English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, lol. m_vaughan asked me what I meant by 'doubts' when I said United would start to doubt themselves if they got beaten by Chelsea comfortably in the C Shield (which you only lost on pens).

I then described what could have happened had those doubts crept in.

To be honest United should of won it today and Chelsea's last goal shouldn't have stood.

Manchester City wont even finish 5-6 let alone 4th!

No, lol. m_vaughan asked me what I meant by 'doubts' when I said United would start to doubt themselves if they got beaten by Chelsea comfortably in the C Shield (which you only lost on pens).

I then described what could have happened had those doubts crept in.

Okeydoke!

To be honest United should of won it today and Chelsea's last goal shouldn't have stood.

Manchester City wont even finish 5-6 let alone 4th!

You're a Liverpool fan, aren't you. It's good to see such objective thoughts from a rival fan, good on ya!

What are your thoughts on Mr Owen? I would've liked to have seen him from the start, but I reckon Sir Alex told him it'll be him and Rooney starting against Birmingham.

You asked me about Owen before lol. At first I thought it was stupid but since his been scoring it could actually be a good buy but no way should a liverpool reject be getting the No. 7 Shirt at Utd!

As for our chances I think we should be favourites this season. We both have lost good players but you have lost one of the best and another top player in Ronaldo and Tevez. While we still have Our best Torres, Gerrard etc I think this will be the key factor this season. Chelsea basically got the same team from last season with minor upgrades

Chelsea always had a good team. Its just that they never played to their best. Maybe Ancelotti is the one who gets them working as a unit. Pre-season has been very promising.

I doubt it I didn't like Ancelotti's tactics for AC Milan in the last 2 seasons and there's talk of them buy Pirlo or Seedorf now why would you want to buy them? They are over it now they certainly wouldn't be able to hack the premiership. Chelsea should of kept Grant or Hiddink or invested in a English manager

You asked me about Owen before lol. At first I thought it was stupid but since his been scoring it could actually be a good buy but no way should a liverpool reject be getting the No. 7 Shirt at Utd!

As for our chances I think we should be favourites this season. We both have lost good players but you have lost one of the best and another top player in Ronaldo and Tevez. While we still have Our best Torres, Gerrard etc I think this will be the key factor this season. Chelsea basically got the same team from last season with minor upgrades

Ah, so I did.

Remember, you have lost Alonso.

MasterBlaster76 added 0 Minutes and 35 Seconds later...

I doubt it I didn't like Ancelotti's tactics for AC Milan in the last 2 seasons and there's talk of them buy Pirlo or Seedorf now why would you want to buy them? They are over it now they certainly wouldn't be able to hack the premiership. Chelsea should of kept Grant or Hiddink or invested in a English manager

I hope Ancelotti persists with that system; it was utter crap!

Nani out as well now. Transfer market, Sir Alex. Now!

Evra's penalty: worst ever, even worse than Berba's v Everton.

As Sir Alex is saying now on SSN, when Ballack was rolling around on the ground, the ref stopped the game; and he quite rightly wants to know why it wasn't the case when Evra was down.

Ballack has just admitted that he blocked Evra off! He didn't mention the use of his elbow though, did he? Lucky boy to not get a red card today.

Ah, so I did.

Remember, you have lost Alonso.

Yeah I thought Utd would buy Aguero or Silva

We might of lost Alonso but remember you lost two big game players and we still got our main attacking threat. I don't see how anyone will fear united now.

So whats happened to David Villa? Will he stay at Valencia now. If we got him we would probably be the best attacking threat in europe along with Barcelona :p

Last edited:
Yeah I thought Utd would buy Aguero or Silva

We might of lost Alonso but remember you lost two big game players and we still got our main attacking threat. I don't see how anyone will fear united now.

So whats happened to David Villa? Will he stay at Valencia now. If we got him we would probably be the best attacking threat in europe along with Barcelona :p

Underestimating Utd just because we've lost Ronaldo/Tevez would be most foolish, so by all means, go ahead and do it! If you reckon that Owen/Rooney or Owen/Berba or Rooney/Berba or Rooney/Macheda (I think you've got the idea) doesn't constitute a decent attacking threat, you're mistaken! Besides which, we still have ?60m+ swimming around waiting to be spent; the window is open for a long time yet as well.

Good thing you didn't get Villa - the last thing we need is those two paired up for Liverpool (Villa/Torres).

Can you believe these Man City bubbleheads: Wright Phillips honestly believes they can win the league!

Last edited:
Underestimating Utd just because we've lost Ronaldo/Tevez would be most foolish, so by all means, go ahead and do it! If you reckon that Owen/Rooney or Owen/Berba or Rooney/Berba or Rooney/Macheda (I think you've got the idea) doesn't constitute a decent attacking threat, you're mistaken! Besides which, we still have ?60m+ swimming around waiting to be spent; the window is open for a long time yet as well.

Good thing you didn't get Villa - the last thing we need is those two paired up for Liverpool (Villa/Torres).

Can you believe these Man City bubbleheads: Wright Phillips honestly believes they can win the league!

Im not underestimating UTD they still have good players but when you saw the team last season there was an element of fear in other teams eyes when you saw a team sheet with Ronaldo, Rooney, Tevez, Berbatov, Giggs, etc

Many teams wont feel intimated like before

Yeah just as Wright Phillips won the league with Chelsea sitting on the bench every game :p

I can't believe Lampard! Yes, Frank. Maybe the referee would've been right to play on if it was just a foul, but Ballack bloody body checked Evra at best and elbowed him at worst!

I'm just glad this didn't happen in an important game.

@Jazz: I'd be very surprised if Sir Alex doesn't bring someone in - especially with all these new injuries. As to that list, well:

Rooney, Owen, Valencia, Giggs, Berbatov; still looks pretty formidable if you ask me.

I think Valencia is going to be an outstanding success at Utd and we'll turn him into a better player, just as we did with Ronaldo. And remember, Rooney won't be played on the wing now, so that'll help things along.

See, this is the sort of debate I enjoy: two football fans discussing things in a sensible way without throwing insults at each other.

Other teams, such as the aforementioned bubbleheads are, of course, fair game! :p

Last edited:
I don't think he will. Its a week to go until the season starts with 3 weeks until transfer window ends. Plus all the big guns have been snapped up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread