English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why you guys are so excited about Arsenal beating Chelsea, it just means that Liverpool get to go on top :D

Yeps and they're really going to be able to keep up this pace, aren't they. I just can't see it.

Great result for us in the derby, it was a 1-0 massacre, we could easily have scored four or five. Still, we won, and gave City a nice, gentle shove towards the relegation zone where they belong (only two points above it).

Wonder how keen Robinho will be to hang around if City end up fighting relegation, which they could well do as they are having a lot of trouble getting their balance right. Yes, I know they'll be able to buy all the players in the entire world in January, but that's not what it's about!! Cast your mind back to what happened to Newcastle's challenge when they signed Asprilla (flipping years ago now, 1996 maybe; I can't remember). They were going great guns, ahead of us by 12pts or something like that, but signing Asprilla jiggered up the whole balance of the team! Throwing a whole load of new players into the mix right in the middle of the season can often be a big mistake. Let's hope it's the case with City, eh?

Ronaldo's sending off? BS. The first yellow wasn't even a foul: he clearly won the ball, as you can see by the direction the ball took after contact: it went out for a throw. The second one, he wasn't trying to gain any advantage; if he was, he would've punched the ball towards the goal, so the referee could've let that one go. Can't think for the life of me why he didn't just head the damn ball! It was at a perfect height as well.

Oh and Rooney's attempted lob near the end: C.L.A.S.S!

City need to get it right and soon, otherwise their new owner will just take his ball and go home.

Considering it's a conglomerate group they don't have 'one' owner, they have about 6 technically but one has taken on the mantle on behalf of the others. All their money is coming from a very diverse group of wealthy Qatar/Saudi businessmen and princes. It'll be a long time before they take their money and go elsewhere. They're just going to throw money at the problems till they get better; Ala Chelsea/Abramovich in the early days.

Considering it's a conglomerate group they don't have 'one' owner, they have about 6 technically but one has taken on the mantle on behalf of the others. All their money is coming from a very diverse group of wealthy Qatar/Saudi businessmen and princes. It'll be a long time before they take their money and go elsewhere. They're just going to throw money at the problems till they get better; Ala Chelsea/Abramovich in the early days.

And if enough clubs get bought by these groups, it's going to ruin English football and as for the England National Team? They might as well pack up and go home, which is a shame because in Capello, I think we've got a man who can really take us places and Stuart Pearce is learning loads from Capello, so he might be able to take over as England manager one day.

Whatever happens to City, they'll forever be remembered as a club who were handed it on a sliver plate, not one who earned their right at the top of the table by years of success and clever merchandising. At least Chelsea were knocking on the door of the top four when they were taken over. Where were City before this (and so far, after, come to that)?

I actually think it helps the English players to play alongside expensive foreign talents week after week. Generally, the English style is to be physical and gritty, but if the foreign players can bring their cultured skills and ways of playing here, and to show these to our Englishmen, it might benefit us in the long run. The reason why we're not doing very well at the moment is because the players available aren't great.

I actually think it helps the English players to play alongside expensive foreign talents week after week. Generally, the English style is to be physical and gritty, but if the foreign players can bring their cultured skills and ways of playing here, and to show these to our Englishmen, it might benefit us in the long run. The reason why we're not doing very well at the moment is because the players available aren't great.

Sure, it helps, but not if all the places in the team are taken up by foreign players, which is exactly what will happen, because these conglomerates want success NOW. Not in five or ten years time, which is what would happen if they invest in the grass roots level. Let's face it, they couldn't give a flying fig about the English game, they just want to make a quick buck.

Sure, it helps, but not if all the places in the team are taken up by foreign players, which is exactly what will happen, because these conglomerates want success NOW. Not in five or ten years time, which is what would happen if they invest in the grass roots level. Let's face it, they couldn't give a flying fig about the English game, they just want to make a quick buck.
That hardly ever happens though. It is nigh on impossible to make a quick buck by buying a football club because it such an expensive thing to run. The people who buy them don't really need any more money either, they are the richest people I've heard of.

Would be very nice if they could use some of the cash left over to buy Norwich City, because we really need it. A celebrity cook and her husband can't keep us afloat for much longer.

I'm sorry. but if there were enough world class English footballers they would be playing in these sides. The simple fact is that English football as for this generation is going through a drought of quality compared to other top international sides. It's nothing to do with the money, as the current generation is 25-35. 25-35 years ago, there wasn't money in football like there is now. The simple fact is there aren't enough good English players around, if there was it'd be a different story. All of this isn't helped by our inflated opinions of some players just because they are English. Far too many over-rated English players.

England are doing well atm. International football is rubbish apart from the world cup which is pretty awesome. If we won the country would go into meltdown. Oh and Gerrards a cock wan.

CAM ON YOU IRONS!

Last edited by a moderator:
City need to get it right and soon, otherwise their new owner will just take his ball and go home.

You know nothing about Abu Dhabi, do you?

They are going to be behind City forever. Get that into your small head. Sad, but true.

m_vaughan added 1 Minutes and 25 Seconds later...

England are doing well atm. International football is rubbish apart from the world cup which is pretty awesome. If we won the country would go into meltdown. Oh and Gerrards a cock wan.

CAM ON YOU IRONS!

International football is not rubbish, far from it. England is rubbish though. Friendly wins hardly prove anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
International football is rubbish most of the time. You wouldn't know that though because you support a nasty Spanish club and you're not committed to a good old fashioned football team.

Whatever happens to City, they'll forever be remembered as a club who were handed it on a sliver plate, not one who earned their right at the top of the table by years of success and clever merchandising. At least Chelsea were knocking on the door of the top four when they were taken over. Where were City before this (and so far, after, come to that)?

No one cares about all that.

International football is rubbish most of the time. You wouldn't know that though because you support a nasty Spanish club and you're not committed to a good old fashioned football team.

I have watched a decent amount of international games mate and I feel it is brilliant. I look forward to Spain matches and enjoy every game they play. Brazil's win over Portugal was brilliant as well. Total football.

Its just that England are crap, so you feel international football as a whole is crap. Which it definitely is not. Euro 2008 was brilliant, largely because England and all the surrounding hype associated with them was missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread