Story England's Internationals - England v WI - England win series 2-0

Monty vs Mohammed: Monty wins the battle

Monty Panesar won the battle of the spin bowlers at Old Trafford, as he bowled Dave Mohammed for four. Mohammed played for more spin than was present and the ball hit his offstump. Mohammed's four runs came off 14 balls, and the four that he scored were from a cover drive. The West Indies were in severe danger of being forced to follow-on at 333/7, with number 9 Corey Collymore joining Denesh Ramdin at the crease.

Ramdin nearly throws his partner's wicket away

Denesh Ramdin nearly got his partner Corey Collymore out in the silliest of fashions just before stumps on Day 3. Trying to keep the strike from the strikers end, he ran through for a single, and Corey Collymore's ageing legs just managed to get home before Chris Read could whip the bails off. The TV Umpire was asked but swiftly gave an easy not out decision.

Umpires call Stumps

The two umpires called Stumps on Day 3 at Old Trafford with the West Indies on 339/7. Denesh Ramdin finished the day unbeaten on 9 from 27 balls, with Corey Collymore on 2 not out from the other end. England had not to their maximum during the day, but will still be confident of a win going into day 4's and 5.

End of Day 3

England 601/7 (Vaughan 152, Edwards 4-99)

West Indies 339/7 (Lara 111, Harmison 3-71) (92 Overs) (Trail by 262 Runs)

Ramdin 9 (27)
Collymore 2 (13)

Stay Tuned for The Review of the Day!

WI survived for the day but now England should pick up quick wickets tomorrow morning . Awesome work mate . Waiting for the review of the day :)

DG: Well, after yesterday's weather, its been an enthralling day here at Old Trafford. England are well and truly on top, after the last hour of play. At two points in the West Indies innings so far, it looked like they could pass the follow on target. They still can, but with them being 7 wickets down and needing another 112 to do so, it is unlikely. Now, I've got David Lloyd and Michael Holding with me. David, I'll leave you to talk about today's player of today.

DL: Well, who else but Brian Lara, he was absolutely fantastic in his innings today and showed what he had not done until this point in the series. He was at his attacking best, with the majority of his runs coming through the cover region. It was a real trademark Lara innings, when his team needed it, although he would have been disappointed to get out when he did.

DG: Ok, now Michael Holding, what has been your key moment of the day?

MH: Well David, I think it would have to be the wicket of Ramnaresh Sarwan. The West Indies were quite well placed on 322/4, with Sarwan and Bravo going nicely. They looked like they had a great chance of avoiding the follow on and therefore making the game more likely to end up as a draw. However, Sarwan clipped Panesar to Hoggard at mid-on. This prompted a collapse towards the end of the day, and that leaves England in a good position.

DG: Ok, back to you David, what has been the talking point of the day?

DL: England could have had even more control on this game than they do now, if they had taken two chances. Both fell to Chris Read as he missed two stumpings. One was earlier on in Dwayne Bravo's innings, that miss was costly. The second was just before the close of play to Denesh Ramdin. It is yet to be seen how much that will cost England. Chris Read looks likely to lose his place in the side unless he can improve quickly.

DG: Ok, thanks David, now to Michael Holding, what are the prospects for tomorrow, Day 4?

MH: Well David, if England get the three early wickets they need, then they will look to take a 3-0 series lead to clinch the Wisden Trophy. The key man for the West Indies is Denesh Ramdin, while Monty Panesar will be crucial for England on a Day 4 pitch.

DG: Thank you Michael. Please tune in again tomorrow, for what we are sure will be a cracker of a day.

Nice stuff with review of the day :clap Keep up the great works! Nice chances for England still open.

Great review, you're getting really good now! Not that you weren't before :p also wtf's up with Laras wagon wheel :p

Ramdin and Collymore frustrate England

Denesh Ramdin and Corey Collymore put a halt to the England charge on the 4th morning at Old Trafford. The West Indies moved their score on from 339/7 to 376/7, with good stroke play from both batsmen. Ramdin was on 29 not out from 39 balls, while Collymore was on 14 not out from 31 balls, included one massive straight six from the bowling of Steve Harmison.

50 Partnership brought up by Ramdin

Denesh Ramdin hit 2 cover drive boundaries to bring up 50 in the 8th wicket West Indies partnership, He movwed on to 37 from 51 balls, with the West Indies on 384/7, trailing by 217 runs. Needing 67 more to avoid the follow on, very much a possibililty of Ramdin stayed at the crease.

England finally get 8th wicket

Corey Collymore was dismissed after a excellent cameo innings of 22 from 45 balls. He was dismissed by a Steve Harmison bouncer, as he tried to hook but could only sky it to Matthew Hoggard at mid-off. It was Harmison's 4th wicket and put the West Indies at 401/8. They still trailed by 200 runs, needing 50 more to avoid the follow on, with Jerome Taylor new at the crease. The 8th wicket partnership totalled 78.

Day 4 - 11:43AM

England 601/7 (Vaughan 152, Edwards 4-99)

West Indies 406/8 (Lara 111, Harmison 4-109) (103 Overs) (Trail by 195 Runs)

Ramdin 49 (60)
Taylor 1 (1)

West Indies have avoided the follow on

Last edited:
Great Pres as always, good to see Harmy in the wickets. I reckon England will bat again even if the Windies fall short of the Follow on target

Yeah ace story and i love the review of the day it's amazing and the key moment of the day....Excellent works Phil man!

Great knock from the lower order.. Ramdin.. i didnt expect him to get nice runs.. Gud going windies! :)

Fantastic work as always Phil :clap

England 601/7
West Indies 406/8

Windies trail less than 200 rite? Didn't they clear that follow on margin?

Great work Phil, your presentation is neat, tidy and consistent and you thoroughly deserve your Story of the Month award.

Last edited:
WI have avoided the follow-on . England still have a chance but i think this match will end in a draw.

Users who are viewing this thread