Story England's Internationals - England v WI - England win series 2-0

Windies lost :( Thats a poor shot to get out at crucial stage! but Windies had a great fight back... Well done Windies ;)

great win for england, a nail bitter, very close in the end

Man of the Match Presentation

Michael Atherton: Hello and welcome to the after-match presentation from this incredible Npower Test Match between the West Indies and England at Trent Bridge. Thanks to a brilliant run chase by the West Indies, the game came down to the 4th morning and the result could have gone either way. In the end thanks to a match 10-fer from Steve Harmison and 3 second-innings wickets by Monty Panesar, England scrapped home. First of all, now, let's have a chat with the losing captain. Mr Brian Lara.

Atherton: Well Brian, your team put up such an effort today. How disappointing is it not to just go 15 runs further and win the match?

Lara: Well Athers, it's very, very disappointing, it would have been fantastic going to Lords with a 1-0 series lead but it is now England that have the lead.

Atherton: Well yes, but personally you did well in that second innings making that excellent half-century.

Lara: Yeah, well I guess however I am bitterly angry at myself for getting out so soon after reaching 50, I feel I let the team down. I should have settled down and aimed for bigger and better things like Ramnaresh did but I'm afraid I gave my wicket away.

Atherton: Well, good luck in the rest of the series Brian and I'll see you at Lords.

Lara: Thank you Athers.

Atherton: Now it's time to hear from the victorious captain of England, Michael Vaughan.

Atherton: Well, Michael, you must be very pleased with your team's performance through the match.

Vaughan: Erm..yeah, Brian and his guys gave us a real tough scare this morning and they were fantastic, but I feel our guys were fantastic, Harmy was amazing and Freddie did well with the bat in both innings. It's so important to take the lead in a 4 game series and so that was crucial this morning, it means we have had a good start to the summer and we can build on that at Lords.

Atherton: How about your own personal batting performance?

Vaughan: Well, I got 2 starts but was very disappointed not to go on to get a big one either time, especially 2nd time round when our batting struggled a but.

Atherton: Ok, so any changes for the 2nd test at Lords?

Vaughan: Well we played well so I dont think so, but I'll have to have a chat with Tom and the selectors.

Atherton: Well thanks for that Michael. Now for the man of the match announcement. Despite fierce competition from Ramnaresh Sarwan, Dwayne Bravo and Andrew Flintoff, the man of the match award goes to Steve Harmison for his match innings figures of 10-151. Please join me up here Steve.

Atherton: You must be delighted with your performance in this test match.

Harmison: Yeah, well obviously it's pleasing, its only my 2nd 10 wicket haul in test match cricket so it is nice. However, I feel this test match was more of a team effort and we needed other guys like Fred and Monty especially when I'm leaking runs like I was a bit in the 2nd innings, they did a great job.

Atherton: Was it nice to have a bit of a break after the Ashes?

Harmison: Well yeah, it was nice not to be playing ODI cricket, and it has refreshed me for the start of this summer.

Atherton: Well thanks Harmy and thanks to viewers at home for watching this test match, we'll be back at Lords and we hope you'll all be watching.

good presentation there,try and guess which i'm talking about ;) very Athers like

Lara said:
however I am bitterly angry at myself for getting out so soon after reaching 50

I am also angry with him to spoil all my hopes on him getting 300 :p ;) Btw a neat and nice presentation ceremony :clap

nice presentation phil

but didn't harmy only take 9 wickets

Nice presentation Phil :clap looking forward to next match Test Match :)

plympilgrim said:
nice presentation phil

but didn't harmy only take 9 wickets
I got it wrong in the match, he actually took 6 in the first and not just 5.

Cheers for the comments guys.

Hoggard ruled out of 2nd Test

Matthew Hoggard will miss the second Npower Test between England and the West Indies after suffering an ankle injury in the West Indians run chase at Lords. It is thought that uncapped Leicestershire bowler Stuart Broad will get his chance to show what he can do. The squad for the 2nd test is announced this coming Sunday ahead of the match which begins in London next Thursday.

Broad: Given his chance to shine

Users who are viewing this thread