English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have watched a decent amount of international games mate and I feel it is brilliant. I look forward to Spain matches and enjoy every game they play. Brazil's win over Portugal was brilliant as well. Total football.

Its just that England are crap, so you feel international football as a whole is crap. Which it definitely is not. Euro 2008 was brilliant, largely because England and all the surrounding hype associated with them was missing.
The play, what actually happens on the pitch, can be brilliant. It is the fact that it is international football though. You have to wonder sometimes if the players are really committed to their countries. The fans are becoming more and more detached from their countries too. Club football is superior. World Cup qualifiers are just an annoyance. The leagues are disrupted for them. Ridiculous.

England aren't crap. They aren't very good, I'll admit, but they're not crap. I'll tell you as well, the hype gets to all of us as well. Car flags at WC 06?

The play, what actually happens on the pitch, can be brilliant. It is the fact that it is international football though. You have to wonder sometimes if the players are really committed to their countries. The fans are becoming more and more detached from their countries too. Club football is superior. World Cup qualifiers are just an annoyance. The leagues are disrupted for them. Ridiculous.

England aren't crap. They aren't very good, I'll admit, but they're not crap. I'll tell you as well, the hype gets to all of us as well. Car flags at WC 06?

Again your view is influenced by how the scene is in England. I'll admit that it isnt any better in Spain because of political tensions and every region considering themselves as distinct countries almost.

However, the football that some of the countries play is brilliant. All the best players from all the clubs come together to play for Spain, Brazil, Argentina, etc.

You talk about dedication. I feel when these players play for Spain, its the only time you feel they are playing with their heart. For every game, and for every minute. Nothing beats national pride.

I have to laugh at the people who said when City got took over that they'd be challenging for the top 4. I said they'd be mid-table mediocrity again. And every time City beat a team playing awfully or a poor team, it'd be, "I told you they'd be challenging for a CL spot".

http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/1222034-post3637.html

Sorry KP.;)

Last edited:
Ignore, mvaughan. He's bitter because none of his 58 teams had a good weekend.

Bellamy hits the post and then it rebounds. Where? I don't know because Setanta breaks. :mad :mad :mad

Same.:(

Anyone see the self-pitying mosaic before about Shields? Where's this overriding proof that he's inoccent?

Gerrard to score from 14 yards and be hailed the goal of the season.

Or to dive and win a pen in the last minute, cue headlines of st. Steven tomorrow morning.

Liverpool quite clearly looking for the draw...

Will_NA added 19 Minutes and 45 Seconds later...

Well, cheers to West Ham for giving Pool a good game...

Same.:(

Anyone see the self-pitying mosaic before about Shields? Where's this overriding proof that he's inoccent?
That's not the point though, smashing an innocent man over the head with a slab of concrete is the done thing in Liverpool. Nobody told the poor lad it's different abroad.

CAM ON YOU IRONS :D I'M FOREVER BLOWING BUBBLES :D

2 very poor results for Liverpool. What's with the bloke getting thrown off the line on sky sports for telling them to sign Titi Camara or something? Some running joke?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread