English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love how this thread is completely based around something that was obviously going to happen for about 2 months now...

Your just annoyed that we're going to play the reserves against Hull. :p

Still think you'll stay up though. Michael Owen will score the goal that keeps you up. It's written in the stars.

WBA are down today if they lose to Liverpool, so that's one place to forget about.

Middlesbrough need to win by 4 goals AND hope Man United beat Hull OR win and hope United give Hull a good thrashing. The odds are stacked up, another place to forget about.

The one remaining place is Newcastle or Hull (I can't see Sunderland being dragged into it). I can see Hull getting a point against the champs and Newcastle having a tough time at Villa, maybe getting a point too. Which would relegate Newcastle and leave 2 of the 3 promoted sides in the Premiership.

Your just annoyed that we're going to play the reserves against Hull. :p

Still think you'll stay up though. Michael Owen will score the goal that keeps you up. It's written in the stars.

I don't care if Shearer runs on scores the goal, as long as we beat Villa or at least draw with them, and let Man U do the rest of the work for us vs Hull. Obviously they will rest key players, I just hope your reserves are better then Hull's 1XI :p

Well..Well..Now all Gunners fans like me will be hoping atleast winning a trophy next year...

WBA down.

Chelsea vs Blackburn has no significance at all, Chelsea have secured 3rd already, not much to be excited about there.

I love how this thread is completely based around something that was obviously going to happen for about 2 months now...
Does that mean we can't talk about Shearer taking you down too?:D

Can't wait to see his face next week, if they go down and the best fans in the world (c)2009 face a year in the Championship.:D

If Newcastle go down, Shearer will leave as he only wanted to manage them for 8 games...

If they stay up, he'll either remain as it goes to his head or he'll leave as he achieves legend status and realises he can't manage a team for 38 games.

Gutless that's what he is. You're exactly right. He's ok dishing it out on TV but he's taken it at a time when he can't be criticised if they go down and will be the new Messiah (after Keegan) if they stay up.

11 Premier League titles. 7 Division One titles. God, sometimes I wish I was a United fan.

Hopefully Norwich will win the title next season... the League One title that is.

Other than following Norwich as your first team, you basically are a Manchester United fan, Lee.

Gerrard kisses cameras, Giggsy kisses trophies
Na na na na
Na na na na

:D

Yep, to be honest I think this year might prove to have been their greatest chance, we haven't been that great, Chelsea and Arsenal have been poor and they've done the double over us and Chelsea (and it meant nothing in the end:D). There's no way all that will happen next season.:D

I've set that banner picture as my desktop.:D

I can see that chant taking off next season!

A lot of my Liverpool mates have been saying to me that United played poor football this season and didn't deserve to win the league. And i'm just listening to them thinking, "Hang on, surely if they played poor football and still won then that that doesn't cover your team in glory for finishing below them?".

God I hate some Liverpool fans.

evertonfan added 1 Minutes and 42 Seconds later...

I also got the usual, "We did the double over them so we are offically better". When clearly being the better team on the day counts for nothing when the season is 38 games long. Good teams are better on the day, great teams are better for a whole season.

The vineyards better pull their fingers out: they're going to have to grow a lot of grapes....and let them go sour...

Their forum is a base of delusion, I've seen some brilliant things on there since yesterday.:D

Apparently:
  • If the premier league is investigated for corruption, we'd have 6 of our leagues titles taken away.
  • We'd be a third-placed team if there wasn't corruption
  • We have had 30 odd points through corruption
  • Our time is ending and the Rafa dynasty has begun
  • Next year, they'll piss the league
  • They're very proud of having the record of most points for being runners up. They've also got the record of being the nearest team to the top with two o's in their name.
  • There should be a playoff if the top two teams are within 3 points of each other
  • The FA have been working towards us winning the league

All valid points I'm sure you'll agree. Apart from them have 10 players sent off against them and being given numerous penalties. Also, they might do well to have a think about how they dropped points through draws against Stoke, Hull, Fulham, West Ham at home.:D

The problem with Liverpool fans is they just can't accept that they're no longer the No.1 force in English football!

18 times, 18 times, 18 times! :banana2 :banana2

Benitez saying that we've spent more than them again. When the FACTS (Benitez would like this) prove otherwise, that transfer league website shows they've had a bigger net spend since he came in and even since 1994. What a bitter, bitter man.:D

18 times YSB.:D

Rafa's a prat...

Other than following Norwich as your first team, you basically are a Manchester United fan, Lee.
I am sorry to say, I wanted Liverpool to win the title :spy. There is a post to that effect somewhere. You can't help but admire M. United.

Watched the FA Youth Cup Final 1st Leg. Have to say:

Wilshere was phenomenal. His touch and vision is brilliant for his age. He's definitely making it to the first team next year (again)

Our captain, Jay Emmanuel Thomas is a beast. He's huge for an 18 year old. He's tall, strong and has good control. If he can improve the defensive side of his game, he could be really useful for us in the future. Plus, he looks exactly like Adebayor.

Ended up 4-1 to us in the end. Wish I coulda gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread