English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well done Newcastle, a great performance at Old Trafford.

Chelsea were quite simply brilliant today. No doubt the football Abramovich wants.

Coloccin and Gutierez are class. As for the refereeing at Old Trafford, well that's not so class. Nice to know that the opposition still aren't allowed to be given a penalty at Old Trafford.

And you have to admit, Chelsea looked absolutely awesome today.

evertonfan added 2 Minutes and 57 Seconds later...

And Stu for the life of me I can't remember what WUM stands for. Also, I have no credit left. :p

Chelsea did look awesome today. Ballack's pass for Cole was just pure class.

And Coloccini is rubbish. Trust me. Well atleast he was in La Liga where he was getting outrun by random people.

And Coloccini is rubbish. Trust me. Well atleast he was in La Liga where he was getting outrun by random people.

You're probably right, but I can only judge him on today's performance and he was solid today.

I'm glad I placed my annual tenner champions bet on Chelsea this year. I haven't seen them play that well for quite some time. United looked a bit stale but they do have Ronaldo, Nani and maybe Berbatov to come.

But with only one game played no one can jump to any conclusions yet. I'm giving goal of the weekend to David Dunne. Quality switch onto his right foot and a beautiful finish past Howard. Awesome goal. Deco's was good as well but David James made a meal out of something he should have savesl; a great way to celebrate his England call up.

Oh yeah and unlucky Bojinov. I honestly believe he sustained his new injury because his legs can't cope with his weight. He's as fat as anything.

Nice to know that the opposition still aren't allowed to be given a penalty at Old Trafford.
Where was the pen?

Wind Up Mergent.
Merchant*:p But :D for use of the term WUM, need to get more of that, YHIHF, MOTWYW and perhaps even KHITC around here:p.

Disappointing but credit to Newcastle they didnt just come and sit back. Thought Guiterezz (sp?) was very good and although there were a few minor mistakes, Colocinni looked very solid (no og's stu;).

Anyway, onto United. Too slow, no urgency, and no firepower whatsoever up front. Rooney nowhere near match fit, the jury is still out on Campbell, and he Carrick and Giggs are now injured anyway. It wouldn't have been such a bad result, had our next three games not been away to portsmouth, the scousers and chelsea.

Hope Fergie is wumming the press by saying our squad is strong enough, it quite clearly isn't, Saha breaks his leg standing up, and Tevez and Rooney could easily get an injury. Be it Berbatov, Huntelaar or Santa Cruz, we need to get a striker in.

What on earth was that "more goals please" nike advert about ? Utterly embarrassing for United, didnt hold mine up, its bad enough they are plastered around the stadium along with AIG, never mind helping them advertise by putting a mosaic up. Cringeworthy. New seats this year and atmosphere was a lot better than old seats in the first half, standing up for the majority and more people singing.

Gonna be fair to Newcastle fans here, I said to Stu in the week that they'd not taken their full allocation but to be fair to them, the bits they didn't take were £50!:eek::mad: How can matches be worth £14 than 4 years ago!? They sung throughout the game, they did nick the "Fergie is right..." one off ciddy though, and came out with the usual crap about "we support our local team", but still fairplay to them.

Another thing, why is everyone, everywhere backing Chelsea to win the league (talking before today), we are European champions for a reason. Oh and City:D.

United are still gonna beat Liverpool. Their new left back's hilarious.

And about the penalty, Newcastle should have had one just before they scored when Vidic uppended that Guti fella. But nevertheless, i'm sure the Toon are happy with a draw.

And Yakubu's obese. He was so slow and fat yesterday.

United are still gonna beat Liverpool. Their new left back's hilarious.
Haven't you heard its their year.;)

And about the penalty, Newcastle should have had one just before they scored when Vidic uppended that Guti fella. But nevertheless, i'm sure the Toon are happy with a draw.
Hmmm, that was a bit innocuous really, six of one and half a dozen of the other.

Last edited:
Well todays draw suggest that we need a striker and Berbatov is the right man . We need to spend cash on him and we need to get him before the start of the next match . Well Campbell was good . Why do opposition keeper have brilliant days when thy play against United at OT . Given was superb and on some other day United could have gone 4 up . Well yeah we still have Ronaldo , Hargreaves , Nani , Tevez and Anderson to come in . It was just the first game of the season .

Chelsea looked classic today but doubt they would be playing the same football for all remaining games .

Where was the pen?

Merchant*:p But :D for use of the term WUM, need to get more of that, YHIHF, MOTWYW and perhaps even KHITC around here:p.

Disappointing but credit to Newcastle they didnt just come and sit back. Thought Guiterezz (sp?) was very good and although there were a few minor mistakes, Colocinni looked very solid (no og's stu;).

Anyway, onto United. Too slow, no urgency, and no firepower whatsoever up front. Rooney nowhere near match fit, the jury is still out on Campbell, and he Carrick and Giggs are now injured anyway. It wouldn't have been such a bad result, had our next three games not been away to portsmouth, the scousers and chelsea.

Hope Fergie is wumming the press by saying our squad is strong enough, it quite clearly isn't, Saha breaks his leg standing up, and Tevez and Rooney could easily get an injury. Be it Berbatov, Huntelaar or Santa Cruz, we need to get a striker in.

What on earth was that "more goals please" nike advert about ? Utterly embarrassing for United, didnt hold mine up, its bad enough they are plastered around the stadium along with AIG, never mind helping them advertise by putting a mosaic up. Cringeworthy. New seats this year and atmosphere was a lot better than old seats in the first half, standing up for the majority and more people singing.

Gonna be fair to Newcastle fans here, I said to Stu in the week that they'd not taken their full allocation but to be fair to them, the bits they didn't take were ?50!:eek::mad: How can matches be worth ?14 than 4 years ago!? They sung throughout the game, they did nick the "Fergie is right..." one off ciddy though, and came out with the usual crap about "we support our local team", but still fairplay to them.

Another thing, why is everyone, everywhere backing Chelsea to win the league (talking before today), we are European champions for a reason. Oh and City:D.

I agree, those ads are daft. And as for everyone saying Chelskovski will win the league, don't you know? It's traditional for everyone to write us off if we don't win the first game! It's also one of our traditions to walk off with the trophies come May! All we need is Berabtov, then watch us go!

Just seen it again, the Guiterrez incident was outside the box. The one that looks more clear is the handball against Milner from Giggs' free kick, hit both hands. Oh well, it'll come around our way at some point this season.

Anyway, MB76, who would you pick for Monday week against Portsmouth? Presuming Carrick and Giggs aren't fit and the rest of the players aren't back.

Struggling really, mine would probably have to be

VDS

Neville
Rio
Vidic
Evra

Scholes
Fletcher
Possebon

Rooney
Tevez
Campbell

Need to win that one really. Another thing, why did O'Shea come on for Carrick today when Possebon was on the bench? O'Shea is not United standard. en eff tee

Well i completely agree with the squad but just thing that if we can buy a striker before that we may play Rooney in the midfield .

Their new left back's hilarious.
Doss is Boss:p, he'll take some time to mold to English football, As with the Keane & Torres Partnership. Torres with a single chance and takes it showing how quality he is. I had a crazy feeling Newcastle would take a point from OT, no idea why i thought it though.

Not Looking forward to 3 weeks time if we play continue to play like we did on saturday, need to play a lot better than that against boro and Villa then we can beat united the after those games:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread