English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe Phil but it's still not good enough. We can't drop anymore points now. Realistically, we're going to be held by teams like Bolton and City where as Chelsea will just own them. Unless Utd change drastically, Chelsea will win the title.
Oh I know, and it would have been fantastic to take advantage, but Villa are a very good side, and depending on how Arsenal react, could get in to the top 4.

Yeah starting to agree about Park Joe, awful against Arsenal too, when Anderson was brilliant, and yet it was still the latter that got taken off.

We play spurs on December 13th Will.

Yeah no doubt, Villa are a great side who I really admire.

Well I think the thing about Park is he tries 100% non stop.

I would try harder than Park if I played for united though. He was good for a spell towards the end of last year but so far he's been crap. Maybe this week it was because he was playing in Korea mid week but like Phil says we have miles better options. Personally every time I see Nani he looks a real threat but I don't think Fergie likes risking him with Evra on the left.

In my opinion, Nani has been crap this season. His crosses have been totally off and he's losing the ball too much. He's slowly getting back into form though.

Can't remember what game it was, there's been a few actually this season where Nani has been awful. We're in a bit of a chicken and the egg situation, he needs games to improve his game, similar to Ronaldo 5 years ago, but he's nowhere consistent enough. Fergie seems to think Giggs can't play on the left now, so perhaps Nani needs to be played, which will not be great short-term, but benefit us massively long-term.

I don't understand what's wrong with Giggs at the moment for him not to start? Yeah I know that Fergie's getting the team used to without him but Nani's in crap form and needs to sort it out before getting a place in the side.

I don't understand why Anderson isn't starting either. His passes have been spot on this season. He's been doing really well when Utd have been on the attack and has put some good balls through.

Nani has not been that good but he always looks a real threat and people hate on him way too much. He will be a hell of a player and I know I am right and in the long term everyone else will look like a dick and I will be proved superior like I am anyway. Personally I would just go with Nani and Ronny as our first choice wingers an that's that. Anderson and Carrick in the centre although maybe Anderson and Fletcher should play.

Can't remember what game it was, there's been a few actually this season where Nani has been awful. We're in a bit of a chicken and the egg situation, he needs games to improve his game, similar to Ronaldo 5 years ago, but he's nowhere consistent enough. Fergie seems to think Giggs can't play on the left now, so perhaps Nani needs to be played, which will not be great short-term, but benefit us massively long-term.

I think its a bit stupid to assume that anyone who is like how Ronaldo was a few years back will develop the way that Ronaldo did.

Personally, I never rated Nani from day one. I dont think he will ever come anywhere near Ronaldo. Even in his early days Ronaldo had some direction in his play, while Nani is so bloody random. Even the few cracking goals he has scored for Manure have looked fairly random strikes.

Well it was between toure and fabregas for me but as fabregas plays most of arsenals matches and toure has been in and out this season, it’s a clever choice…now this can go two ways…it can either bring the best out of fabregas or backfire and be too much pressure for his little shoulders to carry so early in his career…I just hope it’s the first scenario for arsenals sake

I think its a bit stupid to assume that anyone who is like how Ronaldo was a few years back will develop the way that Ronaldo did.
Believe me I'm not, he won't be as good as Ronaldo, I just meant that if he can develop his game in a similar way. If he's half the player of Ronaldo he'll still be a very good player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread