England tour of Pakistan 2024

Say that again when England bat
giphy.gif

Bazid getting it spot on with his commentary. Pakistan don't seem to know what strength to back at home in order to win test matches. Putting up a flat track against a team with some fragility (and only six frontline batters) but one that excels in batting friendly conditions is not it. West Indies and Sri Lanka both pushed England on the pitches that were a friendlier for bowling than some of the tracks we've seen in England in the last couple of years.

Bazid getting it spot on with his commentary. Pakistan don't seem to know what strength to back at home in order to win test matches. Putting up a flat track against a team with some fragility (and only six frontline batters) but one that excels in batting friendly conditions is not it. West Indies and Sri Lanka both pushed England on the pitches that were a friendlier for bowling than some of the tracks we've seen in England in the last couple of years.
I do not think they are putting out these types of pitches intentionally at this point. Pakistan cricket is volatile and reactionary. If they could've changed the pitches after that horrible 2022 home season they would have.

Pakistan doing Pakistan things!

Tbf i always kept off commenting on the pitch for a reason cause I thought it could start to break up especially with the cracks going into day 3/4 and it has done a lot more today than in the previous 3

The correct answer would be proper green decks.

Pakistani domestic cricket is full of 83 mph seamers who'll happily bowl 30 overs a day and seam it about from the first ball to the last

In those conditions, something like:
  1. Abdullah Shafique
  2. Sahibzada Farhan
  3. Mohammad Hurraira
  4. Babar Azam Shan Masood
  5. Saud Shakeel
  6. Mohammad Rizwan :wk:
  7. Salman Agha :c:
  8. Aamer Jamal
  9. Shaheen Afridi
  10. Naseem Shah
  11. Khurram Shahzad
... could work well. The greener tracks should keep workloads down as well, preventing fast bowlers from snapping in half

Last edited:
The ninth time a team has scored 550 in their first innings and lost (first time by an innings). Three of those are against the McCullum-era England side (Pakistan 2, New Zealand 1).

I think it's fair to say this England side isn't the best in the world and not necessarily a great team but they are capable of pulling off some extraodinary results.

Users who are viewing this thread