English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
LMAO! Sorry to interrupt but i've just seen the best Spurs joke ever over on Gamefaqs;

Juande Ramos has said that he expects Spurs to stay in the Premiership for two more seasons...

...Winter and Spring.

:D

Haha :D. The Spurs jokes never get old.

What's the difference between an accused rapist and Spurs?

The accused rapist has a defence.

Don't think anyone has mentioned this - if they have then I'm going blind...

Beckham has agreed to go to AC Milan on loan in January.

David Beckham has agreed to move to AC Milan on loan in January, the Italian club has told BBC Sport.

The England midfielder, 33, plays for Los Angeles Galaxy, whose Major League Soccer season ends this weekend.

Speaking on Wednesday morning, Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani said: "Beckham has chosen Milan. He'll stay here in Milan on loan for a few months.

Full story: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/7683877.stm

I hope Chelsea beat Liverpool on the weekend.

I got a friend at school who is a mad Liverpool fan and I need to know EVERYTHING that is bad about the Liverpool.

Apparently they've won the most championships or what not but my mate said Liverpool were on top of the table but I later found out that they aren't.

I was going to follow Everton but after looking at the standings and seeing them nearing the bottom, I decided otherwise. I want to support Chelsea but I'm sort of against it because it's a girls name but on the otherhand, they are higher then Liverpool on the ladder.

Give us an opinion on the ideal football team to follow other then Liverpool, just so I can bag my mate out about the game after checking the news to see the results without having watch the actual soccer game.

I hope you weren't serious because that is a list of all the ways of how not to support a football team. You don't support a side just because they are high up in the league, or because it can annoy your friends.

Chelsea might be a girls name, but the club isn't named after a girl! Chelsea is a very upmarket area of London - this is the season, too, that they have finally lost their money impact.

Since you are Australian, support Everton (for Tim Cahill) or Blackburn (a number of Australians).

If you want a teams that are better than Liverpool, United or Chelsea are your best bets. Or you could support Arsenal and remind him of how your football is infinitely better than the crap Liverpool put out, and Arsenals team on Tuesday cost less than 1 of Torres. Or support Hull.

You want to know bad things about scousers, they're all thieving inbred who eat rats and live in council houses. (no offense Matt) They have a minutes silence at every home game for whatever takes their fancy that week and they can't tell the difference between chickens and people.

Would anyone mind telling me how Drogba, Cech, VDS and Rooney made it onto the shortlist for the Fifa Pro World XI and Adebayor didn't?

Team achievements play a huge role in such kind of selections. The only reason why most of the players are in it (not all) is because they were part of the teams that either won or came runners up in the major competitions.

m_vaughan added 4 Minutes and 40 Seconds later...

hope Chelsea beat Liverpool on the weekend.

I got a friend at school who is a mad Liverpool fan and I need to know EVERYTHING that is bad about the Liverpool.

Apparently they've won the most championships or what not but my mate said Liverpool were on top of the table but I later found out that they aren't.

I was going to follow Everton but after looking at the standings and seeing them nearing the bottom, I decided otherwise. I want to support Chelsea but I'm sort of against it because it's a girls name but on the otherhand, they are higher then Liverpool on the ladder.

Give us an opinion on the ideal football team to follow other then Liverpool, just so I can bag my mate out about the game after checking the news to see the results without having watch the actual soccer game.

You can hate Liverpool because one of Australia's best players currently (Cahill) plays for Everton.

You can hate Liverpool because they sold one of Australia's best players ever to Fenerbahce, with the player being ofcourse Harry Kewell.

About that World XI pro thing. How did Vidic get on yet Rio didn't? Rio has been far superior over the last year, absolutely outstanding, best centre back in the world. I was thinking how did Adebayor not get in when Clichy did?

Not as much competition for the left back position as it is for a striker.
Ah, I thought that the Clichy nomination was for the main award along with the rest. Thought that was a bit strange.;) Still Patrice has got to be up there.

Adebayor's over-rated. He doesn't deserve to be on the list tbh. Far better strikers out there, on current form Adebayor wouldn't even be in my Top 10 I don't reckon. Torres and Rooney have gotta be up there for the 2 best on current form anyway. Clichy's probably the best left back in the world as well, so he's got every right to be on the list. Patrice Evra's close, but I'd go for Clichy every time tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread