Story England's Journey to WorldCup-Ashes06-07 : 3rd Test (Perth)

Status
Not open for further replies.
can't wait till the match starts but westindies are gonna win this easy...

The Toss

Zimbabwe have won the toss and elected to field .​

davidgower4hm.jpg
David Gower: Michael Atherton is there on the pitch with the two captains for the toss.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ath5yd.jpg
M.Atherton : Thank You David ......B.Lara has the coin ...Utseya call Heads ...and it came down as heads .....Zimbabwe have won the toss. Zimbabwe's new captain P.Utseya has won the toss and you are looking bit relaxed now and what are going to do bat or bowl?
utseyacj3.jpg

P.Utseya Certainly relaxed . We will bowl first .The conditions are hot and humid and so fast bowlers are likely to get some movement early on and some cracks on the wicket as well so there will be some bounce and also spin on this track . .
ath5yd.jpg
M.Atherton : How many spinners are you playing with ?

utseyacj3.jpg

P.Utseya I will certainly bowl and from the other end i will give S Matsikenyeri the ball . He is a good spin bowler and spins the bowl well . We have to keep the line and length right and hoping that we get the WestIndian side all out inside the 50 overs .
ath5yd.jpg
M.Atherton : Well good luck for the match .
utseyacj3.jpg

P.Utseya: Thank You.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
ath5yd.jpg
M.Atherton : Well Lara disappointed by losing the toss ?
larado7.jpg

B.Lara : Not much as this pitch has something in for both the bowlers and the batsmen. The outfield is quick and certainly it will be a big run scorer . The openers will have to play well early on considering the movement of the ball and then it will be easy for us to score in the end. The pitch has some cracks as well helpful for our spinners . Gayle will certainly bowl and Sarwan might come in the play as well .

ath5yd.jpg

M.Atherton :What about your team? playing with the full strength ?
larado7.jpg

B.Lara: Yes we are playing with full strength as the player will get used to the Indian conditions quickly and then it will be helpful for us in the gropu stages.
ath5yd.jpg
M.Atherton : Well good luck for the match Brian.
larado7.jpg

B.Lara: Thank you very much.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ath5yd.jpg
M.Atherton: Back to you David
davidgower4hm.jpg
David Gower: Well the news from the center is that Zimbabwe have won the toss and elected to field first. Lets take a look at the teams.
The Teams

teams1jh2.jpg

WestIndies are playing with full strength and we can expect some fireworks from the West Indian bowlers early on . Zimbabwe's side is too inexperienced and are surely going to face a tough time.

Thats it from the The Third Man's Chat .We will take short break when we come back we will take you to straight to the first ball of the match

Stay Tuned.................

Zim fielding first :) ah then we can expect some fireworks from Windies batsmen ;)

Lara and Gayle centuries, Zimbabwe haven't got a chance :D

Looking forward to some more great work Gamer! Waiting for the next update.

Lara century helped West Indies go past 300, but he got the score single handedly as wickets felt at regular intervals on the other end .

West Indies got a good match winning total on the board 317/9 in their 50 overs and are certainly in the drivers seat . B.Lara single handedly got the score past 300 as he scored a quickfire 147* off 126 balls with 17 boundaries and 4 massive sixes. Other West Indies batsmen didn't survive for long as there was no one who could stay for a long time with Lara and build up a big partnership with him .
Lets take a look at the positive and negetive aspects from the West Indies innings.

Positive Aspects :

+ B.Lara scored a quickfire century 147*(126) 17 fours 4 sixes.
+ West Indies scored 317 on a 270-280 wicket.
+ West Indies certainly have victory in the bag.
+ For Zimbabwe the medium pace bowlers bowled well.
+ 90 run partnership for the 5th wicket between Lara and Morton.

Negetive Aspects :
- All the batsmen except Lara failed to score a 50 .
- The other batsmen never went on to score even after getting a start.
- Zimbabwe bowled too many extras.
- D.Bravo was brought up the order but he was struggling to score runs .
- Spinners were too expensive on spin friendly pitch.
- D.Smith went for a duck.

West Indies started confidently with both Gayle and Chanderpaul playing confident strokes getting a boundary each. Everything seemed to be ok but there was a feeling that now Gayle will shift up a gear and then get on with as he moved in double figures.
Good Confident Start for the openers :
37gm8.jpg

Soon West Indies start became shaky as they lost both the openers quickly as Zimbabwe got two back to back wickets . 1st to go was Gayle who went for an upish drive but it went straight in the hands of the fielder . Gayle scored just 13 runs . Next to go was S.Chanderpaul trapped LBW by H.Rinki . Umpire had no hesitation to give that out but when seen in the replay with the red zone it clearly showed that the ball pitched outside the legstump and was also going away from the legstump and missing it . That was a poor decision by the umpire but West Indian captain B.Lara was out in the middle .
W.I. lost both the openers :
38ht9.jpg

B.Lara was playing very well and was playing his natural game. He was very watchful and was putting the bad ball away for four . The way he was playing seemed like he is going to score a big one . he made a breezy 50 with four boundaries . Soon West Indies reached their 100 inside 20 overs . Lara made full use of the powerplays and was hitting timely boundaries and was getting the run rate just around 6 rpo.
Lara's breezy half century :
41zq8.jpg

But luck was not going West Indies way . With Lara playing well on one end ...wickets were falling at regular intervals on the other end . R.Sarwan got into double figures and then went down the track to hit one past the bowler but he completely missed that and was bowled by the Zimbabwian captain P.Utseya . D.Bravo was brought up the order but he was struggling to score runs . He was frustrated as he was not getting any runs and then he tried to score with a big one but completely misstimed and gave a simple catch to Strydom off the bowling of K.Meth. R.Morton showed good partnership with Lara . 90 runs for the 5th wicket and it looked like both are going to play till the end and will take West Indies to a big score of over 330 as the run rate was above 6 rpo. But soon he tried the same way as Bravo did and went for a big one and was caught safely.
Wickets kept on falling on the other end :
39wb1.jpg

Lara was looking unstopable as he went after the bowlers . He was in aggressive hitting more and then when the spinners came to bowl he just smashed them all over the place . Lara went on to score his century in style . He smashed 4 sixes in his innings of 100 runs . This was a real confident boost for W.I. byt wickets were still tumbiling only Lara was sailing the ship alone .
Lara's Sixes bringing up his century :
44ch3.jpg

Wickets were tunbling and there was no one to support Lara from the other end . W.I. looked like they are going to get bowled out inside 50 overs bu Zim .D.Smith was brilliantly caught in the midwicket by Sibanda for a duck . Soon C. Baugh followed him as he tried for a slog but found a fielder on the ropes . Ian Bradshaw was ran out from a direct hit from the mid-on fielder.
Quick wickets for Zim in the end :
40ti1.jpg

Lara was still there for the last wicket and then he just went on smashing to each and every part of the ground and fortunately for him J.taylore survived till the 50 overs and W.I. magaged to post a big total of 317 runs . Lara survived a stumping chance in the end as he just managed to get back in time.Lara remained not out till the end scoring a quickfire 147 off 126 ball with 11 fours and 4 sixes .
Stumping Chance :
runoutgl1.gif

Lara's Innings :
36kt6.jpg

Scorecard :
43ey1.jpg

Bowling Card :
42fs3.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome as always Gamerkid :D

I especially liked the animation, but also the wallpaper thing for Lara's innings is great!

Keep up the good work :D!!!

Last edited:
manee said:
I am going to make a slideshow like my last one of this match, is that OK.

Great work as always

Manee

yes i was going to request i ur thread ...wait i want the video in a different style ...see ur thread i a posting a request .

Mesmorising as always Gamer. As ususal, keep up your phenomonal level of presentation.

Good stuff Gamer buddy. The animation was good. A brilliantly layed out report. Look forward to the Zimbabwe innings. :D

I am rooting for West Indies. Once again, great work gamer! Keep up the great work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread