England tour of India (5 Tests)

Wonder how close it would have been between Bashir/Hartley had Bashir been allowed into the country.
I think Hartley would have got the nod for the first Test on the basis of being a bit quicker through the air, but I do expect Bashir to come into the side for the second Test if they go three spinners again.

A little surprised they've gone Wood as the only seamer but I do think he offers a more dimensions than Robinson and Anderson.
Yeah it's quite insane. I did expect them to do it for the reason you've said, but he's somewhat load limited at about 15 overs per day at most. That leaves you needing at least 40 overs per day from Hartley, Rehan and Rootalitharan and I don't really know if I'd want any of them bowling at Rohit.

I think Hartley would have got the nod for the first Test on the basis of being a bit quicker through the air, but I do expect Bashir to come into the side for the second Test if they go three spinners again.

Yeah it's quite insane. I did expect them to do it for the reason you've said, but he's somewhat load limited at about 15 overs per day at most. That leaves you needing at least 40 overs per day from Hartley, Rehan and Rootalitharan and I don't really know if I'd want any of them bowling at Rohit.
Looking forward to India coming in with three seamers.

Okay, the Bashir issue. Apparently a visa can only be stamped in the country of origin/residence. ECB thought they'd send Bashir to UAE and get it stamped there. That's not the way it works. Hence, he's back in the UK and would get it stamped there.

Got it in England itself! Bashir, from what the Telegraph says, the ECB messed it up.
Mate, the whole England team's applications were made around 10th December. The delays Bashir has experienced aren't normal or reasonable, and are entirely based on his heritage.

Mate, the whole England team's applications were made around 10th December. The delays Bashir has experienced aren't normal or reasonable, and are entirely based on his heritage.
Reasonable seeing as it has been put on paper-People of Pak origin will be scrutinized further.

It’s a bit silly that the bloke with an arrest record is subjected to less scrutiny than a sixteen year old with almost zero ties to the country due to which he’s been delayed.

That’s not reasonable, that’s just institutional and blatant Islamophobia
Hold your horses, this visa issue is not Islamophobia. India has seen Moeen, Imran Tahir, or even Rehan Ahmed in current squad who have been to India or are in India. So blatantly accusing a country to have Islamophobia is not correct.

Pakistani origin people are not the only one following Islam, just saying. This is political more not against a specific religion. Be responsible when accusing someone.

Hold your horses, this visa issue is not Islamophobia. India has seen Moeen, Imran Tahir, or even Rehan Ahmed in current squad who have been to India or are in India. So blatantly accusing a country to have Islamophobia is not correct.

Pakistani origin people are not the only one following Islam, just saying. This is political more not against a specific religion. Be responsible when accusing someone.
Screenshot_20240124-213232.png

Still proves nothing. Being a racist, Islamaphobic or any other phobic is a huge thing to say when Moeen has played in the IPL.

Also conveniently ignoring the fact that Rehan is in the squad.

I am fine with calling it politically motivated but Islamaphobic is not the right one.

My final 2 cents. Cannot change anyones thought process so we can all learn to agree to disagree.

Still proves nothing. Being a racist, Islamaphobic or any other phobic is a huge thing to say when Moeen has played in the IPL.

Also conveniently ignoring the fact that Rehan is in the squad.

I am fine with calling it politically motivated but Islamaphobic is not the right one.

My final 2 cents. Cannot change anyones thought process so we can all learn to agree to disagree.
Rehan had a visa from the World Cup

Users who are viewing this thread