English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mascherano needs to be dropped. He's been your worst player this season.

I REALLY hope you're joking. Mascherano's been one of Liverpool's best players this season. Just because he doesn't score loads of goals and get loads of assists doesn't mean he's been bad, he does his job with no nonsense and little fuss, and does it very well. Probably one of the best Defensive Midfielders in the world, if not the best.

Lucas is the one Liverpool have to worry about, he was woeful yesterday.

Reira has been one of our best this year. He's been a good buy for us.

Masch has been pretty good when played in his DM position, but the last 2 games when he's been paired with Lucas in midfield I don't think we've been as strong as we could be.

Zenit spokesman Alexei Petrov said: "I can confirm that Zenit did get an official offer from Arsenal about Andrei Arshavin. It was rejected as insufficient.

"They offered about £10 million. No new offers have arrived from them since. At the moment, Arsenal are the only club to have approached us about the player."

from that it seems that arsenal are the only one who have approached them thus far and it from zenits spokesman so i think i will belive that rather than the mirror:)

btw what a smashing by manure...chelski really got it hard:rolleyes:

Brilliant performance from United today, best we've played all season I think.

Good timing for United to score more than 1 goal in a game. Deserved the win, Chelsea are so predictable atm. They've got nothing up front, no proper wingers. Scolari's trying to play like Brazil, but the key to that formation were the 2 electrifying wing backs in Roberto Carlos and Cafu and frankly Cole and Bosingwa have nothing on them two. I'm still not sure that Scolari has what it takes to win the title for Chelsea, his Portugal side scraped through qualifiers and Chelsea have been poor after a decent start. He may have won a World Cup with Brazil, but most professional managers could have won a world cup with that side.

I'm waiting for the paranoid United fans to complain about 3 Liverpool players being the studio guests.

I'm waiting for the paranoid United fans to complain about 3 Liverpool players being the studio guests.

Then allow this non-United fan to do it on their behalf. What were Sky playing at? Why not get people who actually have something to do with United and Chelsea? Typical Sky arse-shagging Liverpool.

Then allow this non-United fan to do it on their behalf. What were Sky playing at? Why not get people who actually have something to do with United and Chelsea? Typical Sky arse-shagging Liverpool.
Ray Wilkins would have been certain to be a studio guest, but he is now the Chelsea assistant manager.

Got my prediction right on Man United beating us today. With Wednesday in mind and it being at Old Trafford, I didn't think we'd win but then again I didn't think we'd lose 3-0. Scolari needs to realize that Chelsea aren't as good as Brazil and he needs to play more to our strengths than what the formations he likes. I like him though so hopefully he can find us some awesome form and win us the league. I don't think it's our year though.

Brilliant performance from United today, best we've played all season I think.

By miles mate, by miles. I was thinking Chelsea might have felt the after effects of Fergie's wrath after that pathetic Derby County display, but 3-0, and it could very easily have been more, was beyond my wildest dreams! I think today marks the turning point in the season. Liverpool must be worried now, we still have a game (or two) in hand and they still have to come to our place. And what a brilliant bit of play for the disallowed goal at the corner!

Oh and note to Rafa: Don't try to play a Grandmaster at his own game!! Sir Alex is the No.1 at mindgames and has been for years! Who's nervous now, Rafa? If we win our two games in hand, we go top.

Edit: About Carvalho (and others, in fact most defenders) pulling people about in the box all the time: The sooner refs stop bottling it and giving more penalties, the sooner the defenders will knock it off and defend properly without pulling people's shirt all the time!

Last edited:
Ugh, why can't God just be kind and let us not got beat 7-0 twice in a row by Liverpool?

They're jammy sods as well. I mean Fellaini's out so we're pretty much knackered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread