English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got home, at the ground, was pretty sure it wasn't a penalty, got home and just watched it again and it's definitely not a penalty. Oh well, we've been done out of them at other times so I won't waste time worrying about it. Ironically, I thought when I saw Styles was ref that we'd never get a pen, he turned down about 5 stonewall ones from Ronaldo last season (one in particular I remember against Fulham). It's nothing to do with being United, it's just a poor decision.

Refereeing standards atm are pretty shocking. Mike Riley got away with an outrageous performance last week (and from whats been written on here again today). Styles has always been very, very poor.

Nice to see BBC 5 live went with their oh so neutral commentator of Alan Green for the derby today.

On to the game, good football from United especially in the second half, and especially on the break. Rooney's goal was class. Anderson was good, so was Rio, and thought Neville and Evra were pretty good as well. Really impressed by Berbatov today, looked like his upped his work rate massively, put through some telling balls, and got into some decent positions.

Anyway, time to update the Robbie Keane goal checker:D

Berbatov improved his work rate? That's a good sign. Shall watch MOTD tonight happily. Neville was pretty poor last week tbh. As was Rooney. Utd finally looking like a good team. :D

I agree with you saying he's only played 3 games but saying he's still finding his feet in England is ridiculous.

Cos Tottenham play in France. Walcott must be taking steroids because he's done it again!

Berbatov improved his work rate? That's a good sign. Shall watch MOTD tonight happily. Neville was pretty poor last week tbh. As was Rooney. Utd finally looking like a good team. :D
Yeah, agree on all of those really, Neville didn't really perform last week, but looked a lot better today.

And yeah, Berbatov did really well I thought, getting stuck up, coming deep and picking up the ball. Had a decent headed chance. Did well at one point when he took the ball halfway into our half, ran around the defenders and put in a good cross not far from the byline.

And the Dimitar Berbatov one.
3 games isn't quite 9, eh?

I just knew Geovanni would score that

1-2

You gotta be kidding me

Last edited:
Bloody hell! 2-1 to Hull, didn't expect to see that scoreline! They won't hang on though, either an Arsenal equaliser in the last minute, or a goal now and a winner in the last minute.

Lolz. Come on Hull, just see out the last 2 minutes, and then the 12 minutes of inevitable injury time.

Hull's goals were better than Arsenal's. At least their own players scored there's, so really it's 3-0 to Hull :p. Losing to Fulham and Hull isn't exactly title winning form. Can't see Arsenal challenging tbh.

Meh, a win next week and everything will be fine.

And Dan, yet you see United still challenging...

I hope you're joking. United have spent money and sold only Silvestre and Saha, whereas Arsenal have bought 1 player and not replaced Hleb and Gilberto. United have also only dropped points in 3 games. A loss against Liverpool, a draw with Chelski and a draw with Newcastle. They've started as well as Arsenal tbh, when you consider the teams played anyway.

Yes, United have spent 30 mil and they're below us. We've dopped points in 2 games. What is your point? If Chelsea and Liverpool both draw and we win, we go top. Unlikely to happen but we're not exactly miles behind.

For a supposed neutral, your complete bias towards United and against Arsenal and Chelsea is annoying.

I couldn't believe what I was watching when Cousin scored for Hull.

I hope you're joking. United have spent money and sold only Silvestre and Saha, whereas Arsenal have bought 1 player and not replaced Hleb and Gilberto. United have also only dropped points in 3 games. A loss against Liverpool, a draw with Chelski and a draw with Newcastle. They've started as well as Arsenal tbh, when you consider the teams played anyway.
We've signed Nasri, Silvestre and Ramsey and got Vela back from loan. Hardly one is it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread