English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The league table means virtually nothing till December anyway.

Dan's right though, we're European and English champions, haven't weakened the squad, in fact strengthened it with Berbatov. Arsenal have weakened in midfield with especially the loss of Flamini and Hleb, but also Gilberto. They've signed a United reject, a 17 year old, and Nasri who I think could be a very good player, but will need to get used to the English game. Vela could be a good addition, but it depends on how many games he gets.

Don't get me wrong, Arsenal could form a similar challenge like they did last year, but I can't see how they will improve on it, which they will need to.

:D

Na, they won't go on a run like that, it was a one off (triggered by the fa cup game and gallas' crying). They may have similar results though, just spread out over a few games.

well arsenal deserved atleast 1 point from that with their late effort...but hull played really well...the 1st goal was absolutely sensational

We've signed Nasri, Silvestre and Ramsey and got Vela back from loan. Hardly one is it.

Yeh, the 17 year old Ramsey's going to play a pivotal part in the title race........
As for Silvestre. Lol.

Will, I've never claimed to be a neutral when it comes to football. How can I be when I support a team in the same division as Arsenal, United and Liverpool. But I will admit that I have a soft spot for United. They were the team I support for most of my childhood, but then Dad finally converted me into an Everton fan. I've always liked them, and enjoyed seeing them do well. That's why you see this so called bias towards United. I've never claimed to be neutal when Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool are concerned.

Silvestre isn't a first team player. He's a back up player with experience. He's also versatile.

yh...the injuries we had last season left us with no CB where we had to play gilberto in defence etc...

still upset about the loss after watching MOTD...we had a million chances to score tbh...a good winning performance on tuesday and all will be forgotten:rolleyes:

Rooney and Berbatov were dominating toward the end, Berbatov really lifted for a bit there, and was unlucky not to score, when the ball lobbed up in the air.

We (Arsenal) won't win the league this season, and almost certainly not next, but the year after, with the at least 1 really world class players being brought in next summer I think we really could take it by storm ala the unbeaten run.

I just seen the penalty for Man U and I've got to say it very harsh. Mind you though I'd rather have a penalty against Bolton than against us, which could have happened yesterday, if Justin Hoyte didn't go so theratrical when he was tackled. Some people may call our goal like a Championship goal but really I think that was a Conference North:p. Did you also know that is only the 5th time we have won away from home in the Premier League:eek:.

I still can't believe how well Hull are doing though, they maybe the new Wigan:p. Stoke without Rory Delap is like a car without wheels (enough said on that!). Blackburn are getting the luck with their fixtures so far and our arch rivals Villa seem to know how to win, which is a change:p. Oh and the minor derby of Liverpool vs. Everton, well that was obvious considering Everton's home form this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread