English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is why your national team is rubbish. International football is not.

Excuse me, but get with the times, eh? England are looking like they're going to become a very capable International team. You didn't see the Germany game? And that was our 'B' team.

MasterBlaster76 added 6 Minutes and 35 Seconds later...

You know nothing about Abu Dhabi, do you?

They are going to be behind City forever. Get that into your small head. Sad, but true.

m_vaughan added 1 Minutes and 25 Seconds later...

International football is not rubbish, far from it. England is rubbish though. Friendly wins hardly prove anything.

1. My 'small' head? At least I know how to stick with the one team and not have 100 others to fall back on if they're not winning for a while. And before you start, it'd be just the same if I supported someone other than Utd, you can be sure of that. (I'll go wash my mouth out now, eh Phil 123?)

2. England v Germany never has been a friendly, isn't a friendly now and never will be a friendly. Those two just don't do FRIENDLY! England went over there and taught the European Finalists a footballing lesson. It could very easily have been four or five again. Get this into your small head:
England, with Capello and Stuart Pearce, are building a very strong foundation. Who is your International football team again? I suppose you've conveniently jumped on the Spain bandwagon now, eh?

MasterBlaster76 added 1 Minutes and 1 Seconds later...

Yeah but our players don't have national pride.

Say that to the lads who played Germany. Maybe we should field our 'B' team more often...

Excuse me, but get with the times, eh? England are looking like they're going to become a very capable International team. You didn't see the Germany game? And that was our 'B' team.

1. My 'small' head? At least I know how to stick with the one team and not have 100 others to fall back on if they're not winning for a while. And before you start, it'd be just the same if I supported someone other than Utd, you can be sure of that. (I'll go wash my mouth out now, eh Phil 123?)

2. England v Germany never has been a friendly, isn't a friendly now and never will be a friendly. Those two just don't do FRIENDLY! England went over there and taught the European Finalists a footballing lesson. It could very easily have been four or five again. Get this into your small head:
England, with Capello and Stuart Pearce, are building a very strong foundation. Who is your International football team again? I suppose you've conveniently jumped on the Spain bandwagon now, eh?

Say that to the lads who played Germany. Maybe we should field our 'B' team more often...

Ok then. Your 'B' team is better than your 'A' team then. But they are still rubbish. Capello will make them better no doubt because he is a genious, but not good enough.

And for your knowledge, I did jump on the Spain bandwagon. But not now, but long time back when all everyone would say is they are the biggest underachievers in world football, and they never beat the big teams or win the big matches. I have had more than fair share of disappointments, but 2008 changed all that.

Real Madrid, I did start supporting them at one point, but haven't stopped ever since, and cant even think about it. Neither did I follow any other team before it. I think I have gone through it a million times before that I do like watching other teams, especially Chelsea, Fiorentina and Stuttgart, but dont really care about what or how they are doing. Arsenal beat Chelsea at the Bridge, big deal. Madrid losing to Getafe was so hard to take.

All these glory hunters, such a shame :noway ;) I support Newcastle just because you never know what is going to happen next :p
I go for Liverpool because they're perennial underachievers but have some talent, and are a country club with passionate fans, like my AFL team. Add in an Aussie player (Kewell) when I started going for them, and a cousin who already went for them, and it was a good choice.

I go for Liverpool because they're perennial underachievers but have some talent, and are a country club with passionate fans, like my AFL team. Add in an Aussie player (Kewell) when I started going for them, and a cousin who already went for them, and it was a good choice.
What do you mean by 'Liverpool are a country club'? :help

Outlaw the term 'go for' too, the phrase is 'I support...'.

they're a country club ooh arr, just like you boys down Norwich on your combine arvesters aving sex with your sisters. ooh arr. Maybe that was a bit too piratey though. Anyway, 6 points and a game in hand. All about how we handle the holiday but we do it every bloody year anyway!

Last edited:
No Carling Cup thread on here so...

Arsenal currently being beaten 2-0 by Burnley. In normal circumstances I would want Arsenal to win this so they can knock out the mancs in a later round but thinking about it I am enjoying seeing their "kids" beaten so the media wont keep going on about them all the time.

they're a country club ooh arr, just like you boys down Norwich on your combine arvesters aving sex with your sisters. ooh arr. Maybe that was a bit too piratey though. Anyway, 6 points and a game in hand. All about how we handle the holiday but we do it every bloody year anyway!

Looked more West Country to me

Ok then. Your 'B' team is better than your 'A' team then. But they are still rubbish. Capello will make them better no doubt because he is a genious, but not good enough.

And for your knowledge, I did jump on the Spain bandwagon. But not now, but long time back when all everyone would say is they are the biggest underachievers in world football, and they never beat the big teams or win the big matches. I have had more than fair share of disappointments, but 2008 changed all that.

Real Madrid, I did start supporting them at one point, but haven't stopped ever since, and cant even think about it. Neither did I follow any other team before it. I think I have gone through it a million times before that I do like watching other teams, especially Chelsea, Fiorentina and Stuttgart, but dont really care about what or how they are doing. Arsenal beat Chelsea at the Bridge, big deal. Madrid losing to Getafe was so hard to take.

Whatever. That's why England are cruising in qualification, isn't it? It's why they went to Croatia and destroyed them when everyone was hoping for a draw at the best. Keep calling us rubbish, you'll be eating your words before too long.

well arsenal had so many chances to score...i mean 6 1on1s...finishing was terrible and i mean bendtner...HE IS S**T at finishing...still played some good football at occasions...all credit to burnley though...and the keeper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread