Story England's Journey to WorldCup-Ashes06-07 : 3rd Test (Perth)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a picture on google when you type in Snick. Of course everyone's gunna find it...

Looking forward to the return Gamer :)

England require mammoth 471 runs to win

England finally succeeded in bowling Australia out for the second time in this test match but it hardly matters as Australia have the upper hand in this 1st test match of the 5 match Ashes test series 2006-07. Australian tail did offer some resistance to this England bowling attack as Brett Lee scored vital 18 runs with some support from S.Clark and G.McGrath which took their overall lead to 470 runs.

Brett Lee was scoring those crucial runs from one end and from the other end S.Clark and G.McGrath were trying not to lose their wickets. Stuart Clark who didn't had a good test match till now was lucky to survive on 0 when Cook dropped a catch at short leg. But in the next over Monty got his 5th wicket in the innings by picking up S.Clark at silly point. Monty bowled superbly in his Ashes debut picking up 5 wickets in this innings and doing all the damage from one end.
Five wickets for Monty
163xp6.jpg

A.Flintoff finally picked the last Australian wicket as G.McGrath edged one to 2nd slip where Collingwood took a magnificant catch diving to his right.Australia were bowled out for 369 where captain Ricky Ponting lead his team from the front with a brilliant knock of 159 runs and a fighting half century from M.Hussey. Australia have set a target of 470 runs for England to chase with 5 sessions remaining in the match. This task is not easy by any means but it is not impossible as well. England will have to bat well and it will be interesting to see if they start their innings with an intention to win the match or to save the match.
Australian innings comes to an end by a fantastic catch
164uc6.jpg

Australia's scorecard
159yt9.jpg

England's Bowlingcard
160mw7.jpg

Australia(2nd inn) : 369/10 (95.2 overs) Lead by 470 runs
R.Ponting : 159(231) 20 Fours

England(1st inn) : 318/10 (85 overs)

Australia(1st inn) : 419/10 (107.4 overs)

Last edited:
Well they cant win it from here, thats no problem with it being just the 1st test of 5, however, I still think England could get a draw if they bat very, very well. Thats a reverse of the Strauss catch from 2005!:p Fantastic catch!

Great work GK!

Good work by England to finish off the Australian innings. Now to save the match me thinks...

Great stuff Gamer. Nice comeback

Considering England's first innings total, I don't see any chance for them in this chase. Best thing they can do, finish off this and refresh themselves and get ready for the next fresh battle against the home team.

I said Monty would destroy the Aussies ;) This will be very difficult for England unless theres rain or some miracles! Great stuff gamer, good to see you back.

Screw the draw guys, go for the win! Send Monty and Hoggard out first, they'll get the run-rate going.

Good 5-fer from Monty here, very well bowled. But 400+ is going to be way to hard. How many days have they got?

I can see the english lads hanging on here, for atleast the draw.

I think England will have to bat well to save this teast match. When you aresaving the pressure's different. With the like of Mcgrath and Lee it will b mighty difficult to save the match.

Sky Sports Predicta Contest
59nw6.jpg

1. Which bowler will get maximum wickets in this innings ?
a. S.Harmison
b. M.Hoggard
c. A.Flintoff
d. M.Panesar(5 wickets)

e. Others

Correct Prediction by Treva,OrderDX,PhilD123,Karachi Xpress,Feelin Blue?,Gilly Fan,THE BARMY ARMY,Roofrom50,!x!Culli!x!,Brett_Lee

Predicta winners are awarded with reputation points. :)

(Note: Stu and Brett Lee will be given reps later as i have given too many reps in last 24 hrs)

Australia's scorecard
159yt9.jpg

How do you get the australian flag image in the scorecard as it is,
did you MAKE the flag(sign)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread