English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We (Arsenal) won't win the league this season, and almost certainly not next, but the year after, with the at least 1 really world class players being brought in next summer I think we really could take it by storm ala the unbeaten run.

I reckon half our players would have left by then.

Will_NA added 16 Minutes and 50 Seconds later...

Defoe scores against the Pirate. 1-0

I reckon half our players would have left by then.

Will_NA added 16 Minutes and 50 Seconds later...

Defoe scores against the Pirate. 1-0

Half of our current crop, yes. Rosicky will retire soon as it is, his knee is knackered. Gallas will move on, maybe back to France. Adebayor if he has a good year will be off to Spain for big money or something like that. But the likes of Vela will be settled here and a regular, replacing Van Persie, Wilshire will be 19, and by all accounts should be making the same kind of impact that Cesc did at that age.

Don't think we can afford to lose Van Persie unless Bendtner really improves.

Arsenal's youth team does look decent, but their main problem is selling players just as they fit into the team. Wenger has already said that he'll have to probably sell at least one quality player a season, to try and improve the financial situation because of the new stadium.

Oh and pie-eaters 2-1 Citeh. MASSIVE.

Don't think we can afford to lose Van Persie unless Bendtner really improves.

Van Persie isn't prolific enough in front of goal, and when he plays on the left he just doesn't look interested, doesn whip balls in or aid any chances. Vela has the potential to be able to play up front or on the left, perhaps even both, though similataniously might be an ask, but he's a clear replacement who has more talent and ability, he just needs to grow into the role.

Van Persie isn't an out and out striker. he's a link up like Bendtner. Although, Bendtner is more of an out and out striker. That's why he needs to improve if VP leaves.

Very rarely do we see Van Persie play for Arsenal as well as he does for Holland. He just simply hasn't lived up to what we've needed.

This Tottenham bashing drives me mad.

I haven't been on since Friday, so - I agree with the referee sending off Tim Cahill yesterday. His tackle was bad, it was a yellow card, but his reaction afterwards earned him another yellow and therefore a straight red. That's how I saw it anyway.

I'm going to Arsenal Reserves vs Aston Villa Reserves tomorrow. Will let you know how it goes.

Half-time, Luton Borough 3-0 Flitwick Eagles...Mare?

25 to go in the second, Drew Davie takes his place at centre mid, puts Collar through, 3-1, a little bit better. He only goes and scores 3 more :D quality result.

Hey, it's English Football right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread