English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've set up a Championship thread if anyone wants to take a look, its got the league table, results, and latest chat ;)

This pitch is breaking apart everytime the ball comes near it.

**** me, we're making it difficult for ourselves.

We have no choice but to win both Head-to-heads and hope Liverpool at least hold Man U.

It was never going to be easy Wigan settlig for a point and having a very disciplined back four as well a poor pitch.

At least we have VP back.

well adabeyor for me should have scored in the first minute after start and than should have chipped kirkland first minute after restart...also fabregas had quite a decent chance where he hit it staright at kirkland when he could have just pulled it across for players running from the back...overall a pretty flat performance by arsenal and wigan defended well and in the later parts looked dangerous on the counter...arsenal really need to start getting some wins now...that 3 draws in a row in the league...if manure win there next game they are ahead...

Wooooooo :D :D

Thats why I wanted Arsenal to win in Milan. It really is in our hands, wellit was anyway but beating Arsenal was always going to be tough even if we do have home advantage so now we can afford to draw that game. Having said that both of us will drop points between now and then, hopefully we'll beat the scousers but could be tough, hopefully we'll hammer Derby, scrape past Bolton 1-0 whilst Liverpool go into the game having knocked out Inter.

I'm not completely surprised that both us and Arsenal slipped up this weekend, the amount of times I've seen it happen after a European night is unbelievable. But it's in our hands now, we win our game in hand and we go top! It's still going to be a great run-in to the title though...

Derby is a Goal Difference game.

Yep, a total shooting gallery!

Last edited:
I hope this is the kick up the backside we need.

We know the Chelsea, Liverpool and Man U games are as important as ever.

Adebayor and VP up front now.

Its still so close despite Arsenal dropping a few points in the last few games. The games against each other will be even more vital than in previous seasons, Arsenal need to win one of their 2 away games though. I wouldn't write off Chelski, but under Grant they haven't really performed in the big games. I'm glad we didnt have yesterday's type of game in a league game, I mean where nothing goes for us, but yeah, games like that and Arsenals today, always seem to happen after a European week. The pitch was poor at the JJB, but to be champions, you've got to win under tough conditions.

ARSENAL .............................ARSENAL WOULD WIN

Arsenal till I die,
I'm Arsenal till I die
I know I am,
I'm sure I am,
I'm Arsenal till i die...

We can play the football game,
And we can play it right.
While there's still a minute left,
We'll not give up the fight,
When we go marching on Wembley.

March on, march on!
The boys from Emirates.
March on, march on!
March on to victory.

The Gunners colours on the Cup,
Is what we're gonna see,
When we go marching on Wembley!

We all follow the Arsenal,
Over land and sea,
We all follow the Arsenal,
Onto victory!

That's in the wrong section, should be in 'songs and chants'. Anyway, it's inaccurate, because you're going to lose the race for the title!! :p

Manucho scored on his debut yesterday, we need him! What a quality player :D Don't know how they found him but they did!

Wonder if Flamini will sign a new contract, you'd think he would because he's a class player, who they really shouldn't be letting go. Probably doesn't get enough credit because he's playing with Fabregas but from what I've seen Fabregas is a much better player with him in the side. Saw him being linked with Milan though, but why would he want to go there, apart from Kaka and Pato they're all about too retire!

I can't believe I was ready for him to leave at the start of the season. He played most of last season at LB but in his favourite spot, he's been a revelation.

He has looked more solid than Gilberto and definitely a lot more mobile.

That's in the wrong section, should be in 'songs and chants'. Anyway, it's inaccurate, because you're going to lose the race for the title!! :p
And they're not going to Wembley!:p

Yeah Flamini has done well this season, he gives Fabregas the freedom, he's maybe another player who's benefited without the presence of Henry in the team. Gilberto by accounts of the radio commentary didn't have a great game yesterday, and he hasn't looked great when I've seen him this season.

Yep, we really could have done with Manucho now, as we need a striker that can finish going into the end of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread