English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad you won, wouldn't want the great unwashed to win a coin toss. Only caught a couple of minutes. It's very late this year isn't it? I'm sure the 2nd leg last year was in the last week of April, we lost to them on penalties after winning the first leg 1-0 at Anfield!:(

Shame about Newcastle going down. But I guess it is something that can happen the biggest of football clubs. Chelsea's win against Sunderland was not of much significance as Liverpool also won. But Anelka I think has clinched the golden boot, and I think this is the second time in the last three seasons a Chelsea player has won it.

I'd be sick if I was a toon fan right now. The team they put out today showed absolutely no desire whatsoever to win. Shocking.

Paul Duffen must be the most smug-looking Chairman in the league. Hull lost to a 2nd/3rd string Manchester United side and still stayed up. Phil Brown fluked it big time, I'm afraid.

Duff, Martins, Viduka, Smith, Owen, Butt all played in the Champions League and now they're all horribly past it. Half of them haven't even reached their peak.

Ouch...

I've been expecting West Brom to go straight down all season, possibly the most un-suprising result of the season (Apart from Man U winning obviously :rolleyes:)

Ricky Sbragia quits. That's now to do it. Keep your team up and then walk away. Take notes, Shearer.

Gotta say well played to Spragia. He never wanted the job but he did what was asked of him and has now left the seat open for a proper manager to step in.

Yeah agreed on Sbragia.

Hahahaha!:D Newcastle and Boro down. Cheer up Shearer:D. Must be an awful time for The Best Supporters in the world TM(C)2009.:D No trophies in over 50 years and an over-inflated sense of important, bye.:D

5th for Everton, happy with that. Moyes is such an immense manager. Fergie better not steal him and have him as his assistant at the end of next season before Moyes takes the United job (as has been rumoured). Be gutted if Moysie leaves us, has done such a fantastic job. Title contenders next year........:spy

Last edited:
Moyes isn't leaving anytime soon. This team is ALL Moyes' ensemble and he won't throw it all away to take a job at United or Celtic etc.

And yeah 5th is good. Can't stand Villa and it's hilarious to see them bottle it from 3rd to 6th. Unlucky.

Slightly worried about injuries again though. Peenarse and Neville picked up knocks. We cannot cope without those two at Wembley next week.

Injuries have been the scurge of our season, had a ridiculous amount, which makes it all the more impressive that we managed to get 5th. With important players like Cahill, Arteta and Yakubu all out for decent periods of time, we've done remarkably well. Hopefully Pienaar and Nev'll get through their injuries, Pienaar's especially key, had a great season.

Robin Van Persie's hit the woodwork about 17 times this season. I can't remember where the statistic for that is though.

I doubt Moyes will leave to become Fergie's assistant, he's got too good a job at Everton to do that. I wouldn't be surprised though if he's in the frame to take over when Fergie retires in 3 or 4 years maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread