English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, meant playing career.

Yeah, managing career probably most famous for Wimbledon.

I mean, he seems like a nice guy, but is it someone you really want taking charge of a football team? I'm not saying this in any form of piss-taking way, just logically.

IIRC, the reason he quit Wimbledon was a heart attack, Newcastle will take him over the edge!

Apparently couples living in the tyneside area have been encouraged to name their kids keegan as experts say it is almost 100% proven that they will be walking within 8 months...

:D

What I will say is that if we're looking at finances and their league titles, we should take a closer eye at the Spanish government. Team Franco.

The Spanish government does not finance us. Atleast for the last 48 years they have not. Just because they bought our training ground at a higher price doesnt mean our finances depend on them.

Besides Spain is not a rich country.

United but we were unlucky to draw and you had Keegan then but know you have that Kinnear there is a better chance of going to the Pluto then Newcastle doing well this season

What a shocking performance, not only by Everton so far, but by Mr Mike Riley once more. I'll start with the ref. He would make a fantastic Basketball ref, but football, no. He blows his whistle as soon as there's contact, books players for small challenges (Fellatio) and then where there actually is a foul and decent contact in the area he doesn't give it. Skrtel just blatently took Yakubu out in the penalty area, the "shoulder barge" was nowhere near the ball, and he got away without giving away a penalty.

Then we come to Everton's performance. Woeful is a word I'd use. The defence have once again been ridiculously poor, with Lescott being awful again. Kuyt and Torres switched for the first goal, meaning that Jagielka or Yobo had Kuyt, which meant that Lescott should have had Torres. Where was he? Faffing about on the line doing bugger all. Then for the 2nd goal it was either Lescott or Yobo who decided to go towards Kuyt once again, even though Jagielka had him covered, resulting in Torres being free behind him.

The midfield's also been non-existant, even with 5 against 4 Liverpool have been all over us, with Gerrard and Alonso bossing the midfield. Arteta and Osman have not had the ball, and just haven't provided the service for the isolated Yakubu. Arteta's set pieces have also been poor.

We deserve to lose this game, done nothing in attack and been poor in defence. Liverpool have played well though, Riera looks a good signing down the right wing. Keane's had some great movement and has a brilliant first touch. He may not have scored, but he was pivotal in the first goal, putting on a fantastic cross for Torres. Torres looked out of touch in the first half, but has been bright in the 2nd and a class above the poor Everton defence.

We've got alot of improving to do. Narrowly beating Stoke, struggled against Hull and have been outclassed by Liverpool. Moyes could be under pressure if we continue to fail, he was poor in the transfer window (again) and needs to get the defence sorted. I'm not in a good mood when Everton are concerned.

Edit: Well done Riley. Prat. Was barely a yellow, let alone a red. Just compounds the misery for the day tbh.

Meh, we were always gonna lose so I don't see the disapointment really. It's never nice to lose a derby, but Liverpool are a better team than us. That's the end of that.

I think Riley was a lot better in the second half and Cahill's tackle got what it deserved. If he'd have shown that kind of passion all through the game we wouldn't have lost.

Jagielka was a rock today. If it wasn't for him it would have been a hell of a lot worse. You have to take your hats off to Liverpool though; they didn't play the best brand of football but they didn't need to and the 2-0 scoreline flatters us. I still think Robbie Keane was a massive waste of money though.

Easier that I expected, great for Nando to come back well, and if it weren't for Riley would of had a hattrick. Reina didn't have to make a save, Skrtel just bossed everything. Arby was the far better of the full backs, but Dossena put in some good balls in the second half.

Midfield was excellent, Riera was decent, Kuyt was frustrating but did his job. Alonso had one of his better games, and Gerrard just does what he does, without the goals this time. Delighted for Keane, althought he has a lot more to prove in terms of the 20 million price tag. Torres is just Torres.

No, you're wrong. Cahill's tackle did not deserve a red card. He didn't go in 2 footed and studs up. He ended up half wrapped round the guys leg, but it was never a dangerous enough tackle to warrant a red card, the fact that Andy Gray and the other bloke felt the same proves it. It was never a red card. Riley's a rubbish ref. He improved slightly in the 2nd half, but Liverpool had a goal chalked off that was incredibly harsh, was never a foul by Kuyt. He's a crap ref, and had 2 woeful games in a row. I'd have preferred Clattenburg tbh.

Meh, we were always gonna lose so I don't see the disapointment really. It's never nice to lose a derby, but Liverpool are a better team than us. That's the end of that.

I think Riley was a lot better in the second half and Cahill's tackle got what it deserved. If he'd have shown that kind of passion all through the game we wouldn't have lost.

Jagielka was a rock today. If it wasn't for him it would have been a hell of a lot worse. You have to take your hats off to Liverpool though; they didn't play the best brand of football but they didn't need to and the 2-0 scoreline flatters us. I still think Robbie Keane was a massive waste of money though.

I though we played some of our better football today, mainly due to Alonso's passing, just lacked some cutting edge, until the second half. Jagielka was very good, kept hold of Torres for quite a while. Cahill's tackle was never a red, but he was booked anyway wasn't he? So he shoulda got two yellows really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread