English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah and we're still only 1 point behind you. You've drew 8 times, not exactly champions material.

As I've just said, I dont hate Arsenal and thought that on an internet forum I would be able to state my thoughts about the title race and one of the teams involved in it.

Why are you getting so bothered about it?

Yeah and we're still only 1 point behind you. You've drew 8 times, not exactly champions material.

As I said, it bares no relevance. I'd rather draw 8 times and top the league than win a few more and be second.

PhilD123 said:
As I've just said, I dont hate Arsenal and thought that on an internet forum I would be able to state my thoughts about the title race and one of the teams involved in it.

Why are you getting so bothered about it?

Why shouldn't I? If I don't like what's being said about my club, I'll say something which is why I hate Chelsea fans who are quiet until Chelsea win something.

I could ask you the same question about your reaction to Wenger's interviews.

Why shouldn't I? If I don't like what's being said about my club
That shouldn't be the attitude and its certainly not the attitude of United and our fans. We'll respond on the pitch and Fergie will fire us up with the siege mentality, but Arsenal crack and get wound up like you have done. It's so scouse its untrue, it really is. I was talking about football, if you dont like the idea that Arsenal are not nailed on to win the league, which is what I was saying, then go support Lyon and you've got a league title every year.

I dont get wound up by Wenger's comments, I just lose respect for him, or whatever respect is left and it makes him look a really bad loser and loses class that a manager of his quality should have.

That shouldn't be the attitude and its certainly not the attitude of United and our fans. We'll respond on the pitch and Fergie will fire us up with the siege mentality, but Arsenal crack and get wound up like you have done. It's so scouse its untrue, it really is. I was talking about football, if you dont like the idea that Arsenal are not nailed on to win the league, which is what I was saying, then go support Lyon and you've got a league title every year.

It's quite obvious that you've gone beyond that. You've called us cheats, petulant, cry-babies and attacked our captain and Manager. I don't care if you say we won't win the league becasue you're in your right to. Are you seriously saying Man U and their fans don't speak out?

PhilD123 said:
I dont get wound up by Wenger's comments, I just lose respect for him, or whatever respect is left and it makes him look a really bad loser and loses class that a manager of his quality should have.

http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/showpost.php?p=990810&postcount=2262

http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/showpost.php?p=984938&postcount=401 (3rd Paragraph)

http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/showpost.php?p=998354&postcount=2349

Don't get wound up, Phil?

It's quite obvious that you've gone beyond that. You've called us cheats, petulant, cry-babies and attacked our captain and Manager. I don't care if you say we won't win the league becasue you're in your right to. Are you seriously saying Man U and their fans don't speak out?
They are all things which I feel true. Your supporters should be attacking your captain after what he did last week, how he got away with that was an outrage. If it had happened at United then he would have been stripped of the captaincy. The behaviour was condoned by Wenger. We dont get so wound up by people's opinions, and we dont crack like Arsenal do, we just want to go on and win on the pitch and do our talking that way. I love Fergie's mind games, and they're starting to creep in this season, I dont think they've gone unnoticed at the new library, it wouldn't be the first time its been a factor. Its incredible and funny how your getting so annoyed over my football opinions.

A) I cant believe you spent the time finding a post from 2 weeks ago.

B) No, I'm not wound up. I just dont understand him and find him hypocritical. I'm not angry about it like you obviously are with my football opinions. Some of the things he's said even you as an Arsenal fan can't see as serious. Such as not seeing the incident for which Eboue got sent off at Old Trafford. The dugouts are raised just so managers can get a better view of the game and it was at that side of the pitch.

Bertie Mee said to Matt Busby,
Have you heard of the north bank, highbury
No said Matt, "You cockney twat",
But I've heard of the stretford-enders!​

Sorry, just felt like it.:p Don't get too offended Will.

I got given Sir Matts autograph today, if it didn't have my great auntys photo on the front it'd be worth a few quid too.

They are all things which I feel true. Your supporters should be attacking your captain after what he did last week, how he got away with that was an outrage. If it had happened at United then he would have been stripped of the captaincy. The behaviour was condoned by Wenger. We dont get so wound up by people's opinions, and we dont crack like Arsenal do, we just want to go on and win on the pitch and do our talking that way. I love Fergie's mind games, and they're starting to creep in this season, I dont think they've gone unnoticed at the new library, it wouldn't be the first time its been a factor. Its incredible and funny how your getting so annoyed over my football opinions.

I don't see how I can argue with facts so I'm left to debate opinions...

What you don't understand is that Gallas is our club captain and we can't just be stripped of a leader. Especially, an experienced one in a young team. He must have got a harsh word in private but I am pissed that he hasn't made a formal apology over his completely unacceptable and pathetic actions.

I don't believe for one second that Man U's skipper would be stripped of his captaincy for that incident.

PhilD123 said:
A) I cant believe you spent the time finding a post from 2 weeks ago.

All I did was search for posts made by PhilD123 with Arsenal as the keywords. You'll be amazed how many times you mentioned Wenger or 'Mr Haribo's name this month.

PhilD123 said:
B) No, I'm not wound up. I just dont understand him and find him hypocritical. I'm not angry about it like you obviously are with my football opinions. Some of the things he's said even you as an Arsenal fan can't see as serious. Such as not seeing the incident for which Eboue got sent off at Old Trafford. The dugouts are raised just so managers can get a better view of the game and it was at that side of the pitch.

I don't find his opinions anymore ludicrous than Alex Ferguson's but you write them off as mind games.

PhilD123[CENTER said:
Bertie Mee said to Matt Busby,
Have you heard of the north bank, highbury
No said Matt, "You cockney twat",
But I've heard of the stretford-enders![/CENTER]

Sorry, just felt like it.:p Don't get too offended Will.

I don't really understand it. Mancunians and Geography...

I don't see how I can argue with facts so I'm left to debate opinions......
Why argue at all then? You've just admitted that you have to argue.

What you don't understand is that Gallas is our club captain and we can't just be stripped of a leader. Especially, an experienced one in a young team. He must have got a harsh word in private but I am pissed that he hasn't made a formal apology over his completely unacceptable and pathetic actions.

I don't believe for one second that Man U's skipper would be stripped of his captaincy for that incident.
I actually wouldn't want a leader like Gallas, who showed himself to be sulky and childish. And I dont think someone like that is a good leader at all. What kind of example is it to the younger lads? If you can imagine Fergie putting up with that, then you really need to think again, look at what he's done to Beckham, Ruud and then Keane when they've even shown the hint of sulking. Keane actually is a prime example, a great leader and captain, none of the sulking that Gallas showed, but he put a foot out of line and was kicked into boot.

All I did was search for posts made by PhilD123 with Arsenal as the keywords. You'll be amazed how many times you mentioned Wenger or 'Mr Haribo's name this month.
Can't be that many, as there's only been 23 hours of the month:p. It's just a nickname, nice to see you're using it:p.

I don't really understand it. Mancunians and Geography...
I know, United fans have absolutely no imagination. Its such a shame when Arsenal have so many classics:

Ars-en-al, Ars-en-al, Ars-en-al...

And its Arsenal, the greatest football team, the world has ever seen.

Adebayoor, adebayoor, give him the ball, and he will score

There's only one Arsene Wenger, one Arsene Wenger.

Quality chants, and ones that took inspiration and time from top gunners no doubt.

I saw an Arsenal forum this week, and they were trying to think up songs:p. One of them that everyone thought was magnificent went like this:

Number one is Alex Hleb
Number two is Alex Hleb
Number three is Alex Hleb...

Georgie Best anyone?

Last edited:
Why argue at all then? You've just admitted that you have to argue.
No, I haven't. I've admitted that you can't argue against facts e.g. you can't deny that we've won 19 PL games this season. It's a fact.

PhilD123 said:
I actually wouldn't want a leader like Gallas, who showed himself to be sulky and childish. And I dont think someone like that is a good leader at all. What kind of example is it to the younger lads? If you can imagine Fergie putting up with that, then you really need to think again, look at what he's done to Beckham, Ruud and then Keane when they've even shown the hint of sulking. Keane actually is a prime example, a great leader and captain, none of the sulking that Gallas showed, but he put a foot out of line and was kicked into boot.

Gallas has done a very good job as captain so I'll at least give him a chance. If it continues, that's another story.

Beckham left because Alex Ferguson kicked a boot in his face. Ferguson's fault.
Ruud left becasue he was mistreated by Ferguson but I'll asdmit that Ferguson didn't take any crap from him and let him go.
Keane already wanted to leave. Gallas didn't make a direct attack on the club.

PhilD123 said:
Can't be that many, as there's only been 23 hours of the month:p. It's just a nickname:p.

What are you talking about? It's a rollover leap year so there are 2 extra days...

PhilD123 said:
I know, United fans have absolutely no imagination. Its such a shame when Arsenal have so many classics:

Ars-en-al, Ars-en-al, Ars-en-al...

And its Arsenal, the greatest football team, the world has ever seen.

Adebayoor, adebayoor, give him the ball, and he will score

There's only one Arsene Wenger, one Arsene Wenger.

Quality chants, and ones that took inspiration and time from top gunners no doubt.

I saw an Arsenal forum this week, and they were trying to think up songs:p. One of them that everyone thought was magnificent went like this:

Number one is Alex Hleb
Number two is Alex Hleb
Number three is Alex Hleb...

Georgie Best anyone?

At least we didn't try to steal YNWA ;) http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...all.html?in_article_id=492829&in_page_id=1779

No, I haven't. I've admitted that you can't argue against facts e.g. you can't deny that we've won 19 PL games this season. It's a fact.
Yeah, its not so amazing as United have won 20.:D

Gallas has done a very good job as captain so I'll at least give him a chance. If it continues, that's another story.

Beckham left because Alex Ferguson kicked a boot in his face. Ferguson's fault.
Ruud left becasue he was mistreated by Ferguson but I'll asdmit that Ferguson didn't take any crap from him and let him go.
Keane already wanted to leave. Gallas didn't make a direct attack on the club..
He did a really great job last week didn't he? There's no room for sentiment at this time of the season.

Nope, Beckham actually wanted to stay, but Fergie got rid of him because he made a meal out of that incident and went out in public emphasising the stitch. Ruud was left out of the league cup final, then while the rest of the team was celebrating, he ran down the tunnel in a sulk. Unacceptable behaviour, just like Gallas' and Fergie kicked him out for it. Keane didn't want to go at that point, Fergie kicked him out cos he had a demoralising effect on the other players who he was criticising. I think that Gallas' actions must have had an effect on the younger Arsenal players last week.

What are you talking about? It's a rollover leap year so there are 2 extra days...
I didn't post about Wenger yesterday, and its the first day of March, which is a month, today:p.

Where does it say that we tried to steal it? It just says that we sung it before them, we're not trying to get it as our anthem our anything like that. The only time I would sing that tune is with alternative lyrics about unemployment in liverpool.

Seriously though, thats a poor argument, your chants are pathetic and have no imagination, just like the fans.

We have a whole programme of brilliant chants...

The Anderson Agadoo song
Vida's song
Ronaldo's song
Park's song
Rooney's song
Spurs and ours Adebayor chant
Some of the ones we've got about citeh
Some of the ones we've got about the dippers
some of the ones we've got about arsenal
Some of the ones we've got about leeds

Yeah, its not so amazing as United have won 20.:D

He did a really great job last week didn't he? There's no room for sentiment at this time of the season.

No, of course, we should forget everything he's done because of that one incident. Forget the way he's led us or the goal he got against Man U.

PhilD123 said:
Nope, Beckham actually wanted to stay, but Fergie got rid of him because he made a meal out of that incident and went out in public emphasising the stitch. Ruud was left out of the league cup final, then while the rest of the team was celebrating, he ran down the tunnel in a sulk. Unacceptable behaviour, just like Gallas' and Fergie kicked him out for it. Keane didn't want to go at that point, Fergie kicked him out cos he had a demoralising effect on the other players who he was criticising. I think that Gallas' actions must have had an effect on the younger Arsenal players last week.

Ruud sulked because he was out of favour. Obviously, he was expendable. Gallas hasn't criticised anyone.

PhilD123 said:
Where does it say that we tried to steal it? It just says that we sung it before them, we're not trying to get it as our anthem our anything like that. The only time I would sing that tune is with alternative lyrics about unemployment in liverpool.

Seriously though, thats a poor argument, your chants are pathetic and have no imagination, just like the fans.
Now, that's pathetic.

http://www.ave-it.net/arsenal chants.htm

And look at the songs I posted in the Football Songs and Chants thread.

Gallas hasn't criticised anyone.
Actions speak louder than words.

I see you missed replying to my comment about United winning 20.

Now, that's pathetic.

http://www.ave-it.net/arsenal chants.htm

And look at the songs I posted in the Football Songs and Chants thread.
And how many times are those songs heard at the new library? I certainly haven't heard them much.

Matt, whats the Agbonlahor song?

I wasn't going to, but what the hell, I'm gonna go through some United ones. I dont have to find them off a website.

Saw my mate, the other day
he said to me, he'd seen the white pele
so i asked, who is he
he goes by the name of wayne rooney
wayne rooney, wayne rooney
he goes by the name of wayne rooney

Anderson, son son
He is better than Kleberson
Anderson, son son
He is our midfield magician
To the left, to the right,
Do the samba beat tonight
He is class, with the brass
And he shits on Fabregas

(That sounded amazing today, with the last line, slow and loud)

He plays on the left,
He plays on the righttttt
That boy Ronaldo
Makes England look shite

Nemanja, woah
Nemanja, woah
He came from Serbia,
He'll *f* murder ya!

Park, Park, wherever you maybe
You eat dogs in your own country
You could be worse, you could be scouse
Eating rats in their council house

This is how it feels to be citeh
This is how it feels to be small
This is how it feels when your team wins nothing at all, nothing at all

In 76, now this is true
A trophy was won by a team in blue
Its been a long time, since that day
So we'll sing them a song, they *f* hate,
32 years, 32 years, 32 years...

We are the pride of all europe
the cock of the north
we hate the scousers, and cockneys of course (and leeds)
we'll kill any ********s* who get in our way,
we are the manchester boys, la la la la

Viera, woah
viera, woah,
He gave giggsy the ball
and arsenal won *f* all

Diego, woah
Diego, woah
He came from uruguay
And made the scousers cry

Follow, follow, we are the busby boys
follow, follow, we are the busby boys
and if you are a citeh fan
surrender or you'll die
we all follow united

The Council House
The Council House
is never full
is never full
unless you're playing Man Utd
The Council House is never full

Keano, he's magic
he wears a magic hat
and when he saw old trafford
he said I fancy that
he didn't sign for Arsenal
or Blackburn cos they're shite
He signed for Man United cos we're *f* dynamite

Forever and ever
We'll follow the lads
Man United, the busby babes

Manchester, Manchester United
Bunch of bouncing busby babes
They deserve to be knighted
If they're playing in your town
Get yourself to that football ground
Take a lesson and you will see
Football taught by Matt Busby

I might have gone over the top, but anyone comparing Arsenal's fans to be anywhere near United's needs to learn about football.

Actions speak louder than words.

And what did Gallas's actions represent? Did they mean he was calling the youngsters ****? I doubt it. Did they mean he resented the manager for mistreating him? I doubt it. He's already explained his actions.

PhilD123 said:
I see you missed replying to my comment about United winning 20.

What should I have said? You completely missed the point. My point was that you can't argue facts i.e. you can't deny that Arsenal have won 19 PL games. I wasn't comparing performances so I have no idea why you chose to bring up the fact that Man U had won 20 when I had already ackonwledged it. Any reason to brag I guess.

PhilD123 said:
I might have gone over the top, but anyone comparing Arsenal's fans to be anywhere near United's needs to learn about football.

Again, you have completely missed the point. I was not comparing chants, I was proving that we did have creative chants and, if you had bothered to do any research, you would have realised.

And what did Gallas's actions represent? Did they mean he was calling the youngsters ****? I doubt it. Did they mean he resented the manager for mistreating him? I doubt it. He's already explained his actions.
What he did was almost a metaphor. Him moving away from the team showed weakness and worked on two different levels. It was the time when his young team really needed their leader to stand up and show responsibility, instead he sulked.

Again, you have completely missed the point. I was not comparing chants, I was proving that we did have creative chants and, if you had bothered to do any research, you would have realised.
I'm sorry, I didn't know ave-it.net was such a reliable source, I'm worried for you if you need to go on a website like that to find songs.

I haven't heard a lot of them sung at either the old or new library.

If your fans are so creative, why are they making up songs like that pathetic Alex Hleb one and then everyone else saying how magnificent it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread