English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What he did was almost a metaphor. Him moving away from the team showed weakness and worked on two different levels. It was the time when his young team really needed their leader to stand up and show responsibility, instead he sulked.

You're over-analysing it, Phil. He's given his reasons and I'm pretty sure he has a good idea why he did it.

PhilD123 said:
I'm sorry, I didn't know ave-it.net was such a reliable source, I'm worried for you if you need to go on a website like that to find songs.

I haven't heard a lot of them sung at either the old or new library.

If your fans are so creative, why are they making up songs like that pathetic Alex Hleb one and then everyone else saying how magnificent it is.

I guess I should recall them all off by heart because, obviously, you can.

What's wrong with the Alex Hleb chant? It's a bloody chant! We're not trying to win a grammy here! We're just showing our support by chanting his name.

I suppose all Manure chants are bursting with imagination:

Ooh-ahh Cantona
I said ooh-ahh Cantona

There's only one David Beckham
There's only one David Beeeckham.

And the classic

Keane-o
Keane-o
Keane-o
Keane-o

You're over-analysing it, Phil. He's given his reasons and I'm pretty sure he has a good idea why he did it.
Then it would have been nice for him to come out and say. Anyway, lets forget about Gallas, as I'm not too bothered and it'll harm Arsenal in the long run.

Well as a fan, I'd have thought you might have known one or two.

What's wrong with the Alex Hleb chant? It's a bloody chant! We're not trying to win a grammy here! We're just showing our support by chanting his name.
Because a chant like that is made for someone who is the big man in the team, the main man and it's a complete rip off of our Georgie Best song.

Ooh-ahh Cantona
I said ooh-ahh Cantona

And the classic

Keane-o
Keane-o
Keane-o
Keane-o
Leeds made the Cantona one. And we have another one about him...

We'll sing-a-sing-a-sing
For Eric the king, the king, the king
He's the leader of our football team
And he's the greatest French footballer
That the world has ever seen

We have the other one about Keane as I showed.

Seriously though, I respect the Ars-en-al, Ars-en-al, Ars-en-al chants, they're massive like citeh.

Will, by any chance do you chant "Easy" when you go to watch Arsenal and they're winning.:p

Last edited:
Although we do have the best chants, pretty much everyone has got a song! We just have loads of people who ruin them by either not singing them, singing the wrong words or singing the wrong tune :p

So glad we've got Silvestre and Foster back from injury too, we'll have a full squad for the end of the season, seems like all of Fergies masterplans are falling into place, if only Manucho had got a work permit, oh well as long as Saha stays fit we'll be alright but then again the odds of Saha staying fit must be about as long as Liverpool winning the league.

Yay we won. One more win and 12 points off Arsenal ;) :P

Screamer from Fabio, even though he is rubbish. Gerrard and Babel did the business today. Riise :laugh

I suppose all Manure chants are bursting with imagination:

Ooh-ahh Cantona
I said ooh-ahh Cantona

That was the Leeds Cantona chant. The one we used put a Cantona theme on the last bit of the French National Anthem!

Arsenal were bloody jammy with that equaliser yesterday! Still, we're only one point behind now.

I have to laugh at Arsene Wenger: 'Man Utd may be the people's favourites for the title, but my favourites are Arsenal'! Well, duh! You're their manager, of course you're going to say that!

Norwich lost 2-1 to Blackpool yesterday, I was there, we were crap, they didn't let anything go, chased everything and deserved to win.

Random but does anyone here follow beach football only I really need some help.

All i know is, that Eric Cantona has played some :p

Nice win for L'pool, we got lucky in the first half. Bolton missed many great chances but Liverpool were on the ball in the second half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread