English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I sympathise with Gerrard in this one. After Gerrard's mate slipped and smashed Mr McGee in the face with his elbow, Mr McGee's face began to swell up.

Steven Gerrard thought the swelling was directed at him and, like any other citizen, proceded to hammer it back down as everyone knows a swelled face is a nuisance.

What may look on CCTV like Gerrard battering the poor, defenseless, outnumbered guy, he was just making sure his face wasn't deformed.

He should be rewarded for this act of heroism.

I sympathise with Gerrard in this one. After Gerrard's mate slipped and smashed Mr McGee in the face with his elbow, Mr McGee's face began to swell up.

Steven Gerrard thought the swelling was directed at him and, like any other citizen, proceded to hammer it back down as everyone knows a swelled face is a nuisance.

What may look on CCTV like Gerrard battering the poor, defenseless, outnumbered guy, he was just making sure his face wasn't deformed.

He should be rewarded for this act of heroism.

I think the fact that he's getting away with it scott-free is a disgrace. I know this happened away from football, but what sort of message are Liverpool sending out by supporting him to the hilt? He attacked the man with 'the speed and style of a professional boxer'. Why? Because he didn't get his own way over the music that was being played or something equally daft.

Eric Cantona was suspended by Man Utd for nine months for attacking someone, only he was actually provoked (a mate of a mate knows exactly what that fan said to Cantona. It involved telling him to return to his home country and do something inappropriate to his mother - I'm sure you get the drift). Most people would react like that under such provocation, let alone a hot head like Cantona. I know Cantona's attack happened during a match and Gerrard's didn't, but I think if the law can't do its job and punish him, I believe football should. Gerrard is seen as a role model by millions of kids; what sort of message does this send out to them?

MasterBlaster76 added 2 Minutes and 48 Seconds later...

Carlos Tevez might not be a bad striker but he has an ugly face and I'm afraid this billboard will scare more people than welcome them.

Or maybe he is being welcomed to Manchester?:p

That just shows how childish Man City are; I'd expect such a stunt from an unofficial fan website, not a 'professional' football club.

For all their new stars Manchester City have not had a terrific pre-season.

Something I'm pleased about is Norwich drawing with a Man Utd XI at Carrow Road on Saturday. We went ahead with a cracker from 25 yards by a 17 year old midfielder in the 16th minute and with just 5 minutes left they equalised with Richie De Laet.

How Gerrard got away with that claiming 'self defence' was one of the funniest things I've seen in a while. I never knew that stumbling around after being elbowed in the face was an aggressive action.

Oh well, I don't really mind Gerrard. I am not holding it against him, what he did was no different to what most drunk males would do in that situation (when a friend hits someone, it's a pretty natural reaction to hit them as well... especially if you are drunk). I'm holding it against the stupid jury.

Last edited:
For all their new stars Manchester City have not had a terrific pre-season.

Something I'm pleased about is Norwich drawing with a Man Utd XI at Carrow Road on Saturday. We went ahead with a cracker from 25 yards by a 17 year old midfielder in the 16th minute and with just 5 minutes left they equalised with Richie De Laet.

Man City have been rubbish in pre season and I am looking forwards to it continuing into the season.

Eduardooo-oooooooooo. Eduardoooo-ooooooooooo.
I can't remember the rest but he's the tweaking best.

The poster is implying he will be utter shite, thus ending your (once) glamorous career as a dirty blue.

So you are saying City are the highest and final point in one's career. :facepalm

No, he said nothing about it being the highest point of Tevez' career, he said it was the end of his career. Two completely different things. Of course it isn't the end of his career, but he hasn't made a very good choice of club. Try reading the post carefully, eh? :sarcasm

I'm still laughing at the fact that City's strikers still have hardly scored any goals pre-season and they've got about ten of 'em!

City, you're an even bigger laughing stock than before. Keep it up, we could all use a few laffs. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread