playing for final...:p
Why the hell R POWAR is playing there?they should throw him out...:mad:

Users who are viewing this thread