English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but who cares about Flitwick when when Roflham Lolspurs are being so crap? Everybody hates Spurs and it's wonderful to see them rooted to the bottom of the table where they belong. Lmao.

Not a terrible weekend with with City and Spurs losing. Can't bear their gloating. Still, I wouldn't mind if City won 15-0 as long as we beat Sunderland.

Arsenal Reserves 1-4 Aston Villa Reserves

We weren't very good today. Emmanuel Frimpong was our best player. Randall scored our goal.

Cahill's lost his appeal despite it being a tackle that was at worst a yellow. He didn't go through him into his knee, more like scooped the leg up.

So appeal rejected, if only he'd been England captain...

ITV:mad: Pride of Britain awards thingy, showed all of the others for about 5/10 minutes each, then put Harry Gregg in a 20 second piece in a round-up with about 5 others.:mad: The media can't put their anti-United feelings away for even a hero of ours saving lives. Disgrace.

ITV:mad: Pride of Britain awards thingy, showed all of the others for about 5/10 minutes each, then put Harry Gregg in a 20 second piece in a round-up with about 5 others.:mad: The media can't put their anti-United feelings away for even a hero of ours saving lives. Disgrace.
It is all in your mind. The typical Man Utd fan thinks the world is against him. The media does not have any anti feelings towards the club, the Munich crash was not about football, it was about people. What about the 5 other clips that were shown in the round-up? Do they have cause to believe the media hate them? Of course not.

the Munich crash was not about football, it was about people.
Exactly my point, it's about people yet they still couldn't put their differences aside for that.

What other reason is there for not showing it? All the others in the round-up weren't for saving lives iirc. Harry Gregg is someone who showed immense courage to go back into that plane, and rescue people. He should be used as an example of helping people first instead of personal safety. He's incredibly humble about it and if he had been English would have been knighted, that I'm sure of. Pathetic by ITV.

As for the media not being ABU, here's a typical article I read this week:

http://timesonline.typepad.com/thegame/2008/09/merseyside-vitr.html

Now, a lot of the article is complete nonsense, but thats not the point I'm trying to make. I find it interesting that at no point does he condemn Liverpool fans for singing about Munich, just United fans for singing about Liverpool fans singing about Munich.

Then Stan Collymore, on his radio show all over the weekend, Monday, yesterday and tonight saying how Ronaldo dived and if Styles is banned then so should Ronaldo be.

Can you give me any examples of why it loves United?

Virtually every sport tv "personality" (and I use that term very loosely) is a liverpool ex-player/fan so I can see why you'd think Liverpool.

Why do you need examples? It's plain for all to see that the big 4 have the media kissing their arses all the time. It's a typical United thing to do to make up a faux pas theory that the media hates them though.

Erm, because I've provided plenty of examples in the past of anti-United articles. Yet, I haven't seen many really going to town on United in a positive way. Arsenal are liked by the media, Liverpool are adored (their supposed "witty" scouse humour, and their grief "the chickens dead"). Chelsea aren't really liked, to be fair to them, but when it came to the pundits deciding who they wanted to win the league/CL last season, iirc they still favoured the renters.

A lot of United away games are picked for TV, simply because people love to see us lose. We're one of those clubs that you love or hate. Unfortunately, 70% of the media do the latter.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread