Story England's Journey to WorldCup-Ashes06-07 : 3rd Test (Perth)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As expected a shaky start by Eng. Aussies are favourites to win this one:happy.
Strauss will be a ;)warne's bunny i predict.

I doubt England can win from here...but it maybe a bit tooo early. We shall wait and see. ;) Superb works Gamer! Keep up the supeb works!

England started well making almost 50 with just the loss of 1 wicket. Warne will be a factor but it should get easier as the innings progresses...

I think England should justy try and save the match, but that still will probably be to hard.

Great pres mate!

It's going to be very difficult now, we really needed a big opening partnership. This partnership now has gotta be big, with at least one hundred from one of these two. The money's gotta be on the Aussies.

Great work Gamer!

Too big of a target for England to chase down. Australia should win this one.

Even playing to save the match will be impossible. I say SA for an easy win!

Yeah mate its Aus v Eng ;), it happens sometimes while typing:). btw updates coming up today and Aussies will be happy to know that Shane Warne is introduced into the attack;)

No not typing! Just me trying to catch up with to many threads at once and getting confused! I probably posted a reply for your thread in some other thread!:p

Cook reaches 50 after Vaughan departs

After the wicket of A.Strauss, both Cook and Vaughan were concentrating hard at each and every delivery perhaps planning not to lose further wickets in the day which might ease a bit of pressure off them on the final day. Vaughan was batting nicely and was looking more confident than the 1st innings but a lapse in concentration after the drinks break cost Vaughan his wicket. Vaughan came down the wicket to a flighted delivery from Warne but he only managed to york himself and see his stumps disturbed giving Warne his 1st wicket in this innings.

Vaughan's wicket
180af1.jpg

Vaughan departs
175da1.jpg

Ian Bell takes guard
168lj0.jpg

I.Bell,who was on a pair in this innings,was very defensive after he came out to bat before tea but from the other end A.Cook was scoring some runs and kept the scoreboard ticking. He was very watchful in this innings and allowed the ball to come on to the bat, playing as late as possible. Cook smashed Lee for two boundaries off an over after which Lee gave a long hard stare to Cook. Those couple of boundaries of Lee's over took Cook to his fourth half century in test matches and his first in this Ashes series.
A.Cook with a positive approach
181ce4.jpg

Half century for A.Cook
182ac8.jpg

Just before the tea break, M.Clarke bowled a beauty which bounced more than expected and appeared that A.Cook nicked a catch to A.Gilchrist but umpire Billy Bowden was not interested at that one. Aussies were not happy at Billy's decision and later the snickometer confirmed the nick and now thats the 2nd time in the match Billy gave a wrong decision.
Cook survives on 53 : Animated Snickometer
190bs9.gif

At the tea break, England have scored 88 runs for the loss of 2 wickets which includes opener A.Strauss and skipper M.Vaughan. A.Cook is batting nicely on 55 and I.Bell who has faced just 26 balls has scored 8 runs

England's scorecard
189sv6.jpg

Australia's bowling card
191yy2.jpg

England(2nd inn) : 88/2 (31 overs) Target:471
A.Cook : 55*(105) 7 Fours

Australia(2nd inn) : 369/10 (95.2 overs)

England(1st inn) : 318/10 (85 overs)

Australia(1st inn) : 419/10 (107.4 overs)

Last edited:
1 wrong decision for both sides. But I think the Hayden one was a lot more costly! England in a good position. If these two can stay at the crease until the end of the day's play then England have a good chance of saving the match...

Good old Cooky, I still reckon he'll score the most test runs ever :p Come on lads we're about 17% there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread