English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I REALLY hope you're joking. Mascherano's been one of Liverpool's best players this season. Just because he doesn't score loads of goals and get loads of assists doesn't mean he's been bad, he does his job with no nonsense and little fuss, and does it very well. Probably one of the best Defensive Midfielders in the world, if not the best.

Lucas is the one Liverpool have to worry about, he was woeful yesterday.

I had the same opinion as you at the beginning of the season. I kept my faith in him for quite a while but his passing has been pretty poor as of late. I was saying the same thing as you at the beginning of the season but he really dipped down in form.

Wanted a draw. :( Hopefully Chelsea will keep stuttering and we'll catch them up.

5 points behind Liverpool with 2 games in hand, means if they win them both they'll be 1 point clear. Add this to their run in and I think United will win the title. They have Liverpool and Arsenal at home which could end up being very important games at the time but apart from that they don't have that many hard games. Manchester United will win the title yet again in my opinion.

i mean tbh before this game they were hardly scoring any goals and lost to derby as well with an experienced side...but yh this could be very significant indeed...will certainly give manure a lot of confidence

Bilal91 added 2 Minutes and 58 Seconds later...

Arsenal are poised to increase their bid for Andrei Arshavin to £12million after Zenit St Petersburg rejected their initial £10m offer.

Russian Arshavin was in London last week to prepare for the move and, with boss Arsene Wenger identifying him as a key target and Zenit keen to sell, a deal could be completed this week.DAILY MAIL

this is just like the nasri transfer saga...every week it was like "oh the deal will be completed this week" and it dragged on and on for several weeks...just hope this is colcluded early rather than later and he can move onto some more signings

Last edited:
I always thought £12m was the figure we'd offer. You always start low in negotiations. £15m is the limit I'd think. If Zenit want £20m, then either City get him or he stays.

Viva John Terry:D:D:D:D And it got to him, cheering everytime he touched the ball, cheering when his name was announced, "We saw you crying on the telly" and "Terry, whats the score" at the end. Chelsea and their supporters just hated it:)

Anyone who takes Benitez's comments seriously should look at that telegraph article and at points in today's game. Ronaldo gave away a free kick and got a yellow card for being hauled down in the box, we could have had two debateable penalties and we had a perfectly good goal ruled out. Obviously we'l still get accused of getting all the decisions at OT, maybe thats cos most of the time, we're the ones attacking, it's difficult to get a pen if you have 10 men behind the ball. Liked Fergie's riposte today too "He's obviously an angry and disturbed man";)

Keep changing my mind about Tevez, after today, I'm thinking we should definitely keep him, warming up, got a great reception with "Argentina!" took his time to clap then pointed to his badge about 10 times.

Our atmosphere always gets the piss taken out of it, but it's as good as any other ground in the country when it's rocking like today. It's no worse than the media love-in's "Kop". My voice is fliped now though.:)

EDIT: Another point, some pundits and people seem to be hinting that Chelsea are out of the title race, no way, I think it'll be out of us or them, even if we win our 2 games, 5 points in front of them isn't that much, we were that much behind Arsenal last year in mid-February.

Last edited:
Ray Wilkins bums Chelsea not United anyway. He just gets put in for united games becase he played for us too but he's a Chelsea man.

Anyway class win :D I have given Giggs some stick and I heard the team yesterday and thought what the fliping flip? Was all good though, should never doubt Fergie. Wonder if mr Benitez was watching too, about 15 penaltys turned down, 2 legitimate goals ruled out :D

Well after yesterday's great game against Chelsea, I really see us taking the title again this year. Berba, Rooney and Ronaldo were great upfront along with the experience of Giggs. Park played solid yet again. Evra really brought another dimension to the game on the left side. Evans was solid at the back for the first time in the recent games he's played.

Well after yesterday's great game against Chelsea, I really see us taking the title again this year. Berba, Rooney and Ronaldo were great upfront along with the experience of Giggs. Park played solid yet again. Evra really brought another dimension to the game on the left side. Evans was solid at the back for the first time in the recent games he's played.

I think Rafa might have done Utd the biggest favour he could've done them: they were clearly fired up in the Chelsea game. Anyway, he's talking BS! Sir Alex has had his fair share of touchline bans, hasn't he? And what the hell is he going on about saying he's defending his team? What has Sir Alex said about Liverpool this year that Rafa needs to defend them? Watch out, Rafa, otherwise I can see you saying something like this towards the end of the season:

'..and...and..they've still got to go to X team's ground and get something and I'll tell you something..I'll love it if we beat them, love it!'

Don't start something you can't finish, Mr Benitez, right now you're making yourself look like a proper twit.

MasterBlaster76 added 2 Minutes and 12 Seconds later...

Viva John Terry:D:D:D:D And it got to him, cheering everytime he touched the ball, cheering when his name was announced, "We saw you crying on the telly" and "Terry, whats the score" at the end. Chelsea and their supporters just hated it:)

Anyone who takes Benitez's comments seriously should look at that telegraph article and at points in today's game. Ronaldo gave away a free kick and got a yellow card for being hauled down in the box, we could have had two debateable penalties and we had a perfectly good goal ruled out. Obviously we'l still get accused of getting all the decisions at OT, maybe thats cos most of the time, we're the ones attacking, it's difficult to get a pen if you have 10 men behind the ball. Liked Fergie's riposte today too "He's obviously an angry and disturbed man";)

Keep changing my mind about Tevez, after today, I'm thinking we should definitely keep him, warming up, got a great reception with "Argentina!" took his time to clap then pointed to his badge about 10 times.

Our atmosphere always gets the piss taken out of it, but it's as good as any other ground in the country when it's rocking like today. It's no worse than the media love-in's "Kop". My voice is fliped now though.:)

EDIT: Another point, some pundits and people seem to be hinting that Chelsea are out of the title race, no way, I think it'll be out of us or them, even if we win our 2 games, 5 points in front of them isn't that much, we were that much behind Arsenal last year in mid-February.

That's true, whatever happens, it'll still pretty much go down to the wire, but maybe we'll have the pleasure to hand Liverpool No.19. 19 years since they won the title, that is!!!!! :p

Next game's important though, we need to carry on the way we played against Chelsea and stop blowing hot and cold which is what we've been doing so far this season. I think we'll look back though and say that the victory against Chelsea was the turning point.

Good win, major loss Rooney is though. Up to 3 weeks. Misses 3-4 premier league games, no champions league games though. All tough games, we sshould be able to win without him but the other attackers, Ronaldo especially will have to stand up and be counted. Tevez too.

Still he'll be back for Inter and down to 2 points now. Bolton game will be really tough though.

Good win, major loss Rooney is though. Up to 3 weeks. Misses 3-4 premier league games, no champions league games though. All tough games, we sshould be able to win without him but the other attackers, Ronaldo especially will have to stand up and be counted. Tevez too.

Still he'll be back for Inter and down to 2 points now. Bolton game will be really tough though.

I am worried about all our injuries, let's hope the rest of the squad can indeed stand up and be counted. Bolton will be ultra tough, but so will Everton for Liverpool.

United, top of the league, United United top of the league:):):):):):):):):):) We shall not be moved.

Lucky but I'll take it, I'm still jealous of them massive blues across town though.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread