English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually going unbeaten in the Premier League is a massive achievement.
Tell me where I said it isn't? I just think the treble is bigger, we regained our title from Arsenal from the previous season, and it was a thrilling battle for the league between United and Arsenal. I actually dont think 9 years is that long ago to be honest. We've got a history, and we're proud to show it, we've also got a current day, and we show that too.

Will, we've never come close again? You've never come close, ever!:p

Meh ;)

One day, we'll win the Charity Shield, FA Cup and Carling Cup all in one season and then we'll see who hasn't done the treble!

thats the domestic treble we couldve won the quindruple if we beat aesehole and spuds

Wahey!:D:D City losing 2-0 to Everton. About time the Bitters got brought down to earth. I've only seen about 15 minutes of it, so can't really say who's been the better side, but both goals have been well worked.

We have absolutely slaughtered them and you'll never hear me be that positive about Everton.

I have a horrible feeling about this second half. Bloody City.

I hate having to check the results for teams like Derby, Reading and Fulham but I have to. I can seriously see us going down this season. We're shaping up very much like the Leed's side that went down a few years ago.

GG; please take that sig out. I can't bear to look at it and you're obviously not sincere about the comment.

We have played tough opposition I suppose. Got a few winnable games in the coming weeks.

Yep, you're on a bad run of form at the moment. But, and I know its a dangerous cliche to use, you're too good to go down, I think you'll avoid it comfortably in the end. However, I said it when he came, and I'll say it again, I don't think Keegan's the man.

I wasn't going to log on today, but then thought I had to in order to get something off my chest.

William Gallas is quite possibly the biggest disgrace of a club captain I have ever seen.

I know a lot of Arsenal fans and they insist he hasn't gone down in their estimation but I'm struggling to get my head around that. If Rio or Ryan Giggs did that for United (which I know they wouldn't) I would be calling for their heads.

How old is Gallas? Late 20s? Why act like a spoilt brat then? I wonder whether those Arsenal fans I know would feel different had the penalty been saved and then put in on the rebound by an unmarked player.

Now on to his little protest at the end. PATHETIC!

I Hope he gets dumped as captain and jeered by his own fans. If there's any justice in the world he will.

Other thing I notice is United are now back favourites for the title after the weekend. Wheels are falling off at the Emirates.

Last edited:
I wasn't going to log on today, but then thought I had to in order to get something off my chest.

William Gallas is quite possibly the biggest disgrace of a club captain I have ever seen.

I know a lot of Arsenal fans and they insist he hasn't gone down in their estimation but I'm struggling to get my head around that. If Rio or Ryan Giggs did that for United (which I know they wouldn't) I would be calling for their heads.

How old is Gallas? Late 20s? Why act like a spoilt brat then? I wonder whether those Arsenal fans I know would feel different had the penalty been saved and then put in on the rebound by an unmarked player.

Now on to his little protest at the end. PATHETIC!

I Hope he gets dumped as captain and jeered by his own fans. If there's any justice in the world he will.

Other thing I notice is United are now back favourites for the title after the weekend. Wheels are falling off at the Emirates.
I agree fully with the whole of the post.

The first part about Gallas, well I better not say too much, because I'll be accused of having a vendetta against Arsenal, but basically yeah, if that had happened at United, there would have been heads rolling. Ferguson, nor the fans would have settled for that behaviour.

Yep, the second point about United being favourites for the title now is true as well. 3 games without a win for Arsenal now. I said it at the weekend, but if we now go on to win the league, I think Saturday was the turning point. More specifically, Gallas sulking around the pitch at the end of the match, it showed a separation between the captain and the rest of the team, and it showed that I think Arsenal might have cracked.

I don't care about Gallas or the title race, suck on Jolean please Liverpool. You and City can eat my dust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread