English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever. That's why England are cruising in qualification, isn't it? It's why they went to Croatia and destroyed them when everyone was hoping for a draw at the best. Keep calling us rubbish, you'll be eating your words before too long.

So Croatia have now become the big test for England? Nice.

m_vaughan added 2 Minutes and 53 Seconds later...

No Carling Cup thread on here so...

Arsenal currently being beaten 2-0 by Burnley. In normal circumstances I would want Arsenal to win this so they can knock out the mancs in a later round but thinking about it I am enjoying seeing their "kids" beaten so the media wont keep going on about them all the time.

Absolutely, we get the point that Arsenal's players have a future, but the press seems to remind us that everytime. (I even admitted that when at their best Arsenal play the best brand of football)

The Mancs need to win some silverware this season. How would it be if the defending european and english champions were holding tea cups at the end of the season?

What do you mean by 'Liverpool are a country club'? :help

Outlaw the term 'go for' too, the phrase is 'I support...'.
I mean Liverpool is not a capital city. Not saying it's a country town in the middle of nowhere, but it's not a capital city of its county.

they're a country club ooh arr, just like you boys down Norwich on your combine arvesters aving sex with your sisters. ooh arr. Maybe that was a bit too piratey though. Anyway, 6 points and a game in hand. All about how we handle the holiday but we do it every bloody year anyway!
Well, Norwich isn't a country club either, since we're in the middle of a city. And going by Dean's description, we're a 'capital' club since Norwich is the capital of Norfolk!

Liverpool might not be the capital of its county, but it is the 4th largest city in the country...

Absolutely, we get the point that Arsenal's players have a future, but the press seems to remind us that everytime. (I even admitted that when at their best Arsenal play the best brand of football)

The Mancs need to win some silverware this season. How would it be if the defending european and english champions were holding tea cups at the end of the season?
Not sure what point you're making but if it's the one I think, then agreed. In that Wenger seems immune from proper criticism because he plays youth players and doesn't spend too much. There are no awards for that, and it works well in his defence, but the key fact is that they have won one FA Cup in 4 and a half years.

And I know they were playing the youth team last night, but that it could have been important for them to win a trophy. A bit like us in 2006, which really kicked us on to what we have achieved since.

About us, it'd be a bit like Chelsea winning nothing last season.;)

Well, Norwich isn't a country club either, since we're in the middle of a city. And going by Dean's description, we're a 'capital' club since Norwich is the capital of Norfolk!

Liverpool might not be the capital of its county, but it is the 4th largest city in the country...
Well I wasn't extending it to all leagues, I'm just saying that Liverpool is a more 'country' city off a bigger city (Manchester), just as Geelong is nearby to Melbourne but isn't as big. I'm not saying it's a rule of all places in England, it's just the way I see it.

That doesn't make it better though, Manchester > Liverpool. Loads of scouse come to Manchester for shopping etc, nowhere near as many Mancunians in Liverpool.

Well I wasn't extending it to all leagues, I'm just saying that Liverpool is a more 'country' city off a bigger city (Manchester), just as Geelong is nearby to Melbourne but isn't as big. I'm not saying it's a rule of all places in England, it's just the way I see it.

???What???

And if we had won the Carling Cup, we'd be getting all the plaudits just like Tottenham. Big club, big competition.

Because it's Liverpool. This is the same Liverpool who a few years ago didnt qualify for the Champions League yet were still allowed in it.

...and yet David Norris got fined ?5,000 by The FA for his gesture, plus whatever ITFC charged him.

Double standards at its finest.

Because it's Liverpool. This is the same Liverpool who a few years ago didnt qualify for the Champions League yet were still allowed in it.

They did win the thing to be fair to them, they had as much right as Everton did to enter the competition that year.

As for this, it has no correlation to the David Norris incident. Norris was supporting a man who killed 2 children and paralysed a man. This Michael Shiels fella is unrightfully serving 10 years in prison for a crime he didn't commit, and even though there has been the actual assailant come forward to claim he commited the murder, Shiels is still in prison. Liverpool are within their rights to give their support to the fella, it's mental.

As for this, it has no correlation to the David Norris incident. Norris was supporting a man who killed 2 children and paralysed a man. This Michael Shiels fella is unrightfully serving 10 years in prison for a crime he didn't commit, and even though there has been the actual assailant come forward to claim he commited the murder, Shiels is still in prison. Liverpool are within their rights to give their support to the fella, it's mental.
He retracted it because his statement was crap and it was apparent he didn't do it. The bloke was probably going to end up in serious trouble had he not gone forward with it regardless of whether he did it or not.

Not saying that Shields did it, couldn't care less about him, but I don't believe this bloke did it all.

Leicester Fox added 35 Minutes and 5 Seconds later...

OMG I've just seen Stan Collymore on football matters. Worst pundit ever. He struggles to hide his blatant bias against united for a start but I don't care about what some pervert thinks of us anyway. It does however annoy me when he's on the telly.

For a start he called Robinho, Ronaldhino. Then he said in a few years time when the massives are signing the likes of Messi and Ronaldo, nearly wet myself there :D He goes on to say the corner Ronaldo handballed was a defensive one so he was gaining an advantage :D and he completely ignores the fact Graham Poll actually states the rules of football which are 100% categorically saying he shouldn't have been sent offand proceeds to make up his own rules by which his least favourite player can be sent off. Entertaining I guess, but I actually could do a better job. All Collymore does is try to further his agenda and talks over people, he's an embarassment to people who actually do research and know anything about football. Can't believe he gets paid to talk about football. He said Kenwyne Jones wasn't that good of a signing, only won player of the year for the mackems after all. Also said Cisse was a bit hit and miss, only their leading scorer and cost them how much exactly? NOTHING. He is an idiot. He is genuinely a really stupid human being. Some stupid footballers though just accept the fact and are nice enough people, this guy has an insane belief he is a fountain of knowledge and isn't a complete twat. Well you're wrong, go and shag some more people in car parks you dirty knob.

Rant over, however i may have to forcibly remove him from my tv screen. However a Stan Collymore shaped hole in it won't look that good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread