English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That must get on every big team's "goat" though tbh, every big club wants to win the Champions League. I'm actually with M_Vaughan here, I do honestly believe that Real Madrid are still the biggest team in Europe. More major honours than any other club iirc. They're massively rich as well, well they're almost always top of the Rich List anyway. I'd say they're a bigger club than United.

Sorry, but what doesn't work about Real Madrid being a better side that Man Utd ? Real have a higher income than any other side in the world, they've won more European Titles than United, they've won their domestic league 2 years on the trot and 31 times in total compared with Manchester Uniteds 17 league titles. Madrid have 9 Champions League wins compared to United's 3, Real have also won more Champions Leagues in the past 10 years. It's not like Real Madrid are no longer a force in world football, they're still one of the major powers. I can't see anyone forming a substantial argument to prove otherwise.

I'm not bothered about this biggest club in the world thing, it doesn't really exist, to Spanish fans (excluding Barca and probably Athletico) and Southern Europe football fans, Real Madrid are probably the biggest club in the world, whereas we are to a lot of English, Northern Europe and Asian fans. It's all relative.

What I am bothered about is that to me personally, MUFC is the best football club in the land, and I'm proud of that.

What I will say is that if we're looking at finances and their league titles, we should take a closer eye at the Spanish government. Team Franco.

I understand that people are very passionate about their clubs, but keep vulgar language out of this thread and out of this forum.

I'd say Real are the best club in the world, atm anyway.

United don't seem to be clicking properly, only 5 points, although they've only played 4.

I feel well harsh on Newcastle me. Why can't bell endy stuff like this happen to teams that deserve it? Likes, oh I don't know, Spurs?

On the subject of Newcastle, Mike Ashley gets serious hate for the cockney mafia thing, so he's leaving. So who's he looking to get in as manager now? Terry Venables, another cockney! Guess that's his last little way of pissing off geordies.

It got to me alright. What pissed me off about last night though, was Phil. He really pisses me off talking down to other fans of football, even those who he ain't even their rivals. This is coming from someone who couldn't bring himself to talk to girls about a year ago, this piss-taking and blatent hatred just takes the Michael a bit. Oh, and he's a mod. Big addition to the forum ain't he.

It's ridiculous to suggest Real Madrid have played better football than United this previous year but Madrid are still bigger.

Seriously though, Stu, some new manager will come in, the players will go on about fresh starts etc, you'll win a few and end up 9th. Until then, we'll take the piss lol

It got to me alright. What pissed me off about last night though, was Phil. He really pisses me off talking down to other fans of football, even those who he ain't even their rivals. This is coming from someone who couldn't bring himself to talk to girls about a year ago, this piss-taking and blatent hatred just takes the Michael a bit. Oh, and he's a mod. Big addition to the forum ain't he.
:D Look Stu, I really don't want to get into an argument with you. Hatred for Newcastle? Not at all I only hate three clubs. Just when the fans describe themselves as the best in the world, then turn out 19,000 for a home game, that's pretty poor.

As an opposing fan, if you are not able to have a laugh about the situation, then everyone may as well go home. If you go through my posts, none of them were exactly deregatory, just more finding it funny. Newcastle aren't Spurs' rivals, but I've lost count of the times you have criticised them. Now, I've said my piece.

Anyway, back onto football.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread