English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm absolutely distraught. I really thought we'd get something today. I really did. We're left relying on other teams to slip up now. I hate this.

"If United have more points, it only means they have more points, that's all, nothing else." - Rafael Benitez

That is such a stupid thing to say. Well, what can you expect from a Liverpool manager??

It also means they are the best team in the league.

Precisely. It means we didn't draw tons of games, games that we should've won...

I'm absolutely distraught. I really thought we'd get something today. I really did. We're left relying on other teams to slip up now. I hate this.

Who do you support?

Edit: Arsenal looked a lot better today; a draw was probably the fairest result. Still, it'll do us; now we can rest the big guns at Hull.

Champions once again and now level with Liverpool's record! There was a shot of this banner from '95, I think at Anfield: 'Au revoir, Cantona and Man Utd! Come back when you've won 18'. Well, we have now and if we win next year as well, we'll also equal Liverpool's record of four league wins in a row, unless I'm mistaken.

Doesn't look good on the Tevez front though; judging by that review, I think he'll leave. But, as the pundits were saying, everything Sir Alex does is for the benefit of Utd. Remember when he sold Kanchelskis, Hughes, Ince et al back in '95? Everyone thought he'd lost the plot; but he knew he had Beckham, Scholes, Butt and the Nevilles coming through. Still, I really hope something can be worked out with Tevez.

Last edited:
Newcastle.

Good day for the Toffees. Good win for us, and Villa slipped up against Boro. Upto 5th with just 1 game to play. Just gotta hope Chelsea get kicked out of the Champions League now, or that United lose the CL Final and their fans decide to rip the stadium up and murder a few Uefa Execs. Then we'll be playing Champions League football next year :cool:

Well played United. Let's hope Gary's not the only Neville lifting a trophy this season though.

Great day today. Loved it.

Tevez will stay as will Ronaldo, IMO.

"If United have more points, it only means they have more points, that's all, nothing else." - Rafael Benitez
Wise words indeed from the Fat Spanish Waiter, he forgets to mention it means we're champions. I know you're on a wind-up, but I'll refer you to two links:

DES KELLY: What if it's actually down to you, Rafa? | Mail Online

Transfer League

:)

18 times:D Well and truly knocked off their perch.:D They can never bait us with the 18-5 stuff anymore. We're now the most successful side in English domestic competitions (as the FA Cup takes precedence over the league cup).

Again, 18:D.

King Pietersen said:
United lose the CL Final and their fans decide to rip the stadium up and murder a few Uefa Execs.
We could just say "it was Chelsea";).

Last edited:
Well played United. Let's hope Gary's not the only Neville lifting a trophy this season though.

Absolutely. Make it two seasons on the trot that Chelsea go potless!

Great day today. Loved it.

Tevez will stay as will Ronaldo, IMO.

I don't know; Tevez' answers didn't seem to indicate that he wanted to stay. Or maybe he wants to stay, but feels he can't.

Wise words indeed from the Fat Spanish Waiter, he forgets to mention it means we're champions. I know you're on a wind-up, but I'll refer you to two links:

DES KELLY: What if it's actually down to you, Rafa? | Mail Online

Transfer League

:)

18 times:D Well and truly knocked off their perch.:D They can never bait us with the 18-5 stuff anymore. We're now the most successful side in English domestic competitions (as the FA Cup takes precedence over the league cup).

Again, 18:D.

We could just say "it was Chelsea";).

And our target next year will be to overtake them and take their four-in-a-row record as well. Also, really bad news for everyone else in the league (and maybe in Europe): Sir Alex might hang around for another five (5) years!!

Oh and let me just add: League Titles Man Utd 18-18 Liverpool!!!!!! Also, allow me to remind Liverpool: YOU STILL HAVEN'T WON THE PREMIERSHIP!!!

:happy

:banana2 :banana2 :banana2 :banana2 :D

Tevez wants to stay; Fergie wants him to stay as do all the fans. The only problem is MSI.

I think Carlos Tevez will leave and Ronaldo will stay.

Did anyone see Ronaldo's interview with Anderson? :D

United are waiting until Tevez comes on the free market as of 30th June 2009, in the belief he'll be cheaper than the ?25m they agreed on 2 years ago. However, if they can get him for less than that before the loan expires, they'll sign him then.

I think Carlos Tevez will leave and Ronaldo will stay.

Did anyone see Ronaldo's interview with Anderson? :D

Here it is, for anyone who didn't see it:

YouTube - Funny! Cristiano Ronaldo Interviews Anderson!

United are waiting until Tevez comes on the free market as of 30th June 2009, in the belief he'll be cheaper than the ?25m they agreed on 2 years ago. However, if they can get him for less than that before the loan expires, they'll sign him then.

Let's hope so.

What a boring, negative, defensive little side United are :D

Seriously, well done though. I picture Tottenham becoming the dominant English force by 2020 winning their 14th title and then I realise how Liverpool fans feel. seeing those celebrations makes me want success even more.

Someone annoys me about Anderson though. To see such an average player enjoying such success is tough to take especially when he seems kind of up himself. I know that's just his exuberance but he's just so average and he has 2 league medals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread