Story England's Journey to WorldCup-Ashes06-07 : 3rd Test (Perth)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Australia's scorecard
159yt9.jpg

How do you get the australian flag image in the scorecard as it is,
did you MAKE the flag(sign)

Well first u have to cut the logo, place on the scorecard and then decrease its opacity. Try it i am sure u will get a good result as well :)

Argh! Gamer! Do the winners get neg reps? I got a bloody neg rep gamer! Argh!!!

:eek::eek: I didn't give neg rep to anyone :noway trust me . There might be some problem or i might have clicked 'I disapprove' bymistakely before giving the reputation. I am sorry for my mistake :upray please forgive me .

Requesting mods to please change Sean's neg to positive .

EDIT : Is there any other case with neg reps given yesterday ?

Requesting mods to please change Sean's neg to positive .

Being in forums for a long time, I thought, you would be knowing that, its better to PM mods/admins regarding the reps issue. Always the postings regarding reps would be better if avoided.

Anyways, i will raise the request for Sean's issue to Syl/Colin. Next time, do PM rather than discussing in thread. Thank you. :)

Shaky start for England

Chasing a mammoth total of 471 runs, openers A.Strauss and A.Cook came out to the middle to face the strong Australian bowling attack. A.Strauss batted well in the 1st innings scoring 81 runs but then threw his wicket away when it mattered the most while A.Cook who was trapped in front of the stumps by G.McGrath for just 9 runs will be looking to play a good knock and give his side some hope of chasing this huge total.

Strauss and Cook to open the innings
165ym6.jpg

166dh6.jpg

Right from the start of the innings both the openers faced few problems with this aggressive Australian bowling attack. Lee and McGrath shared the new ball and were right on the spot from the start. Lee was bowling aggressively and was constantly reaching 150kmph and was making life difficult for the English batsmen out there. Strauss was in some pain when he was hit on the elbow by a quick bouncer from Lee but he didn't give up and was ready to face the next delivery. McGrath was troubling both the openers with his consistency in pitching the ball in the right areas and kept the batsmen guessing all the time. Cook managed to edge one to 2nd slip but he survived as Martyn dropped a straight forward catch. Martyn was in some pain after that drop catch and went off the field with a bruised thumb. Not the right start which England were looking for but still he have 13 runs on the board and both this openers will have to give a good start to their team.
Shaky start
172hq2.jpg

But Lee got his reward for bowling well with the new ball as Strauss managed to edge one at 3rd slip where Ponting took a good low catch. Australia got their 1st wicket in the form of A.Strauss who scored just 5 runs.
Lee strikes early
173wt2.jpg

Strauss departs
174xx5.jpg

Vaughan takes guard
167zh7.jpg

With just 13 runs on the board England captain M.Vaughan was out in the middle and is in a similar situation at that in the 1st innings.A.Cook is looking positive in his shot selection and has moved on to 27 with 4 boundaries while Vaughan is playing cautiously and has 8 runs to his name.England have scored 45 runs in 19 overs and with just 12 overs to go before tea, we might see Shane Warne bowling from one end.

England(2nd inn) : 45/1 (19 overs) Target:471
A.Cook : 27*(68) 4 Fours
M.Vaughan : 8*(22) 1 Four

Australia(2nd inn) : 369/10 (95.2 overs)

England(1st inn) : 318/10 (85 overs)

Australia(1st inn) : 419/10 (107.4 overs)

Last edited:
Predictions regarding Aussies are no doubt, turning out to be true. :) Aussies are very much comfortable to get this one. ;) keep up the great works!

Predictions regarding Aussies are no doubt, turning out to be true. :) Aussies are very much comfortable to get this one. ;) keep up the great works!

Yeah your predictions are perfect my dear friend.:) Already 1 wicket down and still Warne to bowl, i am still thinking whether to chase the total or to save the match.:what Also with Tutsi's AI, Warne will be difficult to bat against on day 4 and 5. Are you using the same AI patch ?

Last edited:
If Cookycan carry on the way he is going, all we need is someone to stay there with him and we'll be in with a shout :D

Strauss batting realisticly then. Hopefully Vaughan and Cook can build a big partnership.

Really good work mate, your story and Suren's look so alike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread