English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
5th was an excellent finish considering that we lost Cahill, Arteta and Yakubu within about a week of each other with about 10 games to go or something. Icing on the cake would be a win next weekend...
I am a bit gutted about Newcastle. I'm not a toon fan but as a football fan they're not the kind of side you want to see go down. I'd much rather see the likes of Sheffield Wednesday, Nottingham Forest and Newcastle in the PL than Burnley, Wolves and Hull.
Interestingly on our poll the 6 most popular clubs are the big 5 and Newcastle.

I want Burnley to come up. My uncle had to shut his workplace because half the towns going to Wembley. He was on north west tonight :D

Not all that fussed about relegation. Feel a bit for my stepdad but oh well. Hull were shite. Our first team would have destroyed them, it's easy to see why they are playing s badly, they hardly put pressure on us even in the final third and there was just massive gaps in their team. Macheda should have scored but that'll come with game time, he looks top draw. My stepdad is gonna get ripped next year if Leicester beat Newcastle and it looks like he did the right thing getting a box at Leicester haha.

Hopefully now, everyone can stop crying and whining about Man Utd doing Hull favours and everything. Yes, we sent out a second string side, but it won and won comfortably: it should've been a lot more than one-nil (smashing goal by Gibson). Macheda had a bit of a stinker, especially in front of goal, otherwise it would've been around three-nil. Still, I'm pleased Hull survived; they deserved it due to the football they played at the start of the season. I'd be worried about Newcastle, as one of the commentators said, they don't look like they'd jump straight back up. An absolute sickener for their fans: fancy going down through an own goal!

I'd like Burnley to come up, I reckon they might do ok going by their games against Premiership teams in the Cups.

Now, full speed for Rome!

Haha, I'll never forget the fact that Burnley beat Tottenham 3-0 over 90 minutes in the League Cup. Tottenham had their full strength side out as well. They will do well in the Premiership if they come up. Plus, I don't like Sheff Utd.

In that case I'll post the first thing of my thread here:

Premier League new teams: Wolverhampton Wanderers, Birmingham City, Burnley.
Championship new teams: West Bromwich Albion, Middlesbrough, Newcastle United, Leicester City, Peterborough United, Scunthorpe United.
League One new teams: Charlton Athletic, Southampton, Norwich City, Brentford, Exeter City, Wycombe Wanderers, Gillingham.
League Two new teams: Hereford United, Cheltenham Town, Crewe Alexandra, Northampton Town, Burton Albion, Torquay United.

So, the FA Cup Final's been abolished? Don't tell Drogba. It's tweaking disc race.

I am absolutely shaking with nerves and it isn't even Tuesday yet. My God I hope we somehow manage to win on Saturday.

The whole footballing world will forget about the FA Cup final if Everton don't win anyway.

Brendan will need to get his chequebook out now that Burnley have come up...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread