Story England's Journey to WorldCup-Ashes06-07 : 3rd Test (Perth)

Status
Not open for further replies.
SriLanka In Commanding Position 278/6 in 50 overs

Some good display of hard hitting at the end of the innings got SriLanka in a commanding position in the match as they got 64 runs in the final 10 overs of the innings .K.Sangakara remained not out till the end as his scored 107 in 137 balls with 13 fours . SriLanka got to a good score of 278/6 in their 50 overs and are mos favourable to win this match as it will be difficult to bat in the 2nd innings . England need 279 in 50 overs at a run rate of 5.58 rpo.

Srilanka played well right from the start but they need some really good batting in the end to get the score past 260 . Chapple and Dalrymple completed there spells and were economical and also got 1 wicket each . Then A.Strauss decided to give the ball to the fast bowlers at the end of the innings . S.Mahmood was bowling well but Arnold was playing nicely and was getting 1's and 2's . Sangakara was also going along nicely in his 80's . S.Harmison was brought in the attack and SriLankan batsmen went after his bowling . They were trying to get boundaries almost on each ball which forced the bowler to make some error and gave some runs in byes and extras.
England fielders were trying their level best to save the boundaries and Cook and Collingwood were diving and sliding in the field and giving their 100 % to stop the flow of the boundaries.
Harmison in his 2nd spell :
796tm.jpg

R.Arnold was playing well and was getting 1's and giving the strike back to K.Sangakara who was playing in the 90's . Arnold was looking confident and got himself adjusted to the wicket . It was looking as if both the batsmen were going to blast in the end and will get a huge total on the board. Sangakara was on 93 when he tried to play a square cut to S.Harmison but there was a definite nick and all the players were appealing for caught behind. All of them were confident about the edge but the umpire said turned that one down. Harmison was very much disappointed as it was big wicket and also there was definite sound that the ball just nicked the bat . Harmison was waiting for the snickometer on the big screen .Snickometer confirmed that there a slight inside edge.
Big Appeal for caugt behind :
805ui.jpg

Animated Snickometer:
(Till the animation loads read Note 2 at the bottom of the post )
snicko9an.gif

Meanwhile K.Sangakara was on 98 and was looking for his century . S.Mahmood overpitched one outside the offstump and Sangakara played that one throught the covers for 4 and brought up his 100 in style .Crowd were enjoying this moment and were giving a huge round of applause for his magnificant century in difficult conditions .Truely well deserved.
Sangakara reached his century in 131 balls.
K.Sangakara's century :
810uw.jpg

Soon after K.Sangakara's century Harmison got another wicket as R.Arnold wa bowled by a delivery whick kept very low and Arnold misjudged it and left it alone. This were the signs of the ball keeping low and in the 2nd innings it will be every difficult for England to bat . Arnold scored 13 runs in 19 balls with just 1 four . Hawkeye shows that the ball was pitched short and kept low whick jut got the top of the off stump.
R.Arnold's wicket:
827wi.jpg

Animated Hawkeye :
(Till the animation loads read Note 2 at the bottom of the post )
heye17jz.gif

C.Vaas was the new man in and with only 2 overs left in the innings he was hoping to get maximum runs possible . S.Mahmood bowled one on the pads of Vaas and was smashed for 4 . Next ball he came around the wicket and picthed the ball upto the batsman. Vaas missed that one completely and it struck on his pads and there was huge appeal but the umpire turned that one down .Hawkeye confirmed that it was hitting him outside the line of offstump.
Next ball Vaas went for a big on on the leg side and connected that handsomely for 6. This was the 1st six in SriLankan innings. Next ball Vaas once again went for the big one this time he got a top edge and it was a simple catch to L.Plunkett.
Vass in the last 2 overs:
833mu.jpg

LBW appeal(DARTFISH + REDZONE):
hawkeyecopy113si.jpg

SriLankan played till the 50 overs and got a good winning score on the board of 278 and England will find it difficult to chase on this wicket.
The Scorecard:
843yk.jpg

Bowling card:
866ep.jpg

Partnership Graphs :
855en.jpg

SriLanka : 278/6 (50 overs)

K.Sangakara : 107*(137) 13 Fours
T.Dilshan : 47(67) 3 Fours
M.Jayawardena : 24(19) 5 Fours

S.Mahmood :10-0-56-2
S.Harmison : 9-0-62-2
G.Chapple : 10-0-47-1

England Require 279 from 50 overs at a run rate of 5.56 rpo.

Note 1: If the animation takes too much time the right click on the image and click view image then i will work properly.

Note 2 :Coming up All New Third Man's Chat with in-depth analysis and all new Sky Sports Technology. Predicta contest winners will be declared in the Third Man's Chat .........Stay Tuned.

Last edited:
Brilliant animations, yay, I was right in predicta contest

Nice update there gamerkid

Continuing to be the best on planetcricket

brett_Lee

Great Batting by Sri Lankan's Yes!!! Very hard total for England. Lets see how England bats ;)! And great snickometer animation and very very good presentation!

saurabh2185 said:
Continue with the animation stuff.:)

I have a suggestion you can make animated hawkeye version of fall of wickets at the end of the each inning.

gamerkid22 said:
ok this time i will make a total animation of fall of wickets :cheers ...... hawkeye will be there for lbw ,bowled and some lovely bowling and not for cathes .I will use dartfish for catches and make a complete animated fall of wickets :cheers

So is FOW coming or not ?

saurabh2185 said:
So is FOW coming or not ?

ya its coming out .....in Third Man's Chat....but will take time coz i have college tomorrow ..... also thats why i told that this time there will be all new Third Man's Chat .....check out last line of my updates. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread