Story England's Internationals - England v WI - England win series 2-0

Yeah Sarwan and Bravo are two experienced batsmen...can they pull off something good though? Yeah nice pres Phil :)

Lara has scored more than half of the team score when he departed.. Brilliant innings but i expected a triple ton :D Now more presure on Sarwan!

Fantastic work as always Phil! :)

Stumping chance goes a begging

Having already advanced down the track successfully once, Dwayne Bravo decided to chance his arm again. This time he completely missed the ball and was stranded out of his crease. Chris Read could not react quick enough and Bravo put his bat back in the crease to stay in the middle.

Bravo punishes England by making 50

Dwayne Bravo celebrated a brilliant 7th test 50 at Old Trafford, from 60 balls, making 8 fours and three sixes. 2 of the sixes were against Monty Panesar and 1 was a hook for 6 against the bowling of Andrew Flintoff. He had been the aggressor in an unbeaten 5th wicket partnership between himself and Ramnaresh Sarwan. With Sarwan only on 26 at the other end.

Day 3 - 4:46PM

England 601/7

West Indies 282/4

Sarwan 26 (76)
Bravo 53 (62)

Nice Pres once more but i am not a fan of that text, very hard to read imo. I love the use of the blending of the edges. Very stylish. KUTGW.

Nice Pres once more but i am not a fan of that text, very hard to read imo. I love the use of the blending of the edges. Very stylish. KUTGW.
Cheers, I'll change the text. I wasn't too keen on it tbh, so I'm glad I've got some feedback on it.

Oh.. i expected the other way.. i.e Sarwan going over the bowlers and Bravo supporting :p But it all counts.. Nice fireworks from Bravo with 11 boundaries :hpraise Atlast we can see some domination from Windies batsmen :)

Fantastic works as always Phil! :clap

100 5th Wicket partnership up

Ramnaresh Sarwan and Dwayne Bravo's partnership reached 100 on the evening session of the 3rd days play at Old Trafford. Bravo was the star of the partnership, on a quick 61 not out, while Sarwan was taking his time on 32 not out but in the previous over had hit an outrageous reverse sweep off the bowling of Monty Panesar.

Panesar snares Sarwan

Monty Panesar got his first wicket of the match and a crucial one at that as Ramnaresh Sarwan was dismissed for 44 at Old Trafford. Bowling over the wicket, he bowled a full length, one that Sarwan could only chip to Matthew Hoggard who took a low catch at mid-on. Sarwan's 44 runs came off 102 balls and included 7 fours. Dwayne Bravo was unbeaten on 71 at the other end with Denesh Ramdin his new partner and the West Indies on 322/5. The West Indies needed another 129 runs to avoid the follow on.

Day 3 - 5:22PM

England 601/7

West Indies 322/5 (82 Overs) (Trail by 279 Runs)

Bravo 71 (78)
Ramdin 0 (0)

Last edited:
Bravo is dismissed after wonderful innings

Dwayne Bravo's wonderful innings at Old Trafford came to an end on 72 runs. He chipped a Steve Harmison delivery to mid-on, where initially it looked like it would go over the head of Micheal Vaughan. However, Vaughan managed to take the catch over his head. Bravo's brilliant innings came from 84 deliveries and included 11 fours and 3 big sixes. England were jubilant with the follow on target seeming a long way off for the West Indies, with them on 324/6 and Dave Mohammed joining Denesh Ramdin at the crease.

Day 3 5:40PM

England 601/7 (Vaughan 152, Edwards 4-99)

West Indies 333/6 (87 Overs) (Trail by 268 Runs)

Ramdin 6 (16)
Mohammed 4 (8)

god knock from Bravo, should be enough to secure the draw. Great pres phil

Bravo going at the crucial time.. Its somewhat similar to SA's position in my story.. i,e with 60+runs and 4 wickets in hand to avoid follow on! But with Ramdin and Mohammed here, there are some gud chances for England to enforce the follow-on. Lets see what fight does the lower order put up now :)

Fantastic work as usual Phil :cool:

Great work Phil . Good batting by Bravo . England have a chance to win this match if the pick up the final 3 wickets of WI quickly .

Users who are viewing this thread