Story England's New Start

ENGLAND WORLD CUP SQUAD ANNOUNCED. -10/3

Iloveireland has decided to announce the squad today. He left his birthday party today so he could pick the squad. It is a very different squad to previous squads and there are a fair few major changes. Some England fans and players have got very angry due to the fact that 9/15 of the players are from Lancashire compared to 4/15 in the previous squad and calls of favourtism accusations are ripe.

SQUAD:

Iloveireland- LANCASHIRE
K. Pietersen- HAMPSHIRE
F. Seccombe- LANCASHIRE
M. Trescothick- SOMERSET
A. Cook- ESSEX
I. Bell- WARWICKSHIRE
McPinch- LANCASHIRE
Scion_Sid- LANCASHIRE
Navin- LANCASHIRE
CricketMadDude- LANCASHIRE
Amodh- LANCASHIRE
Dr. Pepper- LANCASHIRE
Highlander999- LANCASHIRE

J. Lewis- GLOUCHERSHIRE
M. Munday- SOMERSET

Iloveireland defended the team saying he 'knew the boys' and that they were good team players.​

Last edited:
Yeh sorry bats but in ICC3. Bowlers suck and bats are easy to find so squads will have loads of bowlers, perticularly spinners

M. Seccombe- LANCASHIRE

need to change initial from M to F at the begining

awesome work tho and very happy to be in teh side....although Lancashire will be very weak

Last edited:
12 Man Squad Picked For First Match

Iloveireland decided the 12 man squad for the first game in the World Cup against New Zealand in no perticular order is:

• Navin
  • A. Cook
  • M. Trescothick
  • Scion_Sid
  • Iloveireland (c)
  • K. P.
  • F. Seccombe
  • McPinch
  • Amodh
  • J Lewis
  • Dr. Pepper
  • Cricketmaddude

In other news. Iloveireland has decided to pick the International VC on performance as well as leadership.

Last edited:
We should bat and make 350 atleast. Then bowl them out for 50. Good gameplan.

McPinch cha cha cha McPinch cha cha cha seeing as im the only keeper picked i expect to be playing :p

You might need to bowl as well sometimes :p

I think with Law and Murli in our side and me and Chapple alos having calm heads our club will touch glorious heights.

Definitely there is not going to be a problem ;) We will crush the opponents in style is what I believe in. :p

THE OPENING MATCH

NEW ZEALAND V ENGLAND- 16/3

Richie: England captain decided to experiment with his new team and picked this as the team for the first match for England of the tournament:

2002938971528250173_rs.jpg

The media were very critical some of the stars didnt make the line-up but Iloveireland re-assured them they could win this match with this team. I aint so sure, what do you think Mark??

Mark Nicholas: I dont know either Richie, England are a good side at Test and were struggling as it is but playing a new team with almost no international experience is a no-no from me.

Richie: Now lets look at some stats:

2002913305646246786_rs.jpg

Mark: Now those batting stats really say it all, look at the inexperience there.

2002924948850795375_rs.jpg

Richie: Now looking at those bowling stats it just shows how under-rated New Zealand really are. They are a great bowling team with players like Vettori and Bond.

Mark: I totally agree Richie. New Zealand are a great team from such a small nation. Anyway, we'll now cross to Slats who is with Iloveireland.

Slats: Thanks boys, here I am with Iloveireland who is debut coach and captain.

Iloveireland: Hello Slats

Slats: So Iloveireland, are you excited to be playing for England??

Iloveireland: Yes, yes I am. It should be great.

Slats: You have chosen an odd team. Do you think you will win??

Iloveireland: I wouldn't have picked it if I didnt.

Slats: Oh... of course. Now I will have a talk to Daniel Vettori the New Zealand captain.

Vettori: Hey Slats.

Slats: What do you think of Englands 'unusual' team choice.

Vettori: It seems that they think we are bunnies which is not the case and we will play as hard as we can and slaughter this under-manned, over-rated cocky team.

Slats: Ok, thanks Vettori. Now we are crossing to Tony Greig and Ian Healey who are at the pitch.

Tony: Yes here we are. Well looking at the pitch, it is a bit bouncey so it will bring some help to the fast bowlers, there is hardly any spin at all in it so its poor for the spinners. Looking around the ground the outfield is ok, average and the light is good. Should be a great game and if I was captain, I'd definately bat first.

Ian: Yes it is a great batting pitch but if the fast bowlers get it in the right areas, they will be rewarded. We now cross to Slats who is with the captains and the match referee.

Referee: Heads or Tails Iloveireland??

Iloveireland: Heads

Referee: Heads it is. Bat or bowl Iloveireland??

Iloveireland: We'll bat.

Slats: So there we are. Things are to get underway!!

Last edited:
England got off to a great start with 8 runs off the first over. There were a few close plays and misses in the first 7 overs and near the end of the 7th over New Zealand finally got themselves a wicket. M. Trescothick clean bowled for 25 of 26 balls. FOW: 1/39

2004673638911661971_rs.jpg

Pietersen came in and left. He got 6 off 6 and England we off to a horrible start. Hopefully the captain who was in next could lift the team. FOW: 2/49

2004678818765215231_rs.jpg

At the fifteen over mark we were 2/61 and scoring at 4.1 an over.

Iloveireland and A. Cook put on a 50 run partnership and not long after Cook got his half century. Thanks cookey, keep it up!! It took him about 75 balls

2004660606156358062_rs.jpg

New Zealand we losing control of the match with Iloveireland and Cook taking control and spitting in the faces of their critics.

After thirty overs we were 2/ 142

After 35 overs with lots of wickets in hand ENG decided to go very agressive.

The skip made his 50 soon off 86 balls.

2004626340743868827_rs.jpg

Cook made his 100 with yet another boundary. The English fans went off. They knew how important it was.

2004646085965285151_rs.jpg

We lost Iloveireland for 72 after he was clean bowled by a great delivery. Its ok though because Cook and him had put us in a great position in the match

2004696835472036794_rs.jpg

F. Seccombe came to the crease to join Cook.

With five overs to go we were 3/242.

So at the end of our 50 overs we were 3/285 which is good after the start we had.

END OF INNINGS SCREENIES:

2004643073339241194_rs.jpg

2004658497865733736_rs.jpg

2004637254414398088_rs.jpg

2004634538154460447_rs.jpg

Richie: Well Mark, they started off bad but Iloveireland's and Cook's innings were marvelous and F. Seccombes last minute smashing was outstanding. Well done England. They are a good position.

Mark: Oh yes Richie. They are surprising me and the Kiwis. They need to bowl well though, with the batting line-up of New Zealands quality, you can always lose.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread