England tour of Pakistan 2024

I don’t see why you would declare under 850 here, to get some real scoreboard pressure.

I can’t believe I’ve just typed that sentence
I've got to be honest I thought it was prepsterous when @icyman suggested it: firstly because it's 850 and secondly because of time in the game.

But it probably makes more sense, even if it takes 850, to only bat once and potentially win.

I've got to be honest I thought it was prepsterous when @icyman suggested it: firstly because it's 850 and secondly because of time in the game.

But it probably makes more sense, even if it takes 850, to only bat once and potentially win.
Yeah. Either Pakistan crumble 3rd inns or they bat it out. There’s not be anything or any time to chase.

Utterly absurd, but I’d be batting at least for 30mins after tea, to keep their batsmen out and tired and guessing, hoping we pick up a few early wickets and get brains scrambled

Yeah. Either Pakistan crumble 3rd inns or they bat it out. There’s not be anything or any time to chase.

Utterly absurd, but I’d be batting at least for 30mins after tea, to keep their batsmen out and tired and guessing, hoping we pick up a few early wickets and get brains scrambled
Yeah, I was thinking that too. Also, when the sun starts going down and (I'm assuming from here in balmy England) the temperature goes down, it has seemed that the new ball does a bit more.

Yes, the jinx definitely set in. A mini-collapse here for England, but that's unlikely to have any bearing on the outcome of the game. With a current lead of 250+, if the bowlers can get a few early blows, it might be curtains for Pakistan.

Users who are viewing this thread