English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
How Oba Martins doesn't start is such a facking mystery to me...

LAWL OMGZZ PWNZOWRD!

That's a bad thing, that means mroe away games than usual.

You might as well go 3 up front - Smith, Martins and Owen

They have a much tougher run in than any of the others flirting with relegation.

Good result for Coventry today :) Good 1-0 win against Norwich and a fairly decent performance.
Mifsud needs to find form again and we need to just keep picking up points, I think we will be OK though this season.

Norwich also had 2 players sent off in the same game for the second time this season. Gary Docherty for 2 yellow cards, Daryl Russell got the same on his first game back from a 3 game suspension!

There were some terrible tactics from the start, both Jamie Cureton and Ched Evans on the bench, Juan Velasco was crap too, he made a lot of mistakes and was probably at fault for the goal. There were 2 tactical substitutions from us in the first half an hour!

It is difficult to see why Coventry are so far down the table though, they have a really great midfield and forward line. Michael Doyle did well, Michael Mifsud has been a bit of a revelation knocking in the goals, Jay Tabb is a workman it seems. You just need to get a better goalkeeper! As a Norwich fan, I can tell you Andy Marshall isn't very good.

I thought the idea was to select your first XI before the game?!?! Roeder totally lost it. He showed total inexperience. Norwich were shockingly bad and Coventry were amazingly good, we outclassed Norwich yesterday, and Norwich just couldn't handle Jay Tabb.

And all this Andy Marshalll 'Judas' rubbish, its ridiculous! Dion Dublin went to Villa from us and we still think hes a legend, Andy Marshall is one of the best keepers in the league, and showed it yesterday with some vital saves. And all these Norwich fans who say David Marshall is the best, are sadly deluded.

And also, Ched Evans and Jamie Cureton did hardly anything when they came on anyway, Cureton had one half decent shot saved, but that was about it. And as for the two Norwich players ent off, how stupid do you get? They were both on yellow cards and they put in a stupid challenge like that? Norwich looked like they were in a relegation battle, not us.

Thats 2 great performances from Coventry (Norwich, QPR) we only got 1 point against QPR, but we should have scored 3 or 4. Looks like Coleman has properly turned a corner with us.

Guys, check out my story! Even vote in March SOTM if you like ;)

http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=40556

Discrete advertising :p

Last edited:
2 Good win for both of my teams yesterday ( Southport & Liverpool) Yet another Tony Gray Hat-trick putting us back in the playoff spots. Liverpool did well against a Poor Newcastle team- the Daily Mail said it all - Torres Little Toe is more dangerous then all off Micheal Owens Body

I thought the idea was to select your first XI before the game?!?! Roeder totally lost it. He showed total inexperience. Norwich were shockingly bad and Coventry were amazingly good, we outclassed Norwich yesterday, and Norwich just couldn't handle Jay Tabb.

And all this Andy Marshalll 'Judas' rubbish, its ridiculous! Dion Dublin went to Villa from us and we still think hes a legend, Andy Marshall is one of the best keepers in the league, and showed it yesterday with some vital saves. And all these Norwich fans who say David Marshall is the best, are sadly deluded.

And also, Ched Evans and Jamie Cureton did hardly anything when they came on anyway, Cureton had one half decent shot saved, but that was about it. And as for the two Norwich players ent off, how stupid do you get? They were both on yellow cards and they put in a stupid challenge like that? Norwich looked like they were in a relegation battle, not us.

Thats 2 great performances from Coventry (Norwich, QPR) we only got 1 point against QPR, but we should have scored 3 or 4. Looks like Coleman has properly turned a corner with us.

Guys, check out my story! Even vote in March SOTM if you like ;)

http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=40556

Discrete advertising :p

The tactics baffled everyone, it did indeed show inexperience from an experienced manager.

I can't remember any Norwich fan saying David Marshall is the best, he certainly isn't, but he is a solid goalkeeper. Andy Marshall has many flaws in his technique, just a few weeks ago he made a terrible mess of the pass back in the FA Cup against West Bromwich!

Norwich very rarely play well, we get a win now and again, but it's all edge of the seat stuff.

The tactics baffled everyone, it did indeed show inexperience from an experienced manager.

I can't remember any Norwich fan saying David Marshall is the best, he certainly isn't, but he is a solid goalkeeper. Andy Marshall has many flaws in his technique, just a few weeks ago he made a terrible mess of the pass back in the FA Cup against West Bromwich!

Norwich very rarely play well, we get a win now and again, but it's all edge of the seat stuff.

Yesterday, on BBC 606, lods of Norwich fans said that David Marshall was the best in the league ;). And that mess he made of the backpass, was like his first proper mistake in a Coventry shirt. He is a great shot stopper above most things, and is very confident on the ball, thats why he was so cool when he passed the ball straight to Bednar for the goal :p

Yesterday, on BBC 606, lods of Norwich fans said that David Marshall was the best in the league ;). And that mess he made of the backpass, was like his first proper mistake in a Coventry shirt. He is a great shot stopper above most things, and is very confident on the ball, thats why he was so cool when he passed the ball straight to Bednar for the goal :p

Well, I didn't listen to 606, BBC Radio Norfolk have their own phone-in, Canary Call, and most of the callers on that are quite down to earth and in some cases downright pessimistic!

I would certainly say David Marshall is one of the best keepers in the league, definitely not the best. There are so many good keepers in the Championship though.

I have nothing but bad memories of Andy Marshall at Norwich however!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread