English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aww, you mean the Peace Cup was only a preseason tournament? I'd been excited about that for months.

City were not playing in it, were they? Even in preseason, tournaments have a bit more importance than one-off games, since there is an added urge to win to qualify to the next round.

Saturday 22nd May 2010 - Santiago Bernabeu Stadium, Madrid - Real Madrid vs. Man Utd...yes, please :)

We can dream, but we all know Man Utd vs. Barcelona or Man Utd vs. Chelsea is far more likely. Or even Chelsea vs. Barcelona.

Van der Sar has broken his finger and is out for eight weeks. It's fate, isn't it: time for Foster to step up; the Polish guy is no good...

Was at Old Trafford last night for the Friendly against Valencia. Was a pretty decent performance even if Owen should have scored atleast a hattrick but missed every opportunity. Valencia (player not the team) had a good match down the right setting up Rooney's header. And the other main person who stood out to me was Anderson who I though had a very good second half when brought on.

Was at Old Trafford last night for the Friendly against Valencia. Was a pretty decent performance even if Owen should have scored atleast a hattrick but missed every opportunity. Valencia (player not the team) had a good match down the right setting up Rooney's header. And the other main person who stood out to me was Anderson who I though had a very good second half when brought on.

I reckon Owen's nerves over his first OT game got to him. He's been scoring freely up to now, but all of them have been away from home. What sort of reception did he get from the fans?

Edit: Just watched some of it on Youtube and I'll tell you what; this Valencia is going to be a huge success for us. Every game I've seen him in for us has shown some very impressive play from him; even when he was at Wigan I rated him.

Look at Capello!! He's interested in Owen again now, that's for sure. I just saw one of Owen's chances - it wasn't a bad miss, he did well to get it over the keeper who was charging out at him and the fans gave him a generous round of applause for the attempt and the excellent run that preceded it.

If Owen can stay fit, I expect great things from him this season. My friend reckons he got a lot of bad physio at Newcastle...

Edit: A couple of those misses were pretty bad, but on another day, he could've had four or five. And that's against Valencia who are a decent team.

Last edited:
They were just talking about when the Sky owner, Rupert Murdoch tried to buy Utd sometime around 1998, on ESPN Classics. Maybe we should've taken his money - we sure as hell wouldn't be in 700m debt if we were owned by him! Because we're by far worse off now, that's for sure.

I didn't manage to get to the box the other night for the first home game of the season but my Uncle and his mate were there and he was pretty impressed. Apparently the defence was fairly solid, with Ferdinand and Evans doing well, same with Evra as ever and De Laet playing nicely. As I've seen on the highlights, Valencia was impressive as was Fletcher in the Centre and Carrick also played nicely. Apparently Tosic played well, but we'll see how he gets on and whether he's actually ready for Premier League football. Rooney was absolutely brilliant and I fully expect him to score goals galore this year, now he's a proper forward. Owen was a little disappointing to miss all those chances but everyone has bad days and he's played well so far. I agree with what was said above about them being hard chances to take and one was unlucky, and two others were good goalkeeping. Perhaps a bit harsh to say he had a bad game, just an average one. I have also been told, to my amazement, that Kuszcak was really good, which is strange to me, as he was poor last season, so that's a nice surprise. Also Cleverley looked fairly decent and took a nice goal. I was surprised how quiet Berbatov was, so hopefully he'll get a bit more lively having played really well while on tour. Additionally, I'm told Nani played quite well, and moved quite well and the highlights showed one of his chances and it was a good shot. Talking of good shots, I was impressed with some of Gibson's shots, almost looked like Paul Scholes. Anyway, positive signs for the new season. :)

Last edited:
Feels weird watching the relegated teams in the CC for some reason. Don't know why, it's just odd.

Lee. Seen the score mate? :laugh To quote BBC Sport:

"Not even sure Bryan Gunn is going to make it to the end of this game, let alone the end of the season."

Norwich have scored :eek:

I'd love them to make the most spectacular comeback ever would make me laugh.

Themer added 8 Minutes and 33 Seconds later...

Oh 6-1 now, reports of people throwing their season tickets at the manager already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread