English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
what? I have had a little to drink tonight, not a lot, but that post makes my head hurt.:D

I was responding to a deleted post...so it won't make any sense. Apparently you can't discuss lower league footballers in the english football thread...interesting to say the least but at least I know now

I was responding to a deleted post...so it won't make any sense. Apparently you can't discuss lower league footballers in the english football thread...interesting to say the least but at least I know now

Just so the 'mods' know.

Chris Greenacre

Man City > Mansfield Town > can't remember who we sold him to > Tranmere

Legendary cult player. Up there with Wayne Corden.

i know what you mean i tried to put up a fight saying its all english football but people just like to start long threads which is why there is a new 1 of these every year.

Boy we were poor against Stoke. Firstly, I don't know what Rafa was doing playing Lucas and Masch in mid again with Gerrard behind Kuyt.

We should have played Keane behind Torres so Gerrard could play in the center of mid instead of Lucas, so when we were constantly on the backfoot losing the ball all the time in midfield for that 20 minute period before half time Gerrard could have steadied the ship. Kuyt looked unconvincing in the box and looked to get it to Gerrard to often. He didn't have a good enough touch in the box.

And whats with Rafa subbing Reira off in the 60th minute? He was probably one of our best players on the pitch. Skrtel and Hyypia were probably our 2 best players though and if we had Agger there instead of Skrtel we probably would have lost as we needed that strong player in the air. They were launching a lot of attacks from throws in the second half. Skrtel made many vital clearances.

Last edited:
He hasn't been great, but hes a good DM. If we want to play him we need to play him behind the central mids, and either play Torres up front alone and Alonso with Gerrard in the center or play a narrow 4-1-3-1-1 with Keane behind Torres. Either way we need to get Lucas and Mascherano out of Central Midfield.

Liverpool's 'week from hell' is coming up. :p

Monday: Liverpool vs Everton
Friday: Gerrard in court
Sunday: Liverpool vs Everton

Well, if we win 2-0 in the FA Cup, Gerrard gets off free then we win 4-0 in the Premier League then it will all of a sudden be a great week :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread